• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

R U an Expert?

I'm good at giving advice to my closest friends, surprisingly. I always have something to say even when I think I won't.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I'm an expert at lying...
and beating GOSH DARNED GIGINOX on MH~Tri.
there we go.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Expertise. I'd like think that I have the lowest level possible of expertise in a few fields. Juggling for instance, I can do a 3 ball juggle for 5 minutes on pretty much any attempt. I can do cascade juggling for, erm, haven't counted, but most people can't do it (or know what it is XD). And I can juggle rings, clubs, etc along with various tricks behind the back etc. I'm not the best though, I can't do 5 ball juggling so that's why i'm at a low level of expertise.

Diabolo is another kind of juggling with two sticks connected by a string on which I spin/throw/swing the diabolo around, and I can pretty much do all types of diabolo: single, double (with two), vertex (vertically instead of horizontally), but I can't get all the tricks right, and some I can't do at all. I also can't do triple (nor do I have 3 diabolos XD).

The issue is that after I gain this mediocre level of expertise, I sort of get bored and drop it :/
I can solve a rubik's cube in 1:30 every time, but I haven't tried to beat my record of 45ish seconds in several years.

Also percussion. I'm good with that, not stupid drumline I can play more notes that you can in a second type drumming, but good classic 4 mallet or xylophone or timpani solos...
ya.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Me, I am an expert on the subject of baseball! Mainly Yankee baseball, but all teams fascinate me.

I love baseball, and I know almost the entire rulebook. There are many little intracacies in the game you wouldn't even imagine. I could go into detail, but... It would cover an entire thread. :P

Zelda-related, I am an expert on Twilight Princess. I remember every step to go through in the game, and could easily rehash where every single heart piece is located. Easily!

I am also told that I am pretty good at math....

Sadly im not an expert in anything, everything i think i have learned comes back to kick me in the butt. For example i thought i knew a lot about computers, but the day that computer guy came out to fix our computer (which was under warranty so i couldn't fix it) he was talking about stuff i never even heard of ,there is always something to learn. i guess its in my nature to fail at just about everything.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I'm an expert in TP for sure. I played the game like 200 times and can find everything blindly, even the secret holes.

I don't really say I am an expert but I'm very good with Photoshop and in Hockey. I know a huge lot about Hockey

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'm a fool when it comes to writing fundamentals, especially grammar. No, I can't name all the sub-names for phrases or any such literary category (i.e. nouns, verbs, possessives, etc.), but when it comes to different techniques I can consider myself an expert. Trust me, of late I've had loads of experience in experimenting and establishing unique methods of getting a point across. ;)

Lord of the Rings fool right here. I can name pretty much every event in the movies--Special Edition included--without veering too much on the chronological order of events, and I have tons of quotes wedged into my memory. The books are a different story, as I've only read them all the way through once.

And I'm very knowledgeable in the sequence of the 3D Zelda titles, where an essential item can be found, a few Heart Piece locations, and can name pretty much everybody, including seemlessly nameless NPCs.

Last edited:

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
I am an expert with laptops and Maths/English/Science. I am pro at pranks, I actually made someone believe that I was kidnapped. I am also pro at alter egos. I can be all nice and a bit odd with teachers, but unleash my full fury around others. Im awesome, you see. 8D

I'm no expert in anything, I freely admit I don't know jack :)
Closest I could come I suppose is in Sport business and Tourism in which I have an Associate Degree in. Also in May I will be getting my BA in Sport Management with a concentration in Revenue Management. So that I suppose.

Last edited:
Im olny 16 so im not an OFFICAL expert on anything, but im really good at paintball and ive had some teams look at me to join them when im 18. Other than that i know a few zelda games like the back of my hand and i can rap to eminem and fort minor pretty good ;)

Well according to common educational psychology an expert requires on average 10,000 hours of practice in said field.

On that definition no.

I would say i am very very skilled in many areas, Engineering, Physics, Maths, Research. But as an expert no not yet.

MW7

Well according to common educational psychology an expert requires on average 10,000 hours of practice in said field.

Hey I just learned that a couple of weeks ago in my psychology class. By that definition I'm only an expert at going to school and sleeping haha. I'm practically an expert at Ocarina of Time though because I know virtually everything about the game. I still have a lot to learn about glitches still, but I can confidently say that I have pretty much mastered the rest of the game. My specialty would be glitch-free sequence breaks in OOT because I can't imagine anyone knowing more than I do about that; people could definitely know as much as I do but I don't think there is anything I don't know about. So I wouldn't really be a general OOT expert but I think I would be on that subtopic of OOT.

Also I'm exceptionally good at guitar hero and rock band drums. I also have delved deeper into Hitman:Blood Money more so than probably 99.9% of people who have played that game. I have found people who are true experts at that game doing speedruns so I would go as far to call myself one. I also am a living walkthrough of Majora's Mask and Super Mario 64, but I wouldn't classify myself as an expert because I know for a fact that some people know the game far better than I do.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom