• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Majora Come Back?

M

majoraman3

Should Majora come back? I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this up. But I think he should maybe come back into another game because most villans come back into more than one game. But instead of coming back in the form he was but into a diffrent form than he was? What do you think?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
this would probably have been best in "future zelda" forum.

anyway, unless they have another game with Termina, no. Majora is to Termina as Ganondorf is to Hyrule, IMO.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Well I probably would like it only if Majora kept her evil insanity. She needs to be as evil and malicious as she was before.

It doesn't matter where she is, she needs to be a monster with death in her eyes. She can't kill with a reason other than baseless hatred, insanity, and enjoyment. I also don't want to have her become a normal scheming villain.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
i like your ides, charge, but this will most likely not happen because MM was made when there were no rules. they were able to do what they wanted with the game and now there are guidelines that will keep the Zelda series from being as dark and symbolic as MM. i dont see them making anymore senseless villains.

i do, however, stick to my idea that Majora should only appear hand in hand with Termina.

I don't think Majora should appear again. Majora's Mask is a mysterious game to me and the villain is unique and never done before. I don't want Majora to become the new "tingle" if you know what I mean... overused, overappeared and ruined.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Ganondorf is used a lot and Vaati has been used multiple times. why cant Majora be reused? it worked for the 2 previous villains. we have little to no BS on Majora. it would nice to find those origins out.

Ganondorf is used a lot and Vaati has been used multiple times. why cant Majora be reused? it worked for the 2 previous villains. we have little to no BS on Majora. it would nice to find those origins out.

Ganondorf is used and getting overrused too, I wasn't excited when I heard Ganondorf was the bad guy in TP, in fact I preferred Zant's personality to the done 100x before "big tough mean sword fighting Ganondorf" - oh and let's play tennis with balls of energy, again - and Vaati really held no interest with me in the first place. I liked the Minish Cap, but Vaati did nothing for me.

To me, Ganondorf is different to Ganon, I wouldn't mind if the next Zelda game had a completely different Villain or Ganon and no Ganondorf.

Majora is too good of a character to risk one of Nintendo's 'new ideas.'

Last edited:

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
i like your ides, charge, but this will most likely not happen because MM was made when there were no rules. they were able to do what they wanted with the game and now there are guidelines that will keep the Zelda series from being as dark and symbolic as MM. i dont see them making anymore senseless villains.

i do, however, stick to my idea that Majora should only appear hand in hand with Termina.

Yes Zemen I understand that, but a man can dream. But the only way I expect another Majora's Mask to be made is for the next Nintendo console to not sell well.

Majora's Mask was my favorite game because of the mysterious and vague background story of the main enemy. Majora would be very cool to learn more about, but I just hope nintendo doesn't reuse Majora or Majora's Mask, only to disapoint us with a crappy backstory.

Should Majora come back? Hell yes.

Majora's Mask was a brilliant game in terms of storyline and mystery. That made it great, of course, but I would really like to have some mystery revealed. And Majora is one of those great mysteries. The evilest, most destructive and most insane enemy of the entire Zelda series could really do with a little backstory, IMO. They don't need to "explain" it having the personality it does. I'd prefer they didn't, actually (Majora should be just as insane and evil as before.) But I would like to know a little history on what the hell Majora is. Such as: is it a demon like some of us think?

I can't really agree with Zemen that Majora would have to be restricted to Termina. Several people were capable of transporting between dimensions, such as Link and the Happy Mask Salesman, so I don't see why Majora wouldn't be able to, considering how powerful and enigmatic he was.

That doesn't mean I don't want Majora to appear in another Termina based game. In fact, I liked Termina a lot, and would really like to see it in another Zelda game, Majora or no Majora.

Last edited:
I think some times it is best to keep things the way they are. Majora's was a great character and perhaps, just like with Midna, it would be best if we keep it at that. Sometimes things may backfire. I liked Vaati in Minishcap, I know it appeared in FS but if he appeared yet again, it would only become another overused character just like Tingle.

I really can't see Majora working as a villain again.

I mean Majora worked so well with the themes of Majora's Mask, that I can't imagine how Majora would work in another Zelda game.

i think it would be totally awesome to have another game take place in terminia! and i think majora should return. majoras mask is my 2nd faveorite game

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom