• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Vs. Zelda

Which is better, Zelda or Pokemon

• Pokemon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Zelda

• other (please specify)

• Total voters

hsb39

Why so logical?
Its too hard for me to decide. Pokemon is more challenging if you are a person who battles other people after you have gotten your pokemon to like lvl 100, and if you study all there is to battling these days. Which you basically have to do if you are going to battle good players. Pokemon has gotten so in depth that most people would never realize it unless they looked up things on the net, like base stats, EV points, etc. Pokemon takes more thinking as well. Its more strategy based, while Zelda is just fun.

Zelda is challenging, but once you get passed a part, you basically can do it every time you play through it again. So since I like both games for different reasons, I would have to say Zelda, just for the fact that the games are more epic and have a better story. If it were a question of challenge, I would give it to Pokemon though.

Finally someone who knows what I am talking about. But you don't need them at lvl.100, WiFi rounds it up for you. My Uber teams are Lvl. 100 because Uber comps are usually at that level where many non-Uber comps are at 50.

Finally someone who knows what I am talking about. But you don't need them at lvl.100, WiFi rounds it up for you. My Uber teams are Lvl. 100 because Uber comps are usually at that level where many non-Uber comps are at 50.

This is true. I played on Battle Revolution mostly online because the only friends I had who was playing at the time I seen a lot anyway, so we would just play whenever we got together.

hsb39

Why so logical?
This is true. I played on Battle Revolution mostly online because the only friends I had who was playing at the time I seen a lot anyway, so we would just play whenever we got together.

I've done a bit of DP and PBR WiFi and I enter comps when they come around.

Zelda wins. Yet Pokemon was at its best on G/S/C. Preferably G/S. Then preferably also Silver (my version!).

I completely agree. G/S/C were the best Pokemon games ever, and probably will ever be unless they remake them. Personally, I liked Gold version better than the rest, but Crystal was also pretty kool. The fact that they took the whole "use the GS ball to get Celebi" thing out of Crystal was kinda stupid though.

hsb39

Why so logical?
Zelda wins. Yet Pokemon was at its best on G/S/C. Preferably G/S. Then preferably also Silver (my version!).

I actually think that Pokemon is at its best now, the battling is much more fast-paced than any of the other generations (especially 2nd, or GSC, that was the tanky generation).

Hachi

Happy Valentines Day!
Very odd question considering they are two very different games.There isn't much to compare them on except for opinion.

I love Zelda, heck my favorite game is OOT. It would be a lie for me to say I didn't love Pokemon more. Although I love the quality that Zelda brings to the table, you get a huge bang for your buck when it comes to the Pokemon games.

I would be embarrassed to know how many hours I've clocked playing Pokemon games. :lol:

I play Pokemon much differently than lots of you folks thou. I'm definally more of a in-game player. For me it's more enjoyable as I get to raise Pokemon I personally like, instead of battling machines. (now if we talk about the TCG back in the day, that would be a totally different story)

I actually think that Pokemon is at its best now, the battling is much more fast-paced than any of the other generations (especially 2nd, or GSC, that was the tanky generation).

I don't think that makes it better today, just the battling system. I do enjoy working towards leveling up my pokemon more today than I did then, but back then pokemon was so big that it was almost magical. And finally, whenever all the strange pictures floating around the internet of Marril, Togepi, Slowking, etc, came to surface in new pokemon games...that was just a magical time. Maybe its where I'm getting older, I really don't know, but the story and the feel of playing G/S/C and just, man just everything about it made it ten times better than all the crap we have now. The battling is great now and I enjoy the games, but none will compare to G/S/C, at least for me.

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
Zelda is my favourite. It has a better story and gameplay.
I have to admit I spended at least 700 hours playing all the pokemon games I have. I have yellow,blue,red,silver,gold and diamond, but silver is my favourite.

hsb39

Why so logical?
I don't think that makes it better today, just the battling system. I do enjoy working towards leveling up my pokemon more today than I did then, but back then pokemon was so big that it was almost magical. And finally, whenever all the strange pictures floating around the internet of Marril, Togepi, Slowking, etc, came to surface in new pokemon games...that was just a magical time. Maybe its where I'm getting older, I really don't know, but the story and the feel of playing G/S/C and just, man just everything about it made it ten times better than all the crap we have now. The battling is great now and I enjoy the games, but none will compare to G/S/C, at least for me.

I'm certainly more for the battle, which I think is just so much more polished these days, and Game Freak/Nintendo are finally starting to truly understand the nature of the competitive battle, although they are still getting some stuff wrong.

I know what you mean.

Crystal was my first Pokemon game, and it's still my favorite to this day.

I'm impatiently waiting for Platinum, (Which I think will be excellent) but Crystal will always be the best to me.

I know what you mean about Platinum, I need to get all my Zapdos' with Heat Wave, and Nasty Plot on Darkrai.

Zelda is my favourite. It has a better story and gameplay.
I have to admit I spended at least 700 hours playing all the pokemon games I have. I have yellow,blue,red,silver,gold and diamond, but silver is my favourite.

Hee-hee, between just Sapphire and Pearl I've done about 1100.

Pokemon...If this was posted a few years ago i would have said that. Years ago, pokemon was still quite new. But now look. Zelda has unpredictable storylines. But pokemon...It's always the same. Catch them all, complete the pokedex, train your pokemon. It needs more variety...Hey I have 4 pokemons in a row directly beneath each other and it wasnt on purpose. lol.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
That's one of the reasons i'm selling my pokémon stuff... also, i'm gonna keep Silver cause it has sentimental value, but i'll sell all the others that weren't sold in the last few weeks(firered, ruby, and colosseum)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom