• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokemon Scarlet and Violet

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
that's not what the issue was...
lemme find the post
fwiw I think most pokemon fans actually do like dynamax to some extent
I don't know how it measures up against mega evolution, but the enfranchised community definitely prefers megas

Mikey the Moblin

whoops sorry wrong one

Mikey the Moblin

From what I’ve played and seen, that was a massive complaint.
basically it made stall unviable and shortened games to about 10-15 turns
it did make a couple of pokemon a bit overtuned because it temporarily removed their weaknesses (namely gyarados and togekiss)
but smogon could just as easily have banned the individual outliers

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
From what I’ve played and seen, that was a massive complaint.
The complaint was it setting up stuff like weather or terrains, plus boosts from the moves. A few of the main issues were stuff like Gyarados, and Barraskewda (able to set up Rain with stab moves and also gain either ATK or Speed), and Hawlucha being able to set electric terrain by itself while also being able to boost itself with STABs. It also made revenge killing them impossible without losing half of your team or having a Ditto because Dynamax would boost their HP making them able to tank hits they usually wouldn't. It also provided some secondary unintended interactions like being able to not stay locked by Choice moves, or be unable to be affected by some secondary conditions like disable or encore.

Mikey the Moblin

I mean if it was intended that's even worse lol

hopefully they stop trying to reinvent the wheel and just stick with what we already have or at least come up with something more original lol
you thought it was a bug or something...?

I'd be fine with no more gimmicks, they're all over the top anime garbage

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
you thought it was a bug or something...?

I'd be fine with no more gimmicks, they're all over the top anime garbage
It doesn't have to be a bug to be unintended. There is such a thing as developers overlooking some of the consequences.

Also z-moves were goated the best gimmick specifically because of how flashy and over the top they are. Never cared for megas but I loved those.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I'm not a Pokémon fan so I'm no expert, but is it just me or does this game just look exactly like Legends Arcaeus except in the present? It just feels like a cheap move to me, with them releasing it so soon so they can ride off the profit of the game that just cable out.

Mikey the Moblin

I'm not a Pokémon fan so I'm no expert, but is it just me or does this game just look exactly like Legends Arcaeus except in the present? It just feels like a cheap move to me, with them releasing it so soon so they can ride off the profit of the game that just cable out.
what, you mean visually? A lot of the textures in SS/arceus/and this seem to be reused yeah
but if you mean gameplay all pokemon games tend to be identical except arceus game

Finally watched the trailer but had to skip over the dull intro of guy roaming in a room so hopefully there wasnt something important in there. It's... nice? Like they still struggle with learning 3d games it looks like but they seem to be getting more comfortable with lighting and textures. Maybe that shouldn't be the priority if they're still having trouble working in 3d though.

But yeah it's still way too soon. I can only imagine how solid a pokemon game would be if they werent forced to make it in a year. I mentioned this in the sb before but we used to get Zelda games every other year and at least the Zelda team has had the courage to slow that pace as development times on newer consoles demand it.

Still not crazy about the names though. We already had legendaries about light so, it's just... unnecessary, I guess?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Finally watched the trailer but had to skip over the dull intro of guy roaming in a room so hopefully there wasnt something important in there.
There wasn't. That whole thing was just a reference to an old Red and Blue commercial, or so I saw someone say. I agree it was dull and sucked up half the video's runtime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom