• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Vs. Zelda

Which is better, Zelda or Pokemon

• Pokemon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda

• other (please specify)

• Total voters

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
If you look at the poll Zelda pawns. Nothing spectacular since this is a Zelda site. I´ve only tried the Gold version (which is supposed to be one of the golden pokemons) and although I did not dislike it, it was not as appealing as Zelda is for me.

But maybe someone can recommend me a Pokemon game that is better then Gold? You might "help" change someones opinions!

If you look at the poll Zelda pawns. Nothing spectacular since this is a Zelda site. I´ve only tried the Gold version (which is supposed to be one of the golden pokemons) and although I did not dislike it, it was not as appealing as Zelda is for me.

But maybe someone can recommend me a Pokemon game that is better then Gold? You might "help" change someones opinions!

Like I said, I love Crystal. But it basicly has the same story and Pokemon as Gold, so I don't think you'd like it. Platinum is coming out pretty soon for the DS. You might want to try it out.

L

Liam

ZELDA PWNS ALL!!!!!!!!! crappy little Pikachu can't stand up to brave, Ganon-killing, Zelda-rescuing link!!!!

imagine this pathetic yellow thing:

pikachu.jpg

against this awesome Hylian guy:

6a00d8341c76bd53ef00e553475fb48834-500pi

all you have to do is play super smash bros. brawl to find out who wins.

**COUGH COUGH**COUGH**( LINK ) COUGH** COUGH***

Linkmaster

Die Hard Zelda Fan
ZELDA PWNS ALL!!!!!!!!! crappy little Pikachu can't stand up to brave, Ganon-killing, Zelda-rescuing link!!!!

imagine this pathetic yellow thing:

pikachu.jpg

against this awesome Hylian guy:

6a00d8341c76bd53ef00e553475fb48834-500pi

all you have to do is play super smash bros. brawl to find out who wins.

**COUGH COUGH**COUGH**( LINK ) COUGH** COUGH***

...Even though I agree with you, you do realize it depends on the players skill, not the character. I've played as freakin' Olimar and Ice Climbers and kicked *** with ease. SSBB=not a good example. But on this subject, I think LoZ. I like Pokemon, but LoZ still wins. :D

Guys Guys Guys. Such big language, and such big words. But none of you realize, one Thunder attack on Link and he's dead. DEAD.

But aside from Pikachu and Mewtwo being awesome, LoZ still wins.

Linkmaster

Die Hard Zelda Fan
Guys Guys Guys. Such big language, and such big words. But none of you realize, one Thunder attack on Link and he's dead. DEAD.

...I just said it depends on the skill of the player. I play as Toon Link all the time, and I kick ***. And Pikachu's, they are my speciality. :D But that aside, ...I don't know.

hsb39

Why so logical?

If you want to try a free version of what is considered to be "true Pokemon" I'd download ShoddyBattle and have a shot at competitive battling, read a lot on smogon.com first, because otherwise you won't stand a chance.

Well SSBB is a bad example, and in Pokemon Thunderbolt is better in everywhere but Ubers play. And of course: Pikachu sucks. No Zelda character could beat the best of Pokemon (give an example, I dare you, Pokemon control space and time, which kind of wins in every situation).

As for the games, I've said this quite a bit, WAY too different to be accurately compared.

C

CoolSpot

pokemon has the most epic games ever, pokemon has out sold zelda by alot it is 2nd in the biggest franchise.

hsb39

Why so logical?
pokemon has the most epic games ever, pokemon has out sold zelda by alot it is 2nd in the biggest franchise.

I have been defending Pokemon... But selling isn't the best argument. Twilight (movie, not awesome game) was popular for example.

Pikachu vs. Link?

You know what this reminds me of? Back when I was a mod at a Star Trek Fansite, the members use to get into arguments about Star Trek vs. Star Wars. They would argue on and on about technology, resources, and so on. I hardly participated because you can't compare them at all. A Pikachu vs. Link argument is the same way. I understand arguing why LoZ might be better than Pokemon, but a Link vs Pikachu argument doesn't make too much sense.

hsb39

Why so logical?
Pikachu vs. Link?

You know what this reminds me of? Back when I was a mod at a Star Trek Fansite, the members use to get into arguments about Star Trek vs. Star Wars. They would argue on and on about technology, resources, and so on. I hardly participated because you can't compare them at all. A Pikachu vs. Link argument is the same way. I understand arguing why LoZ might be better than Pokemon, but a Link vs Pikachu argument doesn't make too much sense.

I don't understand four things on this thread:

1. How can you compare them? They are so different.
2. How can you compare them when you know nothing about Pokemon.
3. Why are people choosing Pikachu for the fight? It's a terrible competitive Pokemon.
4. If we do fight Pokemon and Link, in what way would Link stand a chance?

You do realize that you're asking this question on Zelda-geared forum, with members whose opinions are biased towards Zelda.

Yes, he is, but this is under the section "General Gaming" where we can talk about other games too.

But I digress. I think Pokemon was awesome at the G/S/C era, okay at the R/S/E (not as much for emerald though) era, and just got stupid at D/P/Pl. Zelda has lasted longer. It made the big drop from awesome (LoZ-MC) straight to stupid at TP.

Pokemon
Awesome games: 7
Decent: 5
Stupid: 3

Zelda
Awesome: 13
Decent: 0
Stupid: 2

I think Zelda is the superior for me

Y

Yoshi_FTW

Considering this is a Zelda forum...I sorta predicted that Zelda would win 52-9 against Pokemon. T.T I love pokemon.

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
This depends on the pokemon games. Is it R/S/E, G/S/C, or R/B/Y? If it's G/S/C then Pokemon is better. IMO no zelda game comes close to how innovative those three games were when they were released. You had both Kanto and Johto to explore giving the game essentially two main quests. It was also more linear because once you got to the Kanto region, you could take on the gyms there in almost any order.

There was also this real-time clock feature where it would turn from day to night in the game. I think it's the third game to change from day to night. The first two being Zelda: Majoras Mask, and Ocarina of Time. The Elite four at the end adds a nice challenge. You have to take on five trainers and can't heal after each one. It takes me a while to do this and it's very rewarding when I actually defeat the E.F. Fighting Ganon in a zelda game such as OoT isn't very challenging in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom