• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

School/College

How is school going for everybody? What classes are you taking? What are your goals for this year? Where will you be next year?

Personally, I'm at UCSB as an English Major, and my first quarter has been interesting. I'm especially looking forward to next quarter, though. Much more interesting subject material, I think.

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
At first school was crap, I passed most of my classes with a C and failed English with a 45, but after two and a half weeks I'm now getting a 74 in English, A's in three classes and B's in the rest. Now I just need to maintain those grades for the rest of the year...

green goron

Best of the Gorons
So far I got all A's and three B's and I'll be happy if I can hold these grades for the rest of the year. I'm not to bright in Science but I brought it up to a 89 so that's good.

Austin

Austin
I'm pretty sure I have around a 90 in every class I'm taking (Government and Politics, Psychology, Precalculus, Economics, and Creative Writing) with the exception of Chemistry, which I'm pretty sure I'm failing. Just isn't my thing, I guess. First quarter this year is all that really matters, after that I just have to maintain some level of consistency.

I'm in the process of applying to several colleges and have sent most of my applications already, and I should start getting replies in December, so hopefully that will work out. Next year, I'll be in one of those colleges, although I don't know what I'll be taking. I haven't thought about it yet, and I don't exactly plan to any time soon.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I have straight A's! Well I had them for the quarter... Basically I have honors in every class, with Geometry Honors being the highest. Also I am not taking band this year, so I got Student Aide.

Majora's Cat

How about that
Hmmm... I maintained a 95+ for Accel Math and Science... my Spanish dropped dramatically to a 91. Language Arts should be moving on back to an A- and as for Social Studies, I think my grade should be raised to a 93 or so soon enough.

My grades aren't really fantastic or anything considering how intelligent I actually am :P. Seriously though. Maybe if I tried hard enough in school they would move me up a grade. Whatever... I'll just waste my life away on ZD for now.

linkman8

True and Noble
Well so far my Freshman year of college is going alright. With me being a Computer Science major, I have to take math classes, and some pretty tough programming classes, along with Gen Eds. All in all, I'm doing great in things like Psychology and decently in Programming, but doing average in Math.

I'm a sophomore in high school, and have pretty good grades
Spanish - A
Chemistry - C
Algebra II - A+
LA - A
Band - A+
Geography - A+

As for ambitions, I'd like to do something either journalism related, or something with social studies skills. Those have always been my favorite classes.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
Doing pretty well this semester. I can't complain this time around. I am only taking 2 classes, and I really am enjoying the break.

I'm doing pretty well, I could bring up some of these if I put in some more effort of homework

Algebra 2: 99
Accel Chemistry: 96
English 2: 95
Chinese 2: 98
Performing Arts: 96
Faith and Sacraments: 97
Modern World History: 98

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Hmmm... I maintained a 95+ for Accel Math and Science... my Spanish dropped dramatically to a 91. Language Arts should be moving on back to an A-
I can see why your grades aren't as good in Language Arts XD

I'm getting rather apathetic about school. My favorite class is one called Modern American Design which involves me researching and learning about designers from modern design. This is not 'contemporary' design, but modern design from the 1920-40's. It's really fun and somewhat time consuming, but I enjoy doing it. Other classes are fine. I sleep through them mostly and I'm getting B+ and A- grades in these two.

My design class is killing me. It's a lot of work and the past few days I've been skipping class to do nothing :/ I can't really force myself to work. This class takes up 40+ hours of some people's weeks, for me I spend about 30 hours/week in class or doing homework/design. One evening I lost a bunch of work on a 3D model when my computer crashed. I got really upset and didn't see the point in redoing my work, so I've been procrastinating and skipping class this week.D: I know, I'm terrible.

All of your grades are making me feel bad! I used to be the kid who got good grades (I was ranked 8th in my high school class upon graduation), but now in college I fit in the middle. My only hope for finding work when I graduate is that employers will see that I went to a reputable school and will hire me based on that :P

Majora's Cat

How about that
TheGreen... it's literally called Accelerated Math. I call it Accel Math for short - that proves you wrong, huh? :xd: Anyway, the real reason I'm not doing so well in LA is because I don't exert effort into it. My mom just had a parent-teacher conference with my HR teacher and she asked my mom about my performance in LA. My mom surprised the teacher when she said I'm actually extremely good at LA and that I don't exert effort because it doesn't interest me. Ahhhh... that is 100% true. :xd:

Beginnings of Winter 2011 Quarter:

EARTH 4 - INTRO OCEANOGRAPHY
Units: 4.0
Lecture: M W
Section: R

ENGL 10 - INTRO TO LIT STUDY
Units: 4.0
Lecture: T R
Section: T

FR 3 - ELEMENTARY FRENCH
Units: 5.0
MTWR

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
This semester has been stressful. Maybe its because I'm taking a science class online? I don't know, but I seem to be doing alright. The classes I'm taking right now are:

*American History 2020- ONLINE
*Astronomy 1021 & 1020 (lab)- ONLINE
*Psychology 3110 (child development)- ONLINE
*Social Work 2100- ONLINE

Yes, all of them are online, but that doesn't mean they're easy. Taking a science class is difficult because you don't have the teacher in front of you that can help. I decided to take all of mine online for personal reasons, but overall I've been making better grades than I did when I first started school. Right now though I have 2 B's and 1 C. My American History teacher hasn't updated his grade book yet, so I'm not sure what I have in his class. I hope I can continue taking my courses online for the spring semester. Most likely I'll be taking Statistics soon though since my school decided to change my major requirements:mad:. Ugh! now that I think about it... I'm finished. There's no way I'll be able to pass that class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom