• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Saddest Zelda game

MajoraKing12

Perfect Harmony
I'm not sure if there a post already about this but here it is...What is the saddest zelda game?I have to say Majora's Mask because it's sad how alot of people are sad the moon is going to fall and how anju sits in her room crying(I think) that the moon is going to fall and there all going to die.Also if you do wait for the moon to fall it's weird how it happeneds.Post your thoughs.

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
Well i did post "Saddest Zelda Scene" but i guess this is a bit different well anyway the saddest Zelda game for me would be Majoras Mask.

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
Link's Awakening. Majora's Mask has a happy ending whereas with Link's Awakening you erase an entire island and all the people on it. Even if they were just a dream they were real enough.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
Out of the Zelda games I've played, Majora's Mask would have to be the saddest and most depressing. It has a very dark theme to it, which is one of the many things I like about it. Even the music is very dark, gloomy, and depressing.

Saddest Zelda Game in General? I would have to say Majora's Mask. I think the only time I was happy through that game was when I kicked a boss's ***. Now don't tell me that's strange.

I guess I'm gonna be the first to say Twilight Princess. It was a much more dramatic Zelda than I've ever played, that being all the others. The ending with Midna is what really sealed the deal for the saddest game.

Majora's Mask isn't really that sad of a game for me, not that I remember anyway. Its been probably a couple of years since I have beaten the entire game though.

Link's Awakening comes in a close second. In a way, you can say that it was all a dream, and no one truly existed to begin with. Therefore, Link had no real connection with the characters. Another way, you could say that Link did have a connection with the characters, as they were apart of a world in which the Wind Fish created through his dream, which Link was sucked into once he gets shipwrecked. That would make the world and people very real to Link, rather than an epic dream-like adventure.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
OoT is the saddest game imo
C'mon,you are "asleep" for seven years and when you "wake up" everything you knew and loved was destroyed

S

Scourge Warrior

Link's Awakening comes in a close second. In a way, you can say that it was all a dream, and no one truly existed to begin with. Therefore, Link had no real connection with the characters. Another way, you could say that Link did have a connection with the characters, as they were apart of a world in which the Wind Fish created through his dream, which Link was sucked into once he gets shipwrecked. That would make the world and people very real to Link, rather than an epic dream-like adventure.

Not according to link XD
But yeah, that game broke my heart too

K

Karashimu

That's pretty hard to judge. Every Zelda game has a sad moment, in my opinion. A few of them have really got to me, others I just didn't care. I don't think unless you've really made a connection with the characters, it won't leave an impression on you. Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess are two games that have some of the most memorable characters in The Legend of Zelda series, in my opinion. Therefore it would make sense that people consider these two to be some if not the most sad.

For me, there are two Zelda games which have an equal level of sad(ness). Well, they weren't really the entire games themselves(just about every game in Zelda ends on a happy note) but specific scenes within them. Here are my top two.

Majora's Mask - Anju & Kafei: This has to be the most sad quest in The Legend of Zelda series that I've played through as of yet. Majora has cursed Kafei, reverting him into a child just when his wedding is approaching. In shame, he flees to the Laundry Pool of Clock Town, afraid to show Anju what he has become. To summarize, you have to wait through the three days trading letters and items between Anju and Kafei, as the moon grows closer and closer, she is unsure if staying and waiting for Kafei is wise. In the end, she decides to wait until the very end of the Third Day, and is reunited with her to-be husband. This, to me, completely personified the urgency of the Moon crashing down - and made me decide, that I was going to lay the smack down on Majora. It's rare in a video game, that you actually feel motive due to the surrounding characters. Anyway, this quest was pretty sad, but in an inspiring way. Aside from that, Majora's Mask is literally laced with depression.

Twilight Princess - Ending Sequence: At the end of the game, Midna is forced to return to the Twilight Realm. Forever. It's quite sad to watch and see her and Link must part. My little brother actually cried during this scene, haha, poor guy. Anyway, yeah. Midna was just a really memorable character, and after you have to take her to Zelda(in which Zelda sacrifices her power/life/whatever) I sort of felt a connection to her, just like with Kafei, Anju, and other characters.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
The Anju/Kafei quest is sad,but c'mon,Majora is just an insane being,and he/she/it thought that would be fun...IMO prefer the Manga's Majora...It's more demented...Poor creature,it felt so miserable with itself that it wanted to die...

Chris

It has been awhile...
OoT is the saddest game imo
C'mon,you are "asleep" for seven years and when you "wake up" everything you knew and loved was destroyed

Thats right, for me Oot was the saddest game. Also at the end he has to leave Zelda to go back to the past. Pretty sad game...

I think that Majora's Mask might be the saddest Zelda game.
Some people in that game did not seem to care that the Moon was going to fall.
And where were the Bomber's parents?

Some people in that game did not seem to care that the Moon was going to fall.

Quite. Most of the people were either oblivious or uncaring about the moon's descent. And when you talk to Anju's grandmother on the third day [when they are all at the ranch], she says
"I just hope we'll be far enough from the impact to save us". Or something along those lines.

That's pretty depressing if you ask me.

octorok74

TETTAC
The saddest Zelda game for me would be TP. It just sad how you find out how upset and enraged Midna truly is and then of course comes the end of the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom