• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pokemon Delta Emerald Mafia - BMGf Crossover - Endgame - 5/10/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainami

locked away
if OC is in the game I'm going to take advantage of it. It's not like I'm ignoring the thread or anything.

I've heard about enough. I'm going to sub out because I'm really not in the mood to deal with this. I'll join the crossover mafia on bmgf probably, which will presumably lack OC, and therefore people hopefully won't complain and I'll actually be able to read the thread without getting pissed off.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
if OC is in the game I'm going to take advantage of it. It's not like I'm ignoring the thread or anything.

I've heard about enough. I'm going to sub out because I'm really not in the mood to deal with this. I'll join the crossover mafia on bmgf probably, which will presumably lack OC, and therefore people hopefully won't complain and I'll actually be able to read the thread without getting pissed off.
OC is fine, the fact that we are relying on it to dictate every single inside the thread post is the issue I'm having. Midorikawa says, "then scumhunt in thread", but it's pretty difficult when every post is being dictated by chats I'm not in.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I'm trying to keep the game going here, what do you want to do Jamie.
IDK, if people could share even a tiny bit of info when they talk about their OC reads that'd be helpful. I'm just lost.

Rainami

locked away
I don't know that much besides what I've already mentioned, and the reason I'm being so quiet about the emiya situation is because I've decided to roll with him for the time being. His role seems like it'll confirm or deny itself, in a way.

I'm still subbing out, but I felt like clarifying that much.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
But it's more effective to use it on a lynch that's straight down the middle. Getting the number of scum on a wagon is pointless if it includes the whole game. It's best to get a number from half the players, so that once the scum from the wagon are cleared off we know for sure who scum isn't.
You mean that an alternative lynch would be more beneficial? Let's say that (hypothetically) 11 players voted for two people apiece; Wagon A gets 6 votes while Wagon B gets five votes. I was one Wagon A and the lynchee flips Town so I decide to investigate that. The results turn up as one scum on Wagon A, so discounting inactives from there we would be able to deduce how many were on Wagon B, correct? Am I reading your inference correctly? But then... My one shot would be drastically lessened.

Actually I don't. There are several towny people you could've been protecting. You've softclaimed both Doctor and Sensor, yet your Doctor is apparently infinite while your Sensor is 1x? Please tell me if I'm reading this wrong.
Cold and hot. I'm not the Doctor, but could whoever is please protect me just for the Night?

Music wasn't supposed to contact you, you were supposed to contact them. I pinged everybody in the post where I described the strategy, but saying it again won't hurt.
Music is confirmed as Town thanks to Domo's flip, all players should claim to them, and anyone who doesn't is a suspect because they have something to hide from a confirmed Townie. Music isn't relaying any of this information to the other Masons or any other players, since they're still not confirmed.
This is concerning to hear. We've confirmed music as town, but you're actively choosing to communicate with someone else instead? You say both mason camps are confirming roles but neither Rainami nor Funnier have had their roles cleared. Care to share your ideas Mason camp #2?
My bad, I somehow missed that post. I was pinged but apparently overlooked the content of the plan because I was busy. Also, I believe that camp 2 contacted me before Garu subbed back in so I can't confirm whether or not they are Town. It was just a liaison between me, one of them, and the hosts.

Lone_Garurumon

Standing Out
This entire game has become a **** show more focused on winning than having fun and it's ****ing really stupid imo.

We are having a massclaim early in game when we are doing fine, all out of chat and super sekret, no one had any idea what's going on or if mf's evaluations are any good at all. he could have all the info but be making the wrong calls.

We are also having other users going player to player asking for massclaims; doesn't this just seem inherently unfun?

Then we have someone asking for us to all vote on one player to get his super sekret 1 shot role to go.

I'm being bugged at for not scumhunting. What scumhunting is there to do? There is no scumhunting being done in this thread. All anyone has posted in the last 6 ****ing pages is related to their roles. What do you want me to do? Go to a super sekret OC and find info?
Well, I guess it's all just what different people enjoy. I guess that's the point of this whole thing. If you like the way our games work, try sticking around on BMG and playing some more, if we like how your games work we'll try sticking around and playing more. I can completely understand how you might not enjoy the way this game is going, and I admit it's not for everyone.

You mean that an alternative lynch would be more beneficial? Let's say that (hypothetically) 11 players voted for two people apiece; Wagon A gets 6 votes while Wagon B gets five votes. I was one Wagon A and the lynchee flips Town so I decide to investigate that. The results turn up as one scum on Wagon A, so discounting inactives from there we would be able to deduce how many were on Wagon B, correct? Am I reading your inference correctly? But then... My one shot would be drastically lessened.
Yes and no. Taking your above example, we look at the 6 players, and make a decision about who looks the worst out of those 6, if they turn up as scum, then that means that the 5 other people on that wagon are Town and we can stop being suspicious of them. That means we can turn our attention to the other players and have the number of suspects narrowed considerably.

Cold and hot. I'm not the Doctor, but could whoever is please protect me just for the Night?
Hmm, interesting. So then I'm curious as to how you're "protecting" a Towny without a Doctor type role.

I'm feeling better about you after discussing this so I'm content to remove my vote for now.
Unvote: EMIYA Shirou

Since some people are annoyed with votes having "little justification", I'll be putting together a proper post with my reasoning for why I'm voting where I am now.

Lone_Garurumon

Standing Out
Vote: Pendio

And now for the promised "Why?".

Put simply, they've done very little towards solving the game, and what they have posted was either CWAC, WIFOM, or this ****ING POINTLESS "WHAT IF ONE OF THE MASONS IS SCUM?" QUESTION.
And it's not just being absent, I've seen them looking at this thread, they could be commenting but aren't.

Okay. :)

Vote: YIGAhim
D1 jokevote, irrelevant in the long run.

Creating an out-of-thread chat during day 1 makes very little sense to me though. I was put in such a chat. How can anyone possibly have solid reasons for trusting anyone else in this early stage of the game (unless you're a Mason)? This is why I have elected not to talk in the chat that I was put in. I have no reason to trust any of the other players in it, so I'd rather stick to the thread where everyone can see the things I say.

Also, I apologise for my inactivity during day 1. I'm usually not very interested in the day 1 discussions since there typically isn't anything to actually go on. Anyway, starting day 2 my activity ought to start picking up. ^^
Apologises for not being here D1 since there's generally "nothing to go on", then promises increased activity D2, which they never really deliver on. D1 having nothing to go on generally is reasonable, but I'm pretty sure you were around and able to comment when things got serious.

I'm not. I'm just pointing it out in general.
You are right in that I certainly could have voiced my opinion on day 1 sooner. Pretty much every player from ZD knew it already though, which is why I guess it didn't cross my mind. I'm never particularly active on the first day of any Mafia game.

Also, why did you alter my quote?
Discussing why someone would open OC without any actual prior interactions. Fair, but never actually goes anywhere with it.

I'm not disregarding the possibility of this, but I think it's highly unlikely just based on how incredibly rare pairings of Town-Mafia Masons are. In all my years of playing Mafia both online and IRL I've only ever seen it once. Sure it's possible that's the case in this game, but I wouldn't count too much on it. Especially in a game as large as this one. A game this size can most certainly afford to have two legit Mason sets.
I would love for you to elaborate further on this, because right now it looks very vague. What exactly about my meta makes you think I'm scum?

I have not caught the softclsim. You apparently did though, so why did you vote for him?

Tell me, how suspicious are you of your supposed Mason buddy?

What's to say this game doesn't utilise a few bastard mechanics? I've had little things that could be considered bastard in at least three of the games I've hosted on here, but those games were never viewed as bastard games. That being said I think the most likely thing is that all of the claimed Masons are Town, though I still don't want to rule out the possibility of one of them being scum.
If you had read along with the thread you would have seen the discussion about whether one of the Masons in a pair was sectrtly Mafia. That was why I wanted to know what funnier thought regarding his own Mason buddy.

I would still never rule out the possibility of minor bastard mechanics like that. Anyway, it doesn't really matter too much.

Questioning other players is a good thing, and should never be concidered scummy. Personally I've seen nothing suspicious from your end yet.
I'm just going to shut up about these three before I explode in Mason related rage again.
Though I will say that there's at least a little effort in there to question actions and discuss the validity of the Mason claims.

This is always my play early in games, regardless of my allignment. I tend to get more active as I get farther into the game. I also find it easier to scum hunt and read people when there's less players to analyze. That's just how I am. I'm truthfully never great early on in games as large as this one.

Anyway, in light of recent news, I'm inclined to vote for Feenie since, in my experience, Role Cops are Mafia alligned about 93% of the time. Rarely have I seen a legit Town Role Cop. I once fake claimed to be a Town Role Cop myself in a game where I was Mafia, so to me this recent claim smells pretty fishy. However, just to point it out, I personally don't really see what's so scummy about ALIT. Out of the two of them I'd much rather lynch Feenie, so...

Vote: Feenie
Probably their only decently meaningful post in this game. Unfortunately I don't think a single reasonable post excuses them from what else they've done or not done. The vote was also supposed to be posted immediately before EoD, making it look like an attempt to have their name on the Feenie wagon to look good.

Oh ****. Damn ninjas! Oh well. That was good anyway XD
Pointless.

tl;dr inactivity despite being around comboed with the poor quality of their existing posts makes me feel they're possible scum trying to look semi-active, but not really achieving much.

Pen

The game is on!
I finally caught up. I wasn't expecting this game to be this active. I had a bunch of pages to read up on, and with me not being used to night posting being a thing, I have to admit I'm a bit intimidated by the large amount of posts this game gets so fast. And with me having been a bit too busy for such an active game, I apologize for my inactivity. There you have my explanation for my absence.

Pendios has been scummy so I'm going for him.

Aside from my inactivity, what do you find scummy about me?

Besides that, I vaguely remember Pendio's scumplay being to lay low until the opportune moment. With all of the claiming going on, he might be trying to fly under the radar.

As far as I can tell, my level of activity has never been linked to my alignment. My low level of activity in this game has other reasons, as I have explained.

If you'd like for me to claim I will. I just think that everyone claiming makes the game a bit too easy for us. I mean, of course I wanna defeat the Mafia, but if everyone claims I think it becomes boringly easy to win the game, and I wanna have fun with this. Anyway, if it would save my life, sure I will claim.

I see Pendio as scummy so I'll start there.

I'm just curious to know your reason for suspecting me.

Pen

The game is on!
And it's not just being absent, I've seen them looking at this thread, they could be commenting but aren't.

The reason you've seen me reading this thread on occasion is because I've steadily been catching up on a fair amount of pages of posts. I didn't have time to catch up entirely in a single go, so it took me a while.

Pen

The game is on!
EBWODP

If I wanted to conceal my reading this thread I could easily do so with the invisibility service these forums provides. I have nothing to hide though, so I didn't do that.

Lone_Garurumon

Standing Out
Well it's good that you're posting, but there's still not much content. You said you'd just finished reading up, so what do you think of what's happened? Are there any players you're particularly wary of? Give us some good content and votes might start coming off.

If you'd like for me to claim I will. I just think that everyone claiming makes the game a bit too easy for us. I mean, of course I wanna defeat the Mafia, but if everyone claims I think it becomes boringly easy to win the game, and I wanna have fun with this. Anyway, if it would save my life, sure I will claim.
I don't want to force you to claim in thread if you think it's a bad idea, but you should absolutely 100% claim to musicfan in private. Plus the lynch could go either way between you and space at this point.
Plus, even with claims in the open, scum will lie, you still need to pick out the potentially dodgy ones.

Mint Elv

Fish!
I've seen non bastard announced games have masons as different alignments. All capsing me doesn't change that.
The difference here is their roles were given in one pm.
Anyone can say this. Doesn't mean it's true until checked.
Again this is a case where their role pms were in one pm. Heck they literally have the same role basically. The redacted parts are music. There is no doubting that pm.
This entire game has become a **** show more focused on winning than having fun and it's ****ing really stupid imo.

We are having a massclaim early in game when we are doing fine, all out of chat and super sekret, no one had any idea what's going on or if mf's evaluations are any good at all. he could have all the info but be making the wrong calls.

We are also having other users going player to player asking for massclaims; doesn't this just seem inherently unfun?

Then we have someone asking for us to all vote on one player to get his super sekret 1 shot role to go.

I'm being bugged at for not scumhunting. What scumhunting is there to do? There is no scumhunting being done in this thread. All anyone has posted in the last 6 ****ing pages is related to their roles. What do you want me to do? Go to a super sekret OC and find info?
Honestly the only thing making this un-fun is the complaining. I understand that OC is new for you guys and I know how much of a pain it can be, especially for mafia members. I've been on the crap ends.

But there is not super secret oc or overuse.

This day started with cases on Space and cases on Flop. Flops had no reasoning and died quickly. My role was out the moment Feenie died. So I came out to prevent a lynch of a possible town member who I don't find scummy anyways. This would be no different from any NOC game.

I'm not going to put Spaces role more than I have because that is like outing who the cop is.

The iancitivity is annoying, but the hosts are working on it. LG subbed back in. Storm was modkilled. Next townie who dies can probably let sub back in.

Any bit of the game not being fun is just stuff being blown out of proportion.
Literally ALL scumhunting I've seen is either "Pendio is inactive, let's vote him" or "Space isn't inactive, but im mildly uncomfortable with his posts"

A++* why am i getting **** again?
Who is voting Pendio for inactivity? He's being voted for being scummy.

And I can't say anything on the case for Space because I didn't understand it either. But that happens. Bad cases happen.
OC is fine, the fact that we are relying on it to dictate every single inside the thread post is the issue I'm having. Midorikawa says, "then scumhunt in thread", but it's pretty difficult when every post is being dictated by chats I'm not in.
No it's not dictating anything. To not dictating the votes that were on flop, or Space, or taking the votes on space, or the votes on Pendio.

To me it looks more like you guys don't want to try. Not OC and not even actual in thread at this point.
IDK, if people could share even a tiny bit of info when they talk about their OC reads that'd be helpful. I'm just lost.
I honestly don't have any. I haven't been oc much outside of telling music my result.

However I do find it disturbing that Funnier was upset about not having information as though he's more entitled to it than basically the whole thread. As though he's super cleared.
I don't know that much besides what I've already mentioned, and the reason I'm being so quiet about the emiya situation is because I've decided to roll with him for the time being. His role seems like it'll confirm or deny itself, in a way.

I'm still subbing out, but I felt like clarifying that much.
Please don't. It's hard yes. But please don't because we don't need more inactivity. And if you persevere then hopefully we can make this game fun again.
Aside from my inactivity, what do you find scummy about me?

........Your posts. I'm not voting you for inactivity. I'm voting you for scummy posts.

To the ZD people I know it seems like OC is taking over too much, but it's not. I think you guys are concentrating too much on s little bit of OC that won't solve the game in one phase.

Yes we suggested claiming to music, but that doesn't mean the game will be solved. We don't know what's in this game. We could have crazy roles that we don't know which means mafia can get away with fake claiming stuff like doctor.

It doesn't change the fact that we still need to look at posts in the thread. Make decisions in the thread. Please just stop thinking so much about the OC and concentrate on the thread because it is still where everything is happening and will be where everything is happening.

And people thinking about subbing out please don't. We already have enough inactivity, and I know I haven't been the most active but I am trying, and there are others trying too.

And yes the inactives are annoying but the hosts are doing their best. So please just try and enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom