• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Screen Shrinkage

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
How come whenever the dawn of the 2nd or final day is approaching, the screen starts to shrink and there's a thick black border around it? The screen becomes like half the size. It's always frustrated me and I wondered why it did that.

Sstorm

Some Legends Never Die...
I think it is just an effect used to show the shrinking of time remaining? Not sure, however I did find it annoying depending on where I was at the time it occured

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I think it's supposed to tell you that your time is almost up and that you must either play the Song of Time and go back to the first day, or play it reversed to slow down time. I think that it's more of just a warning and reminder though of what the day is.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
Honestly, I found it pretty neat that they put that in there. I think it gives the game another feeling of urgency that you only have so much time to stop the moon from falling and destroying Termina. I also like how it is timed to the clock bells when that everytime it rings the screen will shrink a bit more. It makes it feel as the clock is slowly tolling and ticking down to the time when Termina is destined to end unless Link stops it.

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I was freaked out the first time it happened, thinking something was wrong with my game. When I realized it was for dramatic effect, I thought it was one of the more interesting / effective ones in the game in all it's simplicity. It really felt like time was slipping away from me, and gave me a feeling that my efforts were small in the grand picture at the beginning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom