• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Game That You Played

Quin

Disaster Master
Ghost of Tsushima - 10/10.

This game is not technically perfect by any means, but my god, this game for me, is a visual, musical, and fun masterpiece. This is everything I wanted in an open world samurai game. Absolutely incredible gameplay, and a wonderful story.
Pretty much this. I'm not sure how I would find it if I wasn't into the whole old school japan thing, but I am, and while it has a lot of open world game flaws, the gameplay itself and combat is still top.
9,6/10. Got the platinum but still wanna play more

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Staff member
ZD Legend
Richard and Alice
Little adventure game that was fun. I think I got the bad ending seeing as Alice shot herself to teach Richard a lesson.

Blasphemous
Great action platofrmer. Very striking imagery, very intense in parts, some bull**** bosses that can **** off. Overall, a great game. I think I got the bad ending seeing as I was judged unworthy and my corpse was added to the pile.

A Plague Tale: Innocence
Very enjoyable game. Lot of stealth, some action. Very story heavy. I actually thought it was mostly a story-focused game from the little I saw before playing, but there was plenty of gameplay, too. Good cast of characters I actually gave a **** about, and they managed to make the five-year old not annoying at all, which was very nice. It's also disturbing seeing so many angry rats, especially with how they flow like water when they move. Lot of striking imagery, some of it very gruesome. I really liked this one.

Carrion
A strange flesh-hungry monster has escaped containment and is rampaging through a secret research facility. You play as the monster. Really cool game. It's a Metroidvania, I suppose, but there's not much in the way of exploration and secrets. It's pretty straightforward, and not very long. You'll get through it quite handily in a few hours. It's good fun, though, and the ending was very satisfying in a chilling kind of way.

thePlinking

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
Four Swords Anniversary edition: Dang this game is short. Even with the extra memory levels I finished the game in just a few hours. Still, I had fun with this. I think it has the best level design of the multiplayer Zeldas, especially since you only have to play as 2 links instead of 3 or 4. Based on level design and fun factor alone, I’d say this is the best of the 3, but i just can’t put it above FSA in good faith due to how inaccessible it is. 7/10

Twilight Shadows

"Monster: A word used to discriminate the unknown"
Pokemon Shield 7/10

I'll admit I did not have high expectations for this game, but despite the really short draw distance and really blurry graphics in some parts, this is the very first Pokemon game I wanted to beat for the story. I named my box legendary Wolfie, and favorite spot to relax is the Slumbering Weald.

Destroy All Humans 2020 remake - 5/10

Still feels as cheap and tacky as it did back in the day and still isn't fun. Far too much reliance on stealth and it's buggy.

Doesn't even look that nice for a modern remake either.

Ninja

Pilaf Gang
Staff member
Pretty much this. I'm not sure how I would find it if I wasn't into the whole old school japan thing, but I am, and while it has a lot of open world game flaws, the gameplay itself and combat is still top.
9,6/10. Got the platinum but still wanna play more
Even before upgrades, the combat is very fluid and rewarding if you can time things right. Usually I get pretty bored after completing main stories of games. I haven’t touched FF7R or TLOU2 after beating them, but I find myself keep coming back to this game. Something about it is just perfect. The world is large, but not overwhelmingly large where there is nothing to see or do.

Crash N sane trilogy: Crash 1 - 7/10

Timing on the jumps is very precise, died a few times on the first level but it has plenty of lives to account for first time players. Keeps with this for the entirety of the game but gives you enough checkpoints so that even though the levels are short you don't have to replay the same parts over & over.

Smooth & polished, the boss fights are simple & fun, the music's not outstanding but appropriate to the level/game.

Stormy ascent is tricky stuff but not the worst ultimate level in video games by far.

Overall a fun little game to kill time with if you want something to casual to play.

twilitfalchion

Remember! There is but one truth: Love is eternal.
ZD Champion
Ys Origin demo - 9/10

Now that was a rush.

Wow, Ys is good. It's really good. It feels so enjoyable to play, from the combat, to the intense feeling of the gameplay, to the challenge, and the music! The dungeon was exactly what I would want out of it, mostly combat with barely any puzzling. Combat is snappy and fun. You can even jump! Such a little thing, but it makes combat so much more fluid and engaging.

That boss took me over a dozen tries, but I was ready for more every time. It was actually difficult. Very difficult. I played on normal and I struggled pretty hard with the patterns. Of couse, once I realized I could dash, that helped. If the demo is any indicator, Ys is definitely a series I can see myself enjoying. Thanks to my friend Shrimpy for the recommendation.

thePlinking

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
Henry Stickmin collection.

just as hilarious as always, and the new game included is easily the best in the series. Still, there’s no reason to pay full price for this, as it stands you’re paying $15 for 5 games you could play for free on Newgrounds and a 6th game that, while awesome, isn’t worth the price. Definitely play this, but wait until it’s on sale on steam.

Final Fantasy VII Remake (first impressions) - 6/10

Ive played four hours of this game now and I don't know... I have no nostalgia at all for the original, so I'm not bringing any excess baggage into this, but even after four hours I can feel the unnecessary padding.

The sidequests are trash, there's a lot of Dad of the Last of Us style walking and talking and constant interruptions.

It feels okay to move around but I'm not really feeling the combat, it doesn't have much bite and I've yet to feel engaged in a battle despite the Michael Bay as hell opening.

I also really don't like any of the characters so far. Cloud has always annoyed me but Barret is cringe of the highest order, and Tifa is much more basic than I expected.

I also already feel as if I've seen Sephiroth far too much and I fear they're just going to make Aerith cliche as hell.

I'm hoping this all gets better.

Visuals are nice though (apart from when it looks like they forgot to map textures to certain surfaces, like doors).

twilitfalchion

Remember! There is but one truth: Love is eternal.
ZD Champion
Trails in the Sky SC - 9/10 (so far anyway)

Already at the end of Ch. 1 and am enjoying it just as much, if not more than I did the first game. Everything, from the story, characters, gameplay, music, etc., is all just so beautifully done and pleasant to experience. Being a continuation of FC's plot, it's also very satisfying to see the world and story develop even further. Looking forward to continuing tomorrow.

mαrkαsscoρ

Sal Manella
ZD Legend
Gravity Rush 2
There's a fair amount of problems w/ the game like some annoying sidequests and a few story missions dragging out for longer than they really should. And some gameplay jank from the first game that I thought would've been ironed out here. It almost feels like this game is the poster child for the phrase "bigger doesn't always mean better", since even the areas felt big for how much you actually do in them.

Despite all of that though, I still loved this game. I loved the characters and the world, especially Kat, music was so good, and the story was a great lead off from the first game. I guess the thing about that too is that you sorta need to have played the first game since this one doesn't reintroduce any of the characters, it just kinda assumes we know them already. Still though, it became one of those games that I was so sad to see it was coming to an end, which probably sounds weird since I just said it dragged on a bit. The past month, I was getting into a comfortable routine of playing Gravity Rush 2 everyday.

I don't know, this game had a lot of character and emotion to it that I can overlook the shortcomings it has. Gravity Rush 1 & 2 get a high recommendation from me.

Gravity Rush 2
There's a fair amount of problems w/ the game like some annoying sidequests and a few story missions dragging out for longer than they really should. And some gameplay jank from the first game that I thought would've been ironed out here. It almost feels like this game is the poster child for the phrase "bigger doesn't always mean better", since even the areas felt big for how much you actually do in them.

Despite all of that though, I still loved this game. I loved the characters and the world, especially Kat, music was so good, and the story was a great lead off from the first game. I guess the thing about that too is that you sorta need to have played the first game since this one doesn't reintroduce any of the characters, it just kinda assumes we know them already. Still though, it became one of those games that I was so sad to see it was coming to an end, which probably sounds weird since I just said it dragged on a bit. The past month, I was getting into a comfortable routine of playing Gravity Rush 2 everyday.

I don't know, this game had a lot of character and emotion to it that I can overlook the shortcomings it has. Gravity Rush 1 & 2 get a high recommendation from me.
I was ready to go all in in Gravity Rush as a series, I loved the first game and got the second at launch. I loved the online hide and seek treasure chests and photography, that was excellent.

Unfortunately for GR2 the good was better but the bad was way worse and the last third felt as if the devs either given up and lost all passion for the project or rushed it out to work on something else.

It doesn't look like there'll be a third game but I guess that isn't a bad thing if the devs don't care anymore.

Shame though because I think the series could have gone super far.

mαrkαsscoρ

Sal Manella
ZD Legend
I was ready to go all in in Gravity Rush as a series, I loved the first game and got the second at launch. I loved the online hide and seek treasure chests and photography, that was excellent.

Unfortunately for GR2 the good was better but the bad was way worse and the last third felt as if the devs either given up and lost all passion for the project or rushed it out to work on something else.

It doesn't look like there'll be a third game but I guess that isn't a bad thing if the devs don't care anymore.

Shame though because I think the series could have gone super far.
I wonder what the intention was in that last third, b/c it was a big story dump that almost felt like it came out of nowhere, like they were pressed for time or something. Especially since you fight a mutated Kali at the top of the tower downtown, and then the credits roll? Even though there's blatantly still more game to play? It's hard to get how they wanted to frame the story, like w/ Syd. He disappears midway, literally pops out of nowhere in the last stretch, then it shows his backstory and it turned out he died? Except he clearly didn't b/c he's been w/ us in both of these games and in the epilogue?
It was really confusing how it was handled that I can't help but feel that they really were pressed for time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)

Top Bottom