• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SAO RP

pizzavato

B*RS
A day after Sword Art Online began. All the time in the world to beat all 100 floors. But only one chance, or it's game over for good."
Starlight had recently left the town of beginnings, carrying a small amount of supplies, a standard Broad Sword, and all the bravery she could muster. SAO is the first MMO Starlight has every played. Sure, she's played other RPG's such as Final Fantasy 25, but none of them were capable of multi-player.

Now in the middle of a dirt road that began from the town of beginnings, Starlight sat on the edge of a rock, resting her feet for a bit. "Already a day into the game, and I'm still Level 1. I'm pretty sure some people have reached Level 5 at least by now. There I go... talking to myself again."

Kirito

I will never be a memory.
James heaved a sigh of releif as the wolf pixalized. "Level up". He had reached level 4 quicker than expected. Of course it helped he knew whwre to spawn camp. He sheathed his claymore and checked the item drop.

Cati sighed, brushing a loose strand of hair behind her ear. Not much else to do but continue. She was pretty close to level 2, but she was done grinding. It was time to move on.

She started on the path to the major city of the level--at least, she hoped it was.

Kirito

I will never be a memory.
He hoisted his sword and left his spot now level 5 he headed onward to the next city. As he came onto the path he saw another player, a girl, who looked like cati

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Kristine cautiously passed the girl in the feather cloak and continued down a dirt path that led toward some sort of city. Honestly she had no clue what was really going on here. Grinding here and there was fun for leveling purposes but there had to be faster ways.

"No doubt boss fights...probably the ones that let you pass each level," she muttered to herself.

Kristine didn't pay much attention to where she was going down the road. Lost in thought, she tripped over a rock and fell in-between to other people walking on the road as well.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
After Gabrielle left the area, it didn't take her long to find someone who appeared to have some items she fancied. The boy looked a little young for this game, as well. He was weak and wouldn't last long anyway. She wondered if the Nerve Gear allowed people to feel significant pain, including the pain of death.

His little spear was no match for her. She'd actually leveled up some on low-level monsters. She'd been doing that since before the announcement from the game-creator. This kid looked like he was still Level 1.

From somewhere not too far from Kristine, a scream sounded and diamond-sparkles of light caused by the shattering of an avatar in Game Over floated above the wall of an alley.

Val hung around the fountain, checking her equipment. The first few levels were cleared, and here she was, having come up behind and only picked off a few small baddies. She'd been leveling up and was strong enough now, she surmised, to join a guild. She wondered if others were going to gather here soon and decide upon their brotherhoods and goals. She kept her helm on, hiding her eyes in shadow. Her green cloak fluttered gently in the wind. People probably wouldn't be able to tell, dressed as she was, whether or not she was male or female. This idea amused her.

She decided to use a nearby tree for target practice, and began lobbing arrows into it, using a spell to call spent arrows back to her quiver so she wouldn't have to retrieve them.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
"That meal was delicious." she said to herself.

Amaya walked out from the wooden restaurant and began wander of to practice. She took out her sword from her inventory. She was also a level 6 player now but no one knew since she looked likes a typical beginner.

She then began to thought that if she could battle the boss from the first floor. She decided to go for it, so she went to the inn and began switch items that would raise up her EXP from the side quests that she did.

It hurt. To say the least, it hurt. Paul stood up slowly. After finally finishing off the final monster with a perfectly timed sword skill, he'd reached the day's quota of level 3. Now that he'd gotten this far, he wouldn't stop until level 4. As he started to walk, he felt a throbbing pain shoot up his leg, "Oh yeah, I forgot." he said, trying to walk down the path back to the Town of Beginnings. "Hopefully I can get a healing crystal and find a place to stay for the night." said he.

A while later, he found an inn of modest price, the best he could afford with his meager cash which he spent half of on a healing crystal. Settling down, he thought "Alright, it's time for dinner. let's see what I have in my inventory." After a quick look through the menu, he picked a simple dinner for himself, a simple dish consisting of some boar meat stew. Paul cooked the stew, and ate it quickly without a word. About fifteen minutes later he sorted through his inventory after taking off his sword, a samurai style katana with a moonlight black obsidian blade which he had affectionately named "Shouri." After this quick sort, to find items worth selling tomorrow morning, he went to bed with the quiet confidence that he would survive this game to the very end.

((For those interested, "Shouri" means "victory" in Japanese.))

pizzavato

B*RS
Starlight continued onward. She noticed that it was getting late, and she was still a little far from the next town. As she was walking, 2 Wolves appeared from some tall grass, and a third Wolf spawned right in front of her. Starlight reached for her sword, getting into a defensive stance. "Crap! 3 of em' versus a level one Player. Not good!" Two of the Wolves dashed in at once, geting ready to bite into Starlights legs. Starlight jumped out of the way, using a sword skill to slash one of the Wolves in half, draining all of its HP. The other Wolf tackles into Starlight from the back, knocking her to the ground. The third Wolf that watched pounced towards her, biting into Starlights arm, taking a good chunk of her HP. Starlight shakes of the wolf and counters with a slash, but it only grazes her target. "Damn it! I don't have any health crystals!"

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
One of the wolves suddenly gets an arrow to the eye. It turns around to face a shadow in the grass. An arrow to the heart hits a vital weak-point and the creature vanishes. The remaining wolves charge the shadow, but receive the same treatment - an arrow to the "brain" and one to the "heart."

"Hey, are you alright?" Val called to whomever had been the human victim of the game's creatures. "Sorry to steal your thunder like that, but you looked like you needed some help."

Her eyes could not be seen, even as she stepped into the moonlight. The winged helmet she wore made it look like she was sporting horns. Her green cape fluttered dramatically in the wind.

pizzavato

B*RS
Starlight is looks at her savior for a brief moment, gazing in awe at Vals equipment.
"T-thanks for getting me out of a tight spot. Damn...You must be one of those beta testers! I mean, with the armour you're wearing! What are you? Level 8? 9?"
Starlight notices the Weapon in Vals hand. "Hey...that's a Bow. How'd you get one of those? This game is named 'Sword' art online."
(Gotta make her sound like a noob.)

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
"No, I'm not a beta," Val laughed. "I have a sword, too, but I prefer this for hunting. You are allowed to equip extra items... dependent on your class, I think. I chose to hone the "Hunting" skill. Bows are better for that than swords... traditionally..."

She offers her hand out to Starlight in friendship. "I think I'm Level 12, last I checked. You build up a lot of experience hunting random things."

Val was reluctant to give out her name. Considering this person's behavior, she worried that any friendship she might start with them would end in grief very soon. They didn't look like one slated for survival. "It's dangerous to go alone in the fields at night. Perhaps you should just find housing back at the Town of Beginnings."

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
The day began to turn into night. Maybe she'll try leveling up right now and start battling tomorrow. She sighed heavily and brazenly as she went out from her inn and began running to a forest. As enemies began to spawn, she slashed without no regret.

pizzavato

B*RS
Starlight shakes hands with Val "Thanks, but I've already traveled far from the town of beginnings, besides, I don't plan to stay there."

Starlight opened up her player menu, scrolling to find an 'Add Friend' option. "Say, why don't we become friends? We can always keep in touch."

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
After spending most of the day grinding, Kristine managed to level herself a decent amount.

"Level 6. Not bad," she muttered

She'd headed back out to the field and hunted around for some enemies. Nothing too tough. Just boars and wolves. They went down with her only sustaining minimal damage.

But something still didn't feel right. As she walked in the light of the setting sun, she remembered the sound she'd heard. A scream. Someone screamed earlier, as if they were dying. But where she had been, monster spawns were uncommon.

As she made her way back to town, she saw a couple of people talking to each other and decided to go and ask them about her nagging feeling.

"Umm...sorry to trouble you two, but could you tell me if you've seen in PvPing going on? I heard this scream earlier, a human scream, and it wasn't near any notable monster spawns."

(queue Val and Starlight)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom