• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should LoZ introduce a new Hero as a main character?

LoZfan

Shut up and go away
Again, Perhaps intro a Character that plays as a comrade or partner to link, maybe even go through a few dungeons by himself.

With Link as the hero, and Gannondorf the villan, and Zelda the usual Damsel in Distress, there needs to be an Anti-hero

I think Link is just fine as a character. However, I agree that a co-op mode (not like Four Swords) would be cool. It could definitely make the game more fun and interesting having to use a human partner to solve certain puzzles. They could also make the mini-games as a competition between the players if they wanted, make it even more fun.

I agree. I think that adding another character as a sort of companion for Link that could help him solve puzzles and fight bosses would make it more fun. Even though I really enjoy Zelda as it is right, a sort of advanced co-op mode would definitely make it more fun.
However, I would only like it if they stitched this other character into the story-line and made it less obvious that there was another protagonist, but still without denouncing them.

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
I think a sidekick would be a good idea. Kind of like Zelda at the end of WW when she helped Link. I think it is a pretty good idea.

Z

ZeroJinKui

just for a change, it might be interesting to play a zelda game from ganondorf's point of view, but i cant imagine that fittin into the timeline anywhere, since it'd obviously be the end, and a not-so-good ending at that...

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
well like midna, yes. like someone to do link's job?? NO! it wouldnt be nearly as good as all the other games. but yeah the game is more fun when theres someone else like navi the fairy or midna! that makes the game seem more interesting to people.

LoZfan

Shut up and go away
just for a change, it might be interesting to play a zelda game from ganondorf's point of view, but i cant imagine that fittin into the timeline anywhere, since it'd obviously be the end, and a not-so-good ending at that...

I wrote a fan fic once about gannondorf actually winning for once. He sent link into the master sword and shattered it. making it nigh the apocalyps, however a new hero is born and it's Gannondorfs son

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind

is it JUST me or does anyone actually think that maybe for a change, you should be able to play as zelda? just a thought. please respond if you agree!

Claire

The Geekette

is it JUST me or does anyone actually think that maybe for a change, you should be able to play as zelda? just a thought. please respond if you agree!

I would despise having the legendary damsel in distress swap places with the hero. Zelda has been the one who has the wisdom, but is courage not needed to be able to go on a perilous journey to save one in danger? Unless, somehow, Zelda would receive the triforce of courage, I see no way how she would be capable of flip-flopping places with Link.

G

grimmcanyon

I'd agree on most of your points, but I wouldn't want a new character completely taking over Link's job. Like you said, perhaps a character who travels with Link everywhere who looks up to him, but is still a main character.
lol u mean epona:):confused:

I wouldn't call Epona a main character. But To replace link....you cant just od that. It would need to slowly have him replaced. Like a sidekick in one game, who then gets their own spin off game, and then that character replace link.

Maybe, but hes also old. Link after link after link. A new hero might be like a breath of fresh air. They would have a different storyline behind them, not just that predictable triforce stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom