• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Series

arkvoodle

Diabolical
hey will you register me as your friends

i have all of the pokemon handheld games but i dont have many console games of pokemon

does anybody know any good action replay sites because i recently deleted some of the cheats on mine

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
one thing that questions me is, will Pokemon Battle Revolution support platinum?
thats the only thing i did with pokemon, just online battle 's with people on PBR.
well, but lately i can 't connect my wifi, because somehow my provider doesn 't support it, guess i have to buy the nintendo wifi USb stick.

LucarioMaster

lucario shoen
yeah i still play pokemon, and after pokemon battle revolution was out, i was even more active. it became a worldwide RPG and thats cool.
i still play pokemon too!
i like pokemon games and i play diamond now. the collecting part is the most fun, but more than 400 pokemon is a bit too much.
true but i have peral
I've never been such an enthusiastic fan (oh who am I kidding, in my youth I craved for Pokémon day in and day out). Recently it's been all about Zelda for me, but I have these periods where I brush some dust off my Emerald cartridge (or Diamond, for that matter), and just play. I enjoy games where you can level up, it's something with the feeling of doing progress that amuses me greatly.

Oh, and btw; Charizard ftw =P
lol charzard is my pokenalaty ^__^ and chimchar (i was tryin to get charmander again and i got chimchar instead)
Oh wow. Tons of poke-fans. I have diamind also, no friend code yet. I also have battle revolution, but it was a big rip since it is exactly like coluseum which I have
i see
I enjoyed the first few games, such as Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, and Crystal. I really think that they went way overboard with all these new Pokemon. I can't keep track of any of them past the first 250 or so, and I even have trouble with them.

At one point, around the release of Pokemon Red & Blue, I was a 'huge' fan. Me and my friends used to brag about our high level Pokemon, and I always had the best party of any of us. A level 97 Venasaur, level 89 Aerodactyl, level 91 Raichu, level 75 Golduck, level 78 Charmander, and my pride and joy: level 100 Rhydon. I had 2 games at the time, Yellow and Red, so I decided I would trade over my Pikachu to red, evolve it to a Raichu, then trade it back. It worked, and my friends were like "z0mgz wtfx d00d!!" That Charmander was just to show all my friends how kickass I was. :P Ahh... I actually miss those days...
ya i have a sceptile lvl 100 its stats are all 999 even life is 999 its a 1 hit ko with any move ya its for satphire (but i like lucario best ^__^)

Last edited:
This, personally doesn't really interest me too much. I mean, look at those forms, seriously. What do we have? A Refrigerator, a washing machine, a fan, a mower, and a toaster. That's nice. Now where are the real designs? I kind of lost interest with Pokemon in Diamond and Pearl, they just weren't that great to me. This one seems just about the same, from what I can see, unless this "Torn World" can change my mind.

I don't like the mower, toaster, refigerator idea either, but I'm trying to look past that. The Torn World looks extremely interesting (new places are always welcome), and the "new plot" that these two new characters are supposed to bring look like it holds promise as well. And of course, another Pokemon game is always welcome in my book, even if it's horrible.

I regard The Pokemon series as Out dated. Sure I like Pokemon, but....well, the storyline nad quest is worn out. Battle gym leaders, catch pokemon....They can add all the pokemon to it they want, bu....well, they just keep adding evolutions to pkmn taht shouldnt have evolved. Its stupid, imo.

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
I regard The Pokemon series as Out dated. Sure I like Pokemon, but....well, the storyline nad quest is worn out. Battle gym leaders, catch pokemon....They can add all the pokemon to it they want, bu....well, they just keep adding evolutions to pkmn taht shouldnt have evolved. Its stupid, imo.

Very true, but the thing is, people find that so addictive. And even though gamers who have gone through the old and new games, and have gotten tired of them, they are replaced by the new young gamers who haven't experienced it yet.

I'm considering getting Platinum when it comes out. Everyone is making a huge fuss about it, my brother still pesters me for a Pokemon game, and I figure I might as well start with that one. Maybe they actually did something besides add another 100 lame Pokemon that I will never remember with the game.

General Lee

Classic Gamer
I'm quite the pokemon fan. Im sure I have well over 400 pokemon cards and a bunch of other thigns (like a bunch of figures stuff from pre orders games etc). I also own one of my favoite gaming "collectables" if you could say, a sealed version of pokemon red. Also between me and my sister we own every pokemon game except yellow I believe, and nearley a full pokedex.

As to what Bluelink was saying (quote in post above mine) I agree that pokemon is practically the same thing, but they like make I guess "different" versions for every generation. Like my cousin (he is about 7 or 8) is all into the DS pokemons, and could name veryone and their type off by heart, where I only know the original 150 really and some from the Ruby/Sapphire versions.

Amelie

Air Dancer
Im not really a big fan of it. I just dont understand it I guess. I do remember playing one of the games on N64 a long time ago. I dont remember what it was called but you had to go around and take fotos of things I think. Im pretty sure it was pokemon. I had a friend that he had all the cards and things. He was crazy about pokemon!

That was Pokemon snap. I don't really consider that to be a mainstream Pokemon game.

I think of the Pokemon games as the ones where you have to collect 8 gym badges (16 of it's G/S/C) and then go kick the elite four's butt.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I like pokemon, well I did sell pearl and diamond and PH to get TP a few days ago, but sure the first few games you play are fun, but after awhile you'll realize, that it'll get boring after awhile.For some reason people are always racing to get new pokemon games, and I simply don't know why, maybe they just don't understand about the storyline being the same, thus making it very boring.this is my opinion, dont listen to it if ya don't want to, got it^^.

Amelie

Air Dancer
Hmm. Pokemon snap. I think I might find the game again just to try it because it looks like the only fun pokemon game to me. I never understood why everyone races out to get pokemon games either... but people might ask the same thing about Zelda fans racing out to get Zelda games =O

A

Aerialjade

Ever since I was 4 years old I've been playing Pokemon. My older brother and I both collected the cards but his were far superior to mine. He had a bunch of rare laminated hologram ones while I had... less than that. We both had a red Pokemon book where you could put all of your cards in them, like a photo album. I was so amazed with his cards that I actually took his book once and made a soup out of them. I tossed a bunch of 'em into my stew and felt all proud of myself. When my brother caught me, I don't think he's ever been so furious.

We also played them on our Gameboy Colors. I had Pokemon Silver, and I think his was Pokemon Gold. I like the Pokemon series, though it does seem to be recycling the same concept for each game, but I still enjoy playing it.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
Ever since I was 4 years old I've been playing Pokemon. My older brother and I both collected the cards but his were far superior to mine.
We also played them on our Gameboy Colors. I had Pokemon Silver, and I think his was Pokemon Gold. I like the Pokemon series, though it does seem to be recycling the same concept for each game, but I still enjoy playing it.

Wow, this sounds unbelieveable, but that's exactly the same with my two older brothers!
But they hate Pokemon now. :/
Anyway, I've been playing since 4 too, I own too many of the video games and I've had too many level 100s, I find it quite easy, and I love training my Pokemon and catching shinies.
A good thing is, most of my friends like Pokemon, and they have some of the games I have.
I've been playing since Pokemon Blue and Red, all the way to right now, with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2.
I've spent endless hours on my GBA and DS training my pokemon all day.
Pokemon is equally my first favourite thing with The Legend of Zelda, because the first games I played were those, and I still do today.
You wouldn't want me to list my games, your eyes will explode and steam will come out of your ears in jealousy, I will always like the Pokemon series, just as much as I do with LoZ, sorry about all of that.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
The pokémon series is condemned to die, imo...

If they don't do something really inovative and different...

Here is what I think of the main games:

1233436244297.jpg

^ That's almost perfect. Crystal is by far the best yet, and I didn't like Emerald at all, but I thought Sapphire was okay. Never as good a Pearl or Yellow, but I would've put it with Emerald and left Ruby all by itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom