• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Quantity of Dungeons.

How many dungeons do you want, and how many do you think will appear?

I think there won't be that many dungeons because i've heard stuff about the game being a little short, but at the same time there will be more.

So I think there will be 5 BIG dungeons!

But I want like 10-12 ( can't get enough dungeons:xd: )

So, what are your thoughts? :)

I haven't heard anything about the game being short, but five or six sounds reasonable. As long as they were fun and challenging dungeons, I don't think I'd mind a smaller amount so much, especially if they were larger in size as well.

As far as how many I'd prefer, seven or eight, probably, maybe more. So long as they weren't overly tedious, and variety a fair amount, I'd like a larger number of dungeons.

they said that there were going to be less items, but they would be used more. putting that (if its true) and the fact that there were only 8 items in the demo together, then i think that there will be at least 10 dungeons.

but then u could go the other way, when they said there would be less but it would be denser, like MM. on that side you could say that there would be less dungeons, but they shouldnt go lower than six. (i personally think there will be 8 to ten, as usual)

I would personaly like nine dungeons. I have this vision. It is not something like 3 dungeons then the hardness start, it is four four one, not three six. But you can do them in any order. This might be because I have been playing too much Golden Sun, but I think the four elements from MC/FS/FSA will be in this game, even though the mastersword is involved. There will be one of each element in Hyrule inside the dungeons, when you get one, you get an extra power for your sword (powers for your sword is confirmed), but they do not work in Skyloft so you have to get three other elements in skyloft. Once both are finished you can go in the Coriolas Tower (something in a different thread) and finish that part of the tower. If you have all four for hyrule, you can do the first part of the tower, if you get the four in skyloft, you can do the second half. And you need both to 'destroy' the tower.

Mmmm, I don't know, I hope there are many, because I love seeing original new ideas for bosses.
But I remember they said that the transition from being in a "normal" place to being in a dungeon will be smooth. Unlike all other Zelda games, you won't exactly realize when you're in a dungeon, so I wonder how much that will affect the game, it may change the whole concept of dungeons as we know it.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I would prefer ten. I want the format to be four, four, two. That's just my personal taste, of course, I hope they don't repeat the three, then a bunch idea (ALttP, OoT, WW, TP). Nor the eight to one idea (LoZ, LA, OoS, OoA).

Kybyrian

I think that we'll probably see something around 5 or 6 dungeons. I'd prefer about 8 to 10 of them, though. I really like dungeons, they were always really fun. I would love to see some in-depth sidequests as well, though. If they had a lot of both then I'd really be happy. I think that with the amount of dungeons the amount of sidequests tends to go down, though. The same could be said the other way around.

I want less dungeons and more to do in the overworld. Hopfully nintendo will follow through on their statement that it is going to be a denser game with much more to do than previous titles.

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
Normally I'd say quality over quantity, but I'd like a lot of not-huge dungeons instead of not many but big dungeons. It was ok in Majora's Mask, but I'd rather spend more time on the overworld and getting a change of atmosphere.

bds1110

Imp
Hmm.. I'm guessing at the least there will be seven. But here's my theory:
You do the first dungeon, then find out that you need to turn the Skyward Sword into the Master Sword.
Then there will be three other dungeons, each symbolizing Din, Nayru, and Farore. Only they have the power to bring the Skyward Sword into its prime form.
Then a few other dungeons ensue, I'm guess maybe four or five. Just a theory, but I'm thinking 7-9 dungeons.

Majora16

KOOLOO-LIMPAH!
My guess is that there will be 5-6 dungeons, and that sounds ideal to me. I think TWW had the perfect amount of dungeons, but OoT and TP had too many and MM had too few. What I would really like to see are a few dungeons that are very well thought out instead of 10-12 dungeons that are rushed just to add time to the game.

However, if they can pull off 8-9 dungeons that were still well done, I would gladly welcome that too. Given the amount of time that SS has been in development for, I think they could pull that off. Really, the amount of dungeons isn't a huge deal to me, but just as long as they are well-designed and creative, I'll be happy. Who knows, maybe we won't even see any dungeons at all. The development team said that they want to mix up the dungeon-field-dungeon method, so maybe that means that dungeons won't even exist. It's unlikely, but it's still possible.

However, I do NOT want to see a ton of well thought out dungeons but below-average sidequests. I don't want to see another TP, OoT or DS title, where the only sidequests are collectibles and trading quests. Those don't really add a lot of depth to the game and seem repetitive. I don't mind if they are included but SS also has to have many deep, and possibly emotional sidequests. If all of the development time was used for creating dungoens and a main story but no work has been done to add deep sidequests, I will be very disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom