• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Project Cafe Launch Title Predictions

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
Allow me to clarify: While I definitely want to hear what you WANT to see at launch, first and foremost, I want to hear what you EXPECT to see. Still, tell me what you want to see, but tell me your predictions first. Preliminary thanks.

Honestly, my excitement has given me a lot of thought; what WILL Nintendo have as their launch titles? So, I've looked back. What's due for a new release? What makes the most sense? I've given it all a lot of thought. I definitely don't expect to see it all, but I would not be surprised at all to see some of the following titles on E3 day.

Super Smash Bros. Fracas/Rumble/Fisticuffs/etc... : Well, it's been a while. The last Smash Bros. will have come out 4 years in the past by the time that Cafe comes out. Just about all of the important characters that have progressed in the past will have progressed. Also, there's plenty of great characters that would be great new fighters if the big N took the time to tap into them: Megaman, Quote of Cave Story, and Ameterasu of Okami (her form in Okamiden could be a great small character), to name just a few. I could definitely see this one happening.

Resident Evil: I think there's been a RE game on every Nintendo system since the series' conception. Also, they're releasing the Mercenaries 3D on the 3DS; I could forsee that being like Metroid Prime Hunters and Metroid Prime 3.

Pikmin 3: Unreleased on the wii, yet promised to us, this game could debut on Project Cafe. It could showcase the system's graphics if done right, and I'm sure it's been in development for long enough. It's way overdue. Maybe now will be the time of opportunity for the Pikmin franchise.

Starfox: Similar to how I could see RE working out, the Starfox 64 3DS game is not really a fully new game. The framework for game design and graphics were already there; a developer could do it as a side project whilst developing something larger fairly easily. Also, a new Starfox console game could be used well to showcase the graphical power of the Cafe.

Call of Duty: Well, they're trying to regain the so-called hardcore crowd. They want to showcase graphical power. They're trying to reach out to third party game developers. Honestly, this one makes a lot of sense to me.

So, what're your guys'/gals' thoughts? Anything I missed that I could have missed that has great potential? What would you love to see at launch? Tell me! I'd be thrilled to know!

jugglaj91

I am me....
I am betting a similar line like the 3DS launch. Nintendo is trying like hell to get 3rd party support for their systems back. SO i expect a lot of 3rd party games like the speculated GTA 5 as well as probably a CoD game (which may be MW3 from recent rumors). I am sure Nintendo will have something of their own such as a Mario Kart or some dumb Mario Party game.

Goron Link

Keep on Roll'n
TP was the first and only launch title for a Nintendo console. I highly doubt that there will be a Zelda launch title again anytime soon.

The Wii is a nintendo consle. The gamecube is. the nintendo 64 is. The Ds is. The gameboy is. acculy all the Zelda titles are on Nintendo consles. EXCULDING CD-I GAMES!

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
Seconding the Pikmin prediction.

Possibly another Kirby game? I seem to recall people talking about getting what they classed as an 'actual' game, as opposed the Epic Yarn.

Smash Bros will not happen. Brawl wasn't even supposed to happen. Smash Bros you can expect is done.

I'd imagine a Mario title will make it there.

The control scheme would make for an awesome RPG game system, though idk who would take Nintendo up on that offer. Nintendo rarely makes RPG-friendly systems, so they don't really attract the RPG crowd.

An F-Zero game with that sort of graphical power would be unreal. It could even sport up to 100 racers at a time. It would take a ton of work to get it there, but it would be incredible. inb4 F-Zero died with Climax.

00steven

Yeah, that's right!
There is a rumor that Retro studios is working on a Star Fox game for "Project Cafe" which would take advantage of the systems amazing graphics. I also think it would be to early for a Mario game at launch. SMG2 was released in 2010 and usually there is 5+ years gap between Mario Console games.

Other titles could possibly include a Mario Kart title, a Donkey Kong title, or maybe Metroid.

It would be way too soon for an entry in the Zelda column, seeing how Skyward Sword will be released holiday 2011 and the new system will be released holiday 2012. I think it will be late 2013 to early 2014 before another Console Zelda would be unveiled.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
The Wii is a nintendo consle. The gamecube is. the nintendo 64 is. The Ds is. The gameboy is. acculy all the Zelda titles are on Nintendo consles. EXCULDING CD-I GAMES!

(S)he meant LAUNCH titles. Meaning Zelda games released at the same time as the console. Which, TP was the first one to ever do that.

Pretty much all of the titles mentioned seem possible to me. Well, except for Zelda: there's no way that Nintendo would put out another one just after SS releases: they like to take their time with the main franchises. And I'm pretty darn sure SS won't be moved to Project Cafe: it wouldn't make sense to make the main focus of a game the motion controls, and then move the game to a system that has a standard controller without motion.

I'd be really stoked if Retro was working on a Starfox title: Retro is awesome, and I've been wanting a good new Starfox for some time now. Even if they are, though, I doubt they'd have it ready for launch by the time Project Cafe comes out. You'd think they'd want some more time to work on it, seeing as they just finished Donkey Kong Country Returns recently.

All in all, I just hope there's some first-party title available at launch. Mariokart, Metroid, Donkey Kong, Starfox, Pikmin, Smash Bros, anything at all would be good with me. It would make it a lot better than the 3DS's atrocious launch lineup.

Smash Bros will not happen. Brawl wasn't even supposed to happen. Smash Bros you can expect is done.

What makes you say that? Perhaps Brawl wasn't supposed to happen, but it did, and Smash Bros now has an even bigger following than before. I'd be really surprised if Nintendo just trashed a series that's made them tons of money, not to say anything about the disappointment of all of the fans. If you ask me, I wouldn't be surprised to see a new one for Project Cafe at, or soon after, its release.

Fahxy

Grand Campaigner
I'm going to agree with Blackice on this one. Smash bros. has far too large of a following, and Nintendo would be stupid to discontinue it. Also, 00steven was right; I'm betting on there not being another console mario for a good long time yet, as there's something for 3DS coming out. Honestly, I think that Nintendo will really expand into the FPS and RPG genres. That is, if they really do manange to do some 3rd party support and are going after the hardcore crowd again. If you can call them hardcore. (honestly, so many people call themselves hardcore and yet they never try new games because they're afraid that they won't be very good at them.)

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I'd actually like Nintendo to make another Starfox game of sorts or a sequel to Perfect Dark for the N64.

To add to this would be another F-Zero game would awesome and 1 like F-Zero GX where you can make your own machine with custom parts and actually be able to name your machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom