• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Saddest Zelda game

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Out of the Zelda games I've played, Majora's Mask would have to be the saddest and most depressing. It has a very dark theme to it, which is one of the many things I like about it. Even the music is very dark, gloomy, and depressing.

i would say TP had a much more darker theme to it than MM. TP was all about a race that was banished and they are a very dark (not exactly evil) race. that entire game was shrouded in darkness. i cant remember a single scene where there was a beautiful, sunshiny day. the monsters were much scarier looking than monsters in other games. there was that one town that was basically destroyed and that was kind of sad. and at the end, after Link and Midna become friends (sorta), they have to say goodbye and they both know they will never see each other ever again.

in my opinion the darkest/saddest game is TP.

A

Ando

i would say TP had a much more darker theme to it than MM.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. Majora's Mask is full of characters who, over the span of the three days, slowly begin to realize that... they're all going to die. Most try to escape, but there's no guarantee they'll live. So they have to spend their final days with their loved ones as well as they possibly can.

Half of the NPCs have incredibly depressing storylines. Anju's decided that her fiance is likely never coming back, and her own mother even convinced her that Kafei ran off with Anju's best friend. Even if you manage to finish that side-quest, you're still given the scene where Anju and Kafei reunite, and decide that they're not even going to bother trying to escape their imminent doom, simply that, "We shall greet the morning... together."

Cremia and Romani, even. Romani continuously warns Cremia that They are coming, and that they must be stopped. Cremia doesn't believe a word of it, and then learns her mistake when Romani is abducted and missing for a whole day, before finally being returned - with every memory of herself, of Cremia, of anything, totally destroyed. Romani just ends up confused, not talking to anyone, Cremia just about goes into a state of depression (and it doesn't help that just upstairs is Anju, crying hysterically over the fact that Kafei is likely to never return), and even if they do survive the moon's impact, the ranch's only source of income has been stolen.

I definitely developed a greater attachment with most of the Majora's Mask cast than I did with any other characters in any other game. It definitely seems to be the most depressing game, to me.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
:dry: MM only has a happy end if you finish it.

anyway, out of the ones i've played, MM is definitly saddest. If you don't finish, everyone dies! It's not one of the better game ideas nintendo made...

you cant say its the saddest because if you dont win everyone dies. thats how every game is...

That doesn't have to be true Zemen. As you said in some thread I can't remember, Link helps Ganon somewhat in some games, and Ganon even needs him to obtain the Triforce due to him having part of it. This one truly if you don't win many, many people are dead no matter what happens. The game is overall depressing because of the people that are in trouble, the darkness of many of the places and so on.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
That doesn't have to be true Zemen. As you said in some thread I can't remember, Link helps Ganon somewhat in some games, and Ganon even needs him to obtain the Triforce due to him having part of it. This one truly if you don't win many, many people are dead no matter what happens. The game is overall depressing because of the people that are in trouble, the darkness of many of the places and so on.

i dont really understand what youre saying..

in MM, if you dont win the moon crashes and you start all over and try again. thats how every game is in the series. if you die, you start over and try again. its not like if you "lose" you really lose, because you always get to try again.

and youre saying the game is overall depressing because everyone is in danger of dying, but every zelda game is like that, as well. there is a great evil trying to take over teh land and if they do everyone will die, infact im pretty sure ganondorfs main goal is to DESTROY hyrule and not control it, as stated in WW. so, no matter what game you are talking about, people are in danger of dying, but that wont happen because whether or not you "die" in the game, you get to try again til you save Hyrule.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I agree with Zemen, Majora's Mask is by far the saddest and darkest Zelda game ever...
The paranoia of the moon crashing, the 3-day limit, the fear that instill's people's hearts, and even a more dark and dramatic soundtrack create a different experience from other Zelda games

D

dragons107

majoras mask was cind of one of the more silly games like ww to me it was fun but oot was the sadest. the idea of the shekas was strange and sad that they all died and kokorico being burned down and duby the gave keeper dieing and how the zora were all killed and and every one at castle town died.

oot has many deaths

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Some zelda games are quite sad. It was sad the destiny of the hyrule people in the twilight. OoT was sad because of the tragic fate of the deku tree. Most sad is LA though. The kids seem so lost and it all fades away in the end :(

Amelie

Air Dancer
I think I will have to go with Majoras Mask. It might not have had the sadest scenes (TP had lots of those for me.. or touching scenes.. IM A GIRL OK?!) but over all saddest game has to be MM.

And the ending to.. it never says if he found Navi or not :(

Definitely either Majora's Mask or Twilight Princess.

Majora's Mask had a very ominous threat, and the townspeople ain't too happy. The worst part of it, for me, was the denial. The soundtrack even emphasized this. The music is all upbeat, but it's a thin disguise for a sad truth.

As for Twilight Princess, I thought that all the cutscenes had a cinematic feel to them, and sort of increased the emotional aspect. Particularly the final cutscene, Midna's near-death experience and the one explaining the Civil War.

Yeah, Link's Awakening's ending seems pretty sad, but I've never played the game fully, so I wouldn't know.

Link's awakening. Maybe everyone was a dream...But they must've seemed very real to link even after he ofund out it was a dream. He must have been upset of the oss of all his koholint friends....Especially marin, who I think he liked a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom