• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Cole Have Been the Main Villan?

Kirino

Tatakae
I think he should.Malludus was just a lame Ganondorf rip-off.Cole was an awsome villan.If he was the villan they would probably have told why he decided to ressurect the Demon King and all that.It would have worked perfectly.What about you?

M

MegaLink

I admit that's an good thought. I would have like to seen that, I think it would have be better. So yeah, that's something I would have liked about the game if it happened. Cole probably would have been more interesting as the main villain in my opinion.

Kybyrian

I don't quite get what you're saying here... The whole thing with Cole was that throughout most of the game he was the main villain, and was trying to resurrect the Demon King. It really makes sense when you say that they could have told why he wanted to resurrect the Demon King and all that. It seemed pretty clear why he wanted to resurrect the Demon King. Probably just to take over the kingdom like most games have the villain attempt to do.

You tell us that you want Chancellor Cole to be the main villain of the game, but then you turn around and say that they could have told about why he wanted to resurrect the Demon King and all that. If they would have told us about why he wanted to resurrect Malladus, then it would have just went straight back to Malladus. If they wanted to make Cole the main villain they couldn't start throwing in things about the Demon King.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
To be honest, at the beginning of Spirit Tracks, I was under the impression that Chancellor Cole was going to turn out to be Ganondorf. I'm not exactly sure why I felt that way; perhaps it was all the hanging around the royal family and attempting to take their power through deception.

I agree, though. Malladus really felt like your bland, cut-and-paste, garden-variety villain, with no real distinguishing features or a noteworthy past. Chancellor Cole was much more interesting.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Chancellor Cole is definitely a great villain, cantankerous temper, really evil looking and his laugh? Brilliant. But in my opinion the storyline with the villains was pretty good. I rather liked the idea of Cole being a minion of Malladus. I also like the way he put across to people that he was almighty and really powerful and then Malladus sends him shaking at his feet!

There was quite a lot of surprises about Cole, and I think he would make a great main villain if he appears in a game to come.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Cole was the main villain in ST. Main villain and final boss are two different things. Main villain is usually the final boss, but not in this case. Same with TP. Zant was the main villain, but not the final boss.

TheWakerofWinds

Beat Minish Cap *___*
I suppose he was an okay villian, nothing more than the 'evil henchman that eventually gets eaten by their master in the final fight LAWL' (get the reference... You get a SAMMICH :P since i'm a woman and all....) I would've liked it MUCH better though if he stayed good until a decent point into the game, not 'OH YEAH, THAT GUY'S TOTALLY EVIL LOL!!!' ten minutes into the game. Then they could've played up more on Byrne more, for example, Byrne attacking Link in the third dungeon, Cole going out to 'save them' but instead knocking Link down and aligning himself with Byrne. Wouldn't that be better? Oh and Cole could help you until then of course, traveling with you and Zelda and whatnot, be the 'Navi' until he betrays them, at which Zelda can pick up that role. :3

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I'm pretty sure they're going to bring Cole back in later games, so him being a good guy would feel more comfortable in later games.

jebus_thecatman

What the moo?
He's a pretty cool character. I say he is a little small to be a final boss. He is kind of a mini Malladus, but Malladus did possess him. I wouldn't mind him being a in a new game, being the main villian.

Danlo

Daniel
Well Cole was the main villan in some way. He was the one that had the Plan and even in the Final Fight, Malladus Possess Cole, so you still kind of fight him.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Cole WAS the main villain. Link and Zelda didn't have to stop Malladus from being resurrected they had to stop Cole from resurrecting Malladus. Malladus couldn't resurrect himself. He needed a body and needed Cole to do this. Throughout the game Cole was the main Villain.

Icetomeetyou

*brofist*
Cole was more important than Malladus throughout the game. Mally was like Ganondorf in Twilight Princess, just thrown in there randomly. I think it would have been cooler if Cole turned out to be an embodiment of the Demon King's power. Or his body in a weakened form and Link does something that makes him stronger.

C

Chancellor Cole

I definitely think that Chancellor Cole is the biggest villain in ST, after all, the other bad guys are Staven (he turns out to be good), and Malladus (he is after all summoned by Chancellor Cole)!!
So yes, I would definitely say that Chancellor Cole is the main villain of ST!!
:triforce:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom