• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Cole Have Been the Main Villan?

Cole definitely had a lot of depth and I wish they had gotten deeper into his story. But I'd have to agree with several of the others here that he already was the main villain. He started the whole thing with "resurrecting Malladus" - it's his fault all of this is happening at all. You don't see Malladus until most of the way through the game, at which point he's basically hungover, and of course at the end. Malladus might be the big power behind Cole, but Cole obviously has power of his own, and he's the one responsible for these events. And yeah, the final boss is Malladus -- who has just eaten/possessed Cole.

MAYBE....
Okay, remember Phantom Hourglass. The old man, Oshus. He was the Ocean King. But that wasn't his true form. It was just a "reflection" so to speak of his real form, which was currently being held prisoner by Bellum.
MAYBEEEEE
Cole actually IS a form of Malladus, working to free itself from imprisonment and gain more power by possessing the princess' body.
I would explain the fact that Cole didn't want to be possessed by Malladus in the end by saying that, having had autonomy for all that time, Cole had come to see itself as separate from Malladus and wanted to continue with an independent existence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom