• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Link Die?

W

Wareya

People -really- need to stop posting their opinions as the truth. Very much. If I sound like a hypocrite,look what heppened to this thread. Happy?

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I honestly can't believe there are six pages in this thread.

Any die-hard Zelda fan will realize one thing above all else - Link is merely an avater of yourself, the player.

That's what Link is. Link is you, you are Link. Without you, Link has no personality, no thoughts, no state of character.

I think you nailed it right on the dot here. Whoever is playing the game is Link. It's part of the reason Link never talks at all as well. They want you to use your own imagination.

To quote the Angry Video Game Nerd, "Nobody ever dies in Nintendo". I think they COULD kill off Zelda in one game, or perhaps a love interest in the game like Ilia, but never Link.

E

ebuch

I started a thread of this topic on Zentendo's boards, and got a couple different reactions. Judging by some of the latest posts (I didn't read them all), we had the same arguement about people's opinions. Kinda interesting to see how two different sites can have the same kind of views. Sorry for stealing the topic... I really wanted to see what another community would think.

Stella3000

Starlight
Wow...........you boys really go at it don't you?
Okay first off I suggest we listen to the nice moderator and stay on topic before he bands us.
Second I have to admit I'm almost tempted to state my own opinion about this little debate you all are having. This is because I grew up around my bros who have been BIG fans of the Zelda and Mario series. Thus I have played and heard a lot about all the games.
But I'm not going to.
This is because the 'debate' is going to far. You guys just need to cool it.
And last Link should NEVER be killed off because Nintendo needs him.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
Actually, the "debate" is pretty much over at this point. Although I admit I shouldn't have let him rile me up so much. Looking back, he had all the signs of being a troll.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
Or, perhaps, some people keep the discussion open to debate by stating that they themselves understand that what they've posted is simply an opinion and not the truth, and welcome intelligent opposition. I wonder why you've bothered to post anything if you're not going to contribute to the debate. I wonder if you're trying to gain brownie points or something. Really, it's quite perplexing.

I find it rather insulting that you second guess my motives rather poorly. Perhaps we can start over and I won't have a negative opinion of you?

Hello, my name is Ace_Strife. I do not seek fights with people that do not insult me. I am actually quite a friendly person, but will not tolerate jabs at my intelligence. I hope that is quite understandable.

Um, yeah I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about TimeLag's use of "its my opinion" and using that to attempt to block argument against him. I'm sorry if you took that wrong.

If they killed link they would effectively, be killing the loz franchise.you can't slag the main character.

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
Link should not die but I do think they should change the charecters around. Mabay Ganon and Ganondorf can team up with Zelda and go to the good side. Then Link would think that it is a trick so he would pretend to be evil but he is corrupted by the overrwhelming power and stay bad. You would be able to switch characters and play as either Zelda, Ganon, Ganondorf, and evil Link and Dark Link. In the end Zelda would find out that Ganon and Ganondorf didn't want to be bad but an evil swordsman tricked them. The game would end when Link met the swordsman. This game would lead into another one.

M

mastersword18

I think LInk should die but instead of going away his spirit should posess another heros body or help a new hero or something along those lines.

Keats

The Most Interesting Man
... More to the point of the thread, I can see this working if it were a strictly temporary kind of thing that was essential to driving the story forward. For instance, say Link is killed by the antagonist early on in the game and takes a trip to the afterlife. While there, he meets up with this game's version of Navi, Tatl, or Midna, who explains what is going on and brings him back to life. Link, now enlightened as to what is going on after his trip to heaven, is given a drive in his quest.

Just a thought.

O

OCDays

Meh, a dead Link just means another one would come back, but maybe ending the Link chain (huh just noticed that) would be something....new. Still sounds sorta extreme, the series would definately not be the same, itd be sorta cool as a spinoff though but not as the main game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom