• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Shortest Zelda?

shogun_zidane

将軍 ジタン
I feel like MM was the shortest of the 3D titles because sidequest aside there are only four dungeons, I mean this is only my opinion but I have played all of the main games and only haven't beat ST, AoL, Alttp and FS. Out of all the ones I have beaten I can say MM is the shortest but also one of the hardest. But I didn't think SS was short at all, it took me 47 hours to 100% my first playthrough without any help guides,walkthroughs,threads,etc. Besides one time when I couldn't find the horns. lol

I

inthelimelight

This was the quickest zelda for me to beat and this was the first time i ever got 100% (without help). However i think it was a long game. for me the story was amazing, which kept me in suspendsion of disbelief as well as the music did. i think thats why it seemed short to some. this game was story intensive and less puzzle intensive than other Zelda games. The only thing i though wasnt hard enough was the final boss. He was way to easy! It took me like 2 mins as opposed to 30 mins and mutiple deaths in other Zeldas. Hello Hero Mode!

I managed to 100% this Zelda twice, takin 35 hours at my first time and 24 on second. Skyward felt like the easiest and shortest Zelda I've ever played, the very little world, short and easy dungeons (Really wanted more sky keep-like dungeons), dowsing and you constantly going through the same places kinda makes you able to "accidentally" 100% it.

lol the only reason why it took you shorter that time is because you pretty much knew where everything was at and how everything goes. It doesn't mean that it is the shortest or the longest Zelda game around. You can play Twilight Princess, or some other longer Zelda game, take a freaking long time playing it, and then once you're done you are like, "Wow, that was quite easy". Play it again, and then bam, it took you half the time. (even if you're going for 100% or not)

zellinkda

one of many
Short? I am not yet finished with SS (collecting the song of the hero) but saying It's short is quite the understatement. Clearly you have not played MM. although it had a numerous amount of sidequests, MM had four dungeons. that's it. I consider SS to be very long.
also welcome to ZD :)

Skyward Sword Length

do you think that skyward sword should have been longer or do you thin it was alright with how long it was or perhaps do you think it would have been better if it was shorter?

I personally think it should have been longer because i felt that the game needed a bit more ( dungeons bosses story enemies )

but i would like it very much for you to post and tell me what you think so make sure to do that :)

Last edited:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I personally thought Skyward Sword was a great amount of length.
Unlike older Zelda games which take a great deal of time to complete, Skyward Sword was perfect.
In my opinion, the action in the game was pretty good too. They did a good job with the Wii Motion +.

E

Electrusbolt

I found it fair enough on length. You can beat this game depending on how fast you are at Zelda.

No, it is the perfect amount of length. Anything longer would have just been tedious fluff content added into the game that would not be needed, and anything less would be too short. Skyward Sword did a perfect job balancing out the length of the main storyline, and the amount of sidequests the player is offered, making it a perfect length.

However, something that I would like to add that bothered me was when you were gathering the three sacred flames. At times, this portion of the game seemed to drag on a bit more than neccesary. This was due to the lack of plot that was being introduced to the player. You had to go about 1/4th - 1/3rd of the game without getting some juicy plot details, which is far too long IMO. Most Zeldas suffer from this, and it needs to be changed.

I think it was good the way it was because when you get the flames it gets more powerful and longer so you have to earn it to be longer

Now I have 20 hours of gameplay.
I just finished the Ancient Cistern and I think the game is awesome. And the flames thing really had more length to the game but I still thinks that is the Best game on the Wii and one of the Best Zelda games ever.

Nahh, I think it has just the right amount of content and is the perfect length, any longer and it would have just got boring, any shorter and I would have felt as though I needed more.

Rachel

be vigitant
I think the length is good where it is, but the repetition of enemies and bosses, and the constant revisiting of certain areas, made it feel a little repetitive and drawn out. If they added new enemies or new side stories alongside finding the three flames, that would of been cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom