• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
There wasn't. That whole thing was just a reference to an old Red and Blue commercial, or so I saw someone say. I agree it was dull and sucked up half the video's runtime.
Was it? I just thought it was a cool nice cinematic build-up.

and I mean it also had a ton of hinting at stuff in the game?? that's how people figured out for sure that the region was going to be at least Spain, as an example

also there seems to be a weird grapes and oranges motif going on that was hinted both at the live action segment and in the gameplay :suspicious:

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Was Blue called green in Japan?
Not really. It wasn't as simple as just translating the games and importing, so they're kinda their own thing?

The original japanese double release was Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green, Pokémon Blue was released there shortly after with minor improvements.

A while later they released Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue in the west after retweaking them to make sure they were pretty much the same product (so I'd assume the minor improvements in Blue were also given to Red). But some reason Green never made the cut, so it wasn't released here; probably an executive decision to improve sale performance?

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Not really. It wasn't as simple as just translating the games and importing, so they're kinda their own thing?

The original japanese double release was Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green, Pokémon Blue was released there shortly after with minor improvements.

A while later they released Pokémon Red and Pokémon Blue in the west after retweaking them to make sure they were pretty much the same product (so I'd assume the minor improvements in Blue were also given to Red). But some reason Green never made the cut, so it wasn't released here; probably an executive decision to improve sale performance?
So it doesn't sound like a Red and Blue tribute would be "pandering to Western audiences" as much as just going with the more iconic and polished versions.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
So it doesn't sound like a Red and Blue tribute would be "pandering to Western audiences" as much as just going with the more iconic and polished versions.
idk I feel like that would upset quite a few in Japan, and they're a huge part of their audience

not to mention that if they went by that logic the remakes wouldn't be FireRed and LeafGreen, right?

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
here's why I think the starters don't look like mons to me

sprigatito- the eyes make the grass motif hard to spot and it doesn't really occur elsewhere; the face layout and fur details are too generically cat for a grass type as well. To fix, emphasize the leaf collar and trim the facial hair fur down a bit, try different eyes?

fuecoco- it's on the complex side colorwise as pokemon generally have a solid base color with a couple splashes of one or two complementary colors; the white face with black eyes and nostrils give the appearance of an apple; the eye shape chosen doesn't express much emotion easily. To fix, turn the face mostly red with bits of white and yellow, try different eyes?

quaxly- the hair (is it hair? It's hard to say exactly what) feels a little bit too ostentatious; the eyes are one big sonic goggle situation. To fix, try an eggshell on the head/incorporate that theme instead of hair, try different eyes?

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
YO ITS MULTIPLAYER

Up to 4 players can adventure in the same world together that's so sick
There must be some kind of limitation to it I don't see that being feasible the whole way through

Friend shaped box legendaries was an interesting decision. I just wish the violet legend wasn't all genesect cause I like the general body shape a lot. Not really sure which one I'll go with yet

Also one of the mons looks like that Kirby enemy that DD is obsessed with

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I don’t know why I thought that this trailer was releasing much later today, I must’ve misread the times.

My thoughts? It sure looks like Pokemon again, for better or for worse.

I was hoping for some starter evolutions, but Im fine without it.

There were what, 3 new non-legendary pokemon shown? I kinda like Lechonk, but apart from that, eh.

I actively hate the new legendary designs. These are quite possibly the ugliest legendaries we’ve ever gotten, and this is in the game directly after Enamorus so thats saying something.

Different Professors based on which version you get is a nice touch, though of all the series traditions to drop, naming them after trees is one i wish they kept.

Apart from that, the only really new thing we’ve seen is the multiplayer, which is a godsend. Probably one of the most disappointing aspects of Legends Arceus was the lack of a vs mode, so actually going all out with the multiplayer (you know, the the entire reason the series was so popular in the first place?) is something I’m glad to see.

Not a bad trailer at all, I just wish there was a little more to it. Im still not sure if I’ll get SV, and this trailer didn’t really do much to sway my opinion.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom