• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Sabel27's GIMP Creations

Sabel27

Advanced Ocarinaist
I have recently started using GIMP and I finally decided that I would post my work on ZD. Yeah, I know they are not perfect, but remember, I am still figuring out GIMP. So, here are some of my creations. Enjoy!

EDIT: I now take requests! Here is the request form below. Just copy and paste.

Signature, Avatar, or Userbar:
Character or Object: (What you want as the main picture)
Colors or Background: (If you want a specific color or background)
Text and Font (optional):
Additional details (optional): (Any special effects you want me to add)

My Signatures

CorgiSignature.png

One of the very first things I made in GIMP.​

SariaSageofForestSignature.png

I was just playing around with some effects. This signature is not meant to be taken seriously.​

PrincessZeldaSignature.png

I was following a tutorial and got bored quickly, so I finished it myself.​

SkywardSwordSignature.png

My first signature with c4ds. I don't think it turned out that well.​

TheWindWakerSignature.png

I followed another tutorial to make this one. I am very pleased with how the background turned out!​

FairySignature.png

I WAS following a tutorial, but again, I got bored toward the end, so I added a couple things and finished it by myself. Pretty happy with this one.​

LabradorRetrieverSignature.png

I like this one a lot! I used a tutorial for this one.​

So those are my GIMP creations! The last two are my newest ones. I am open to any constructive criticism you have to offer.

Last edited:

Blazestarre

*Insert title here*
You're off to a great start! These are simple but clean and nice to look at. I like your Skyward Sword one; the background looks good with the render. I also like your current WW sig; it's very nice! :)

I'd suggest that you add borders around the sigs. Borders really give a finished look to the image and can create a nice focus. I also encourage you to use some more tutorials, even though they're not the most enjoyable things to follow. You don't need to follow them word-for-word (I certainly didn't), but they do provide a good understanding of how the various tools work and how to get different effects.

Sabel27

Advanced Ocarinaist
You're off to a great start! These are simple but clean and nice to look at. I like your Skyward Sword one; the background looks good with the render. I also like your current WW sig; it's very nice! :)

I'd suggest that you add borders around the sigs. Borders really give a finished look to the image and can create a nice focus. I also encourage you to use some more tutorials, even though they're not the most enjoyable things to follow. You don't need to follow them word-for-word (I certainly didn't), but they do provide a good understanding of how the various tools work and how to get different effects.

I have tried to add some borders to a couple of my signatures, but they don't always look right to me. I was going to add a border to the orange Wind Waker one, but there seemed to be a gap between the signature and the border. I think I will try using some borders on my next couple of signatures. Thanks for the help!

Cabbage

Supreme Vegetable Ruler
How can you people do GIMP that well? I got it, and I can't even type on it! Ahem, but, anyway, I love them! Especially the first one.
But, also, some of them are way too color - coordinated. The one with Saria and Zelda, for example. All green, and all pink. I still like them, it's just not in my personal taste. Like I said, just not in my taste, but you seem like you are highly skilled with GIMP. Great job, overall!

Sabel27

Advanced Ocarinaist
How can you people do GIMP that well? I got it, and I can't even type on it! Ahem, but, anyway, I love them! Especially the first one.
But, also, some of them are way too color - coordinated. The one with Saria and Zelda, for example. All green, and all pink. I still like them, it's just not in my personal taste. Like I said, just not in my taste, but you seem like you are highly skilled with GIMP. Great job, overall!

Yeah, those two were some of my first attempts in GIMP. I have been trying to expand my colors a bit in my more recent signatures. Thanks for the tip!

---
I finished a couple more signatures! Enjoy!

LinkandTatlSignature.png

This is just a simple little signature I made while trying out more effects on GIMP. Most effects didn't look that good with the render so it's kind of... bland. Oh well...​

WolfLinkSignature.png

I made this one with a tutorial. It turned out a lot darker than the tutorial signature did, so I added a couple more effects and made it lighter.​

Last edited:

Sabel27

Advanced Ocarinaist
Two more signatures are done!

MidnaSignature.png

I was testing out some colors in GIMP and made this. Not that great, I know. Just a test.​

PrincessZeldaTPSignature.png

I followed another tutorial to get this signature. I think it turned out to be a pretty good signature. One of my better ones!​

Okay, I talked myself into taking requests. I will post a request form in my first post.

HylianPancake

The Pancake Pokemon
Wow! I'm loving your style. If you don't mind, I'd like to request a creation, as they are wonderful!

Signature or Avatar: Both if you don't mind. :3
Character or Object: Link & Ganondorf
Colors and Background: Whatever looks good.
Text and Font: A Childish Mind Will Turn to Noble Ambition... (Visitor Font)
Additional Details: Can you make the corners rounded?

Hope this fits the bill. I look forward to seeing the result! And by all means does this not mean rush...take your time. Thank you! :D

Sabel27

Advanced Ocarinaist
Wow! I'm loving your style. If you don't mind, I'd like to request a creation, as they are wonderful!

Signature or Avatar: Both if you don't mind. :3
Character or Object: Link & Ganondorf
Colors and Background: Whatever looks good.
Text and Font: A Childish Mind Will Turn to Noble Ambition... (Visitor Font)
Additional Details: Can you make the corners rounded?

Hope this fits the bill. I look forward to seeing the result! And by all means does this not mean rush...take your time. Thank you! :D

I will get on it right away! Thanks for requesting! Oh, one more thing, is this the font you want?

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
Signature or Avatar: Sig
Character or Object: Bloodied Lucy(From Elfen Lied) Doesn't have to be though
Colors and Background: Umm probably hot pink(or electric pink/purple) with black. Or any color that goes with it.
Text and Font: Put "I see you...." In some fancy horrish thing faded in the background. Also have my name, Elfen, Bold, fancy horrorish also, in the middle :3 or wherever it suits it.
Additional Details: Anything that will make it exotic and scary.

Sabel27

Advanced Ocarinaist
Signature or Avatar: Sig
Character or Object: Bloodied Lucy(From Elfen Lied) Doesn't have to be though
Colors and Background: Umm probably hot pink(or electric pink/purple) with black. Or any color that goes with it.
Text and Font: Put "I see you...." In some fancy horrish thing faded in the background. Also have my name, Elfen, Bold, fancy horrorish also, in the middle :3 or wherever it suits it.
Additional Details: Anything that will make it exotic and scary.

Do you mind posting a link to the picture you want?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom