• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Shortest Zelda?

I managed to 100% this Zelda twice, takin 35 hours at my first time and 24 on second. Skyward felt like the easiest and shortest Zelda I've ever played, the very little world, short and easy dungeons (Really wanted more sky keep-like dungeons), dowsing and you constantly going through the same places kinda makes you able to "accidentally" 100% it.

unknown

._.. .. _. _._ morse code
I think that it is probably the second longest, TP took me 48 hours to 100% and SS took me 40. Otherwise, SS took me 36 first time through.

MW7

Considering that it's the newest game it practically has to have more content than any other game. However, getting through the game didn't take me as long as Wind Waker or Twilight Princess even with all the side content. I think it was just easy- it was long though. I have no way of knowing this for certain, but I feel like if I had not played other Zeldas before Skyward Sword that the puzzles might have been harder. As it was it was the easiest Zelda game for me to beat the first time around, but that has to have something to do with experience.

I think in terms of 100% it might be the easiest Zelda just because of drowsing though. The dungeons really were short too, but I think it's because they put emphasis on making the surface dungeon-like. Personally I'd never want to see something like the surface again, but that's just my opinion.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I thought it plenty long. 30-40 hours without sidequests is really good.
If you are a hardcore gamer it'll satisfy you for a bit, and the casual gamer won't feel like it will take too much time to beat it. The difficulty was fine, a challenge to most people but not hard enough to cause rage quits. Majora's Mask is shorter if you don't do sidequests. The minish cap is shorter as well I think.

Skyward Sword is not the shortest Zelda.

It's really hard for me to gauge how long each game is because I like to dork around as much as possible. SS could have had more dungeons though...

everettkagan

Major SS and Oot fan!
Sky Keep was SOO STRESSFUL FOR ME!!! how could you want more of that? I thought skyward sword was longer than Oot. Granted, the dungeons were a bit easy, but(prove me wrong) i like them that way.

Sky Keep was SOO STRESSFUL FOR ME!!! how could you want more of that? I thought skyward sword was longer than Oot. Granted, the dungeons were a bit easy, but(prove me wrong) i like them that way.
well, not only do i think the dungeons needed to be harder, but they also needed to be longer. The Skyview Temple was like a walk in the park compared to the Forest Temple from TP. however what i liked about the dungeons in SS was that they were more complicated and involved.

Going along with what pretty much everyone else has said before me the game wasn't short, it was just easy, which made it seem shorter then it actually is.

Probably one of the biggest reasons why you thought it was a short game is because of how small and compacted the overworld was. You had Skyloft, a barren sky, and three surface areas that you really couldn't explore lesisurley because it was riddled with monsters. SS took a different approach with this Zelda game directing it more towards an action/adventure then exploration. You were constantly bombarded with Bokoblins attacking you on the surface that you probably had to move at a little bit more fast pace then previous Zeldas. With you moving through the overworld more quickly it probably just seemed like it took you less time then it actually did because you were so caught up in solving puzzles and fighting rather then a "taking in the scenery" sort of approach.

It also didn't help that not only were the dungeons just as dense and small as the three surface areas, but you had to repeadetly backtrack towards the surface areas to progress through the game. By the time you got to the Song of the Hero's portion of the game you were probably tired of going back and forth endlessly between the sky and the same surface areas that you probably just tryed to rush through that part of the end-game (up until Sky Keep atleast).

The excessive backtracking and dense overworld/dungeons definitley made it seem shorter then it actually was for me too.

MW7

well, not only do i think the dungeons needed to be harder, but they also needed to be longer. The Skyview Temple was like a walk in the park compared to the Forest Temple from TP. however what i liked about the dungeons in SS was that they were more complicated and involved.

I'd love for the dungeons to be really difficult. The last time I really felt truly puzzled in a console game was in Majora's Mask- the last three dungeons are all hard for me to navigate even after a ton of playthroughs. I feel like I had Skyward Sword memorized after one playthrough. Twilight Princess had some parts that confused me for a while such as Lakebed and City in the Sky, but even those are easy for me now.

I don't get it, If the dungeons are small filled with easy puzzles and there were only 4 spots on the map to explore, how exactly this game isn't short? I'm actually amazed at how you guys can find OoT, WW and TP to be shorter than SS, all of those have more dungeons, more exploration and actually requires you to do some effort to 100% 'em.

L

LinksDestiny

I would definitely say that Skyward Sword took me the longest to play. Of course, I also loafed around with the sidequests and just exploring the world in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom