• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
1. Regardless of who your favorite pokemon is, name a pokemon game where you can bring your pokemon up from previous gens before beating the Elite 4. For the purpose of the main game, it's no different. ALSO, this was a thing on 3DS too, before pokemon bank was updated to allow for the new gens each time.
7gzuk2o5ygk81.png
It doesn't matter when I can get them, as long as I can. Also, you can still trade for them in early game if you get it from someone who is farther than you. I did it in Sun to go through the main story with Buizel in a new file before. Theres no reason I shouldn't get to use the Pokemon I like.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
2. yes i absolutely would take every mon in the game over high fidelity graphics, that's not even a question. how is that a real question you are asking me. also the graphics do not look remotely clean in the reveal trailer lol. legends arceus looks a lot cleaner as of now. the crunch is showing hard.
they easily have the power to do both too, they're just choosing to do one over the other just to churn it out

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Obtaining every Pokémon is literally the entire point of the franchise. There is absolutely no reason why Dexit should exist beyond lack of effort.
The motto "Gotta catch 'em all!" was actually not in the original Japanese media, it was kinda something that they made up on the spot when it came to the west.

But yea, I kinda agree that Dexit shouldn't be a thing.

Some others in the trailer like Meowth do look pretty rough though...
Also apparently this sort of texture is fairly simple to do? Same for Magnemite's that people were hyping up, takes like 3 minutes to do, oof.
Even though it's some extra effort in the quality of the models, shouldn't that have happened way back during SwSh when the dexit happened? Or in BDSP? Instead we got reused models and goofy resized stuff over the promised/expected high quality ones so... :AlyShrug:

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Even though it's some extra effort in the quality of the models, shouldn't that have happened way back during SwSh when the dexit happened? Or in BDSP? Instead we got reused models and goofy resized stuff over the promised/expected high quality ones so... :AlyShrug:
it probably should have, yeah. I'm assuming it's all about how they're choosing to allocate resources. As they spend time making new models for the exact same software they can slowly start allocating it towards other things like new animations and particles, and maybe they spent most of that time in sword and shield working on dynamax and new attack animations from 3DS for example
now that they can use the same animation data and probably don't have a new gimmick or at least one on the level of intricacy of dynamax, it seems like they're slowly working on giving new models to every pokemon. Eventually they'll all probably look as good as seviper does
The motto "Gotta catch 'em all!" was actually not in the original Japanese media, it was kinda something that they made up on the spot when it came to the west.
seek out all pokemon is what the kids are saying now

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Also, at this point it's kinda clear Dexit is a move to force people to buy Pokémon Home's premium pack and multiple core games so they're able to 'complete' the dex. I put it in quotes because they'll likely not update old games with (even if just a few of) the newer Pokémon despite being it being well within their capacities. If they really cared about the players being able to still be able to have the full experience they wouldn't put up a paywall for the storage in Home. Why not give for free the same amount as currently existing Pokémon for free rather than just 30 slots?

And if they were worried about quality, instead of rushing out another game so soon they would spread their work more timely rather than just cutting off more than half of their pool every game. I think most people would prefer an incredible pokémon core game with the whole experience every 7 years over rushed content with slightly better upgrades every three years, lol.

seek out all pokemon is what the kids are saying now
Well, because that's what's in Arceus Legend, lol. Doesn't change that it's not really the original intent of the franchise.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
And if they were worried about quality, instead of rushing out another game so soon they would spread their work more timely rather than just cutting off more than half of their pool every game. I think most people would prefer an incredible pokémon core game with the whole experience every 7 years over rushed content with slightly better upgrades every three years, lol.
That is exactly what I would prefer. They need to take their time to make the game complete and good. Pokemon is one of the highest grossing media franchises in the world, they should not be so desperate for cash grabs as to push out games at the pace they are. To reveal gen 9 barely a month after pla is insanity. They do not need to be splitting their development the way they are.

Mikey the Moblin

"most people" buy the games regardless
as long as tpci owns the franchise, they only exist as advertisements for the merch. You know this, we all know this, why are you trying to pretend it's not the state of things?
it was literally just the same model resized big with red highlights and clouds.....................
oh I didn't realize that was all dynamax did! I could have sworn they had different attacks with effects that all needed to be figured out
I'm stupid I guess

just because it's not as complex as megas doesn't mean it's not complex

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
No, I wont. I’m not gonna stop calling out a company who, despite your best efforts to defend them, have made it abundantly clear that they don’t care enough to hire just a few more people to make a product that isn’t ass. The models of Pokémon make literally no difference, especially since they outsource them.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
"most people" buy the games regardless
*flashbacks to when dexit was first confirmed and so many people were like "boycott swsh!!!" and then those same people bought the game anyway and made it the best selling switch game of its time*

The games will sell regardless of quality, but that's exactly why they can afford to take their time. They should not have a deficit of cash to hire more people and take the time to make the games good. The issue is of choice here. They're choosing not to, and as a lifelong Pokemon fan, it hurts a lot and is turning me further and further away from the series.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
oh I didn't realize that was all dynamax did! I could have sworn they had different attacks with effects that all needed to be figured out
I'm stupid I guess
damn you're right they totally must've worked super hard to make 17 generic new attacks
because z-moves giving secondary effects to all status moves, and doing pretty much the same for every other offensive ones wasn't a lot more complex than it right?

Megas are even less complex, it's a new design/model, sure, but that's just it and a slight stats tweak :nottoday:
It's as complex as gigantamax goes...

If you mean how these would impact the competitive scene in a balanced way, then yea, there was a lot of thought put into z-moves and megas. But definitely not on Dynamax, and the fact it's banned in most unofficial categories kinda proves it lol.

Mikey the Moblin

If you mean how these would impact the competitive scene in a balanced way, then yea, there was a lot of thought put into z-moves and megas. But definitely not on Dynamax, and the fact it's banned in most unofficial categories kinda proves it lol.
all that proves is that "competitive" players (not real competitive) are giant babies :cool:

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
all that proves is that "competitive" players (not real competitive) are giant babies :cool:
It proves that competitive players don’t like a mechanic that amounts to “press this button to have the other player press the exact same button and make the match no different from how it was before” and much prefer mechanics that actually had thought and effort put into them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom