• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Seven Dragons RP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Narrator:

The brown dragon listened to the human's stutters and had to smile in amusement. Humans were pitiful creatures, always scared of dragons and other larger creatures.

“‘Why am I so interested in them?'" The dragon repeated. "Who wouldn't be if they saw two glowing daggers? Why are you here?"

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Cyrus

Cyrus instantly relaxed. He had, for a second, thought that they had somehow been stolen from the dragon and had ended up with the smith. "At least it's not a dragon's stolen property," he thought, silently thanking whatever higher power was watching over him.

Looking back up from the daggers Cyrus faced the dragon more confidently and said in a strong tone said, "We have been sent on a mission by the mage Cordella to find the seven remaining dragons of this land and collect a tear from each of them. Cordella needs these dragon tears in order to cure the queen of a terrible sickness. We have already been to the woods and visited Farlon. He gave us a tear and recommended that we see you, his brother, here in the mountains. Please great and noble dragon sir, would you be so kind as to give us a single tear?" Cyrus produced a small vial from his waist pouch. He had previously kept an herb in there that would increase his adrenaline but had since used it up. Cyrus bowed before the dragon and presented the vial.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Narrator:

"Boy, do you know how rare Dragon tears are? Do you know why people crave them so much? Do you know why Dragons are extinct?!" The dragon stood up, towering over the small humans. Smoke flared from his nostrils and his eyes flickered red. “What do you want the tear for, to sell? Get out before I eat you humans!”

Zelda_Ali_Baba

Why did the humans attack
Olivia:

When the dragon spoke aggressively, she wasn't sure whether to stay or to run. Her feet told her to get going, but her heart told her they had to stay. Mustering up her courage, Olivia stepped forward towards the dragon. "As my friend said, we need just one tear from you for our Queen. She is gravely ill and tears from each of the seven dragons will cure her. We have letters from Cordella to prove it if the need arises. But please, we just need one tear from you and maybe an idea where the next dragon might be if you know. Please?"

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
Feelora:

Feelora watched the brown dragon as he came closer to the group, inclining with rage. She had not spoken yet, and Cyrus and Olivia seemed to be handling the situation alright, so she stepped back slightly. She figured she would take herself out of this conversation, also considering the direction it was heading. Her heart stammered a bit as she noticed that this dragon was a bit more vicious than the last one. She stood in her place and clasped her hands in front of her, not making eye contact.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Cyrus

The dragon advanced suddenly, this time much angrier than the last. However something inside Cyrus had welled up. Cyrus looked back up at the dragon, and although he spoke with courtesy his eyes showed defiance to the dragons rage. "As my colleague here has stated we need just one tear. Cordella needs them to heal the queen. I'm sorry for underestimating the rarity of a dragons tear but surely you could spare just one tear."

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Narrator:

That's the thing he hated most about humans. Thier persistance. He could tell these travelers weren't going to leave until they got what they wanted.

"Do you know the reason why Dragons are extinct? The reason is because people killed us for tears. Why would they have to kill us? Because a Dragon's tear is his life. If a Dragon sheds a tear, they will die within a matter of hours. So you see why we don't just give tears to anybody, there has to be a damn good reason for it. You say your queen is sick? So what! You think I'd lay down my life for a stupid human?"

The Dragon gave a long pause until he spoke again. "But if Cordella really needs these, then I will trust you and give you my tear."

The Dragon bent his head down for Cyrus to take the tear into his bottle.

Takaya:

She couldn't do much, she figured Cyrus and Olivia had it all handled. As the Dragon gave his story about the tears she tried not to cry. She had been the one who took the life of Farlon. She was scared then, for they'd have to kill the last remaining Dragons in existance to save the queen. It was sad, that they'd have to be the exicutioners. She held back her tears as the Dragon willingly gave his life to Cyrus.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Cyrus

As Cyrus heard the truth about the dragon tears he looked on in horror. He didn't know what to do as the dragon allowed a single tear to fall from his eye into the vial. "But...but...but why would Cordella not tell us about this?" Cyrus began to weep openly. He didn't care what the others thought. All he knew was he had just forced another creature to lay down it's life for him. "I promise," Cyrus began, "I promise I'll never forget you." he said to the dragon.

Slowly Cyrus capped the bottle and stowed it in his bag. He took a few steps back and was about to leave when he buckled, falling to his knees. As he braced himself with his hands and knees Cyrus suddenly vomited onto the ground. He felt the deepest self loathing, watching as his tears mixed with the vomit on the ground. He sat there gasping and crying, angry beyond belief.

Zelda_Ali_Baba

Why did the humans attack
Olivia:

Her heart broke at the truth behind a dragons tear. The queen was so amazing, kind, and loyal and Olivia would serve her to her death...but that didn't make it any easier to take the life of a creature. Seven creatures at that.

She covered her mouth and blinked away the tears threatening to spill. As Cyrus stumbled and became sick, she wanted to help him but didn't want to invade his space. Her mind began to reel back to a distant memory, but she quickly shook away the flashback and quickly regained her composure. Her eyes were trained on Cyrus as she bowed to the dragon. "You are a most kind soul. We promise your gift will not go to waste."

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Takaya:

She saw Cyrus break out in tears and vomit on the cave floor. She knew how he felt. A memory came into her head then.

She was sitting in front of her home, he mother was washing some clothes and her father and brother were playing around with the dog. She was much younger then, about five or six. She smiled as she watched her father and brother having fun. Then something horrible happened. She saw soldiers all around, and suddenly it went black.

She came back to the cave where the dragon was still standing.

"Please, what is your name, so we will never forget your kind deed?" She asked the dragon.

Narrator:

He smiled as he saw how sad the humans were when they knew the truth. He felt sad too, for his life would end in a few hours, perhaps minutes. The blonde haired girl asked him his name.

"Narrol." He said. "Now go. If you need dragon tears to save your queen then you must not have a lot of time. There is a dragon in Kitan, deep beneath the ground. I have to warn you about one of the dragons. She will not give her life very easily, you may have to fight her for it. So be prepared."

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
Feelora:

She froze in place as she listened to the dragon's story. She didn't move a muscle. She admonished herself silently when a tear had fallen from here eyes. Her lashes wavered, flickering with the welling up of emotion all around her. Cyrus's sudden outburst, the dragon's heart-wrenching story; it really all was too much. She clenched her teeth, thinking about her brothers at home. I need to survive, damnit. For them. I never said goodbye. Again, she curses herself under her breath.

Feelora then steps up to the mouth of the cave where the dragon stands, and she looks up into his eyes. She must at least give a thanks.

"We take your final tear with pride-" she choked on the last word, her own tears seizing her voice. She kept going, "Your life will not be wasted; you are so very honorable, and we will carry it with us on our journey." Feelora curtsied, then stepped away. "Thank you."

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Cyrus

Cyrus heard the others around him ask the dragon his name and thank him. Cyrus heard Narrol's warning about the other dragon. "If I have to fight it.....I'm not sure I'll be able to." he thought. His self confidence was broken, torn between what he knew he had to do, and what he felt was morally right. "Spare the lives of seven great beings or save the life of the queen.....how can anyone decide?" His brain was hurting and he just wanted to shut out the arguing withing himself.

As his gasping died down Cyrus slowly stood up, wiping the tears from his red eyes. He knew the others wanted to give him space and silently thanked them for their consideration. He turned to face Narrol one last time. "Thank you. We will never forget your kindness. I will never forget your kindness. We will spread your tale across the land." Cyrus bowed once more and smiled, fighting to keep back more tears. Slowly he turned around and trudged off down the tunnel leading back to the cold outside world. The remaining droplets of water on his face froze but he didn't care. To him the world seemed cold and grey. Lifeless. He had felt this way before. It was like when Angel had died. Only now he was murdering. As he stood there he slowly became enraged and began to punch the frozen ice walls that made up the mountain. His fist became bruised and bloodied and Cyrus began to wonder weather he broke any bones but he kept on punching until his hand became numb from the ice and the cold. He finally sat down on a rock to catch his breath and wait for the others, blood continuing to pour out of the cuts and scrapes on his knuckles. He even thought he saw muscle and some bone.

Last edited:

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Dantay:

He was walking through the mountain pass as Cordella had instructed him to. As he walked he heard a noise as if someone was tring to punch a hole through the ice. He turned a corner and saw Cyrus, frozen tears on his face, punching at the ice wall. He quickly ran up to him and held him back.

"Hey, what happened!?" He asked.

Takaya:

It was time to go now. The dragon probably didn't want them to watch him die. She left the cave, thnking the dragon and bowing to him. She found Dantay and Cyrus outside then, Cyrus with a bloody hand.

Go_Skyward

Seek a door that carries a [9]
Xaviar heard all their speeches and remorsing over the dragon. What Xaviar couldn't understand is why they were so depressed over a creature they barely new. He didn't want to speak up because he didn't want to sound heartless, and yet he didn't want to get emotional. He just stayed quiet, bowed, and left the cave, and waited for the others to join him. He closed his eyes, he hated death, he hated... separation. Those to things made him crazy. He knew they others wouldn't want to fight the dragon so he made up in his mind and he accidentally spoke outloud, "I will fight and finish the dragon of Kitan..."

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Takaya:

"What happened?" She asked looking at Cyrus's hand.

She quickly went up to him and pulled out some water and poured it on the wound. She then wraped a bandage around his hand and Dantay let go.

The soldiers came at her and grabed her. She was screaming and heard her mother screaming as well. Her father was yelling and fighting the soldiers. Her brother was runing at her, ready to fight for her. She was strugling in the soldiers arms, trying to break free.

She shook her head.

Wierd. When was that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom