• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pokemon Delta Emerald Mafia - BMGf Crossover - Endgame - 5/10/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Vote pendio

For now I trust midori with her results because they came back with how ever just a note is that space claimed befor midori gave me results.

Lily

Mischievous Minx
Vote: Pendio

I'm not sure if I trust either of them just yet, but I trust you. I'll follow suit for now until I get a better read.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
And instead of complaining about oc: scumhunt in thread. Yes there is oc and stuff is going to get done with that. But that doesn't mean we should sit on our hands and do nothing. I'm currently waiting on a response from the hosts about something before I place my vote. I'm not going to wait for music to say jump, so you shouldn't either.

Look trough and decide who you think is scum and then push for their lynch. Mafia are going to lie to music so we stil l have to scumhunt. And town leaders don't always make good choices so we have to scumhunt to make sure they don't cost us the game if their choices are poor.

I know you were responding to Bok, but I just wanted to say we are trying to scumhunt in thread. But OC kinda makes that hard, as it seems like everyone else is doing their own thing and we're left in the dark. How are we supposed to push lynches or anything on our own, when others are voting based on other information they've received that could change things? They're all gonna be the ones deciding the lynches together pretty much, and we're just supposed to believe them. But everyone is just giving vague reasons based off the info they have. I feel like I can post my thoughts all I want and make cases for who I think seems scummy, but ultimately it won't make a huge difference because I'm not privy to other info.

I'm disappointed in my own forum mates, some of them I should specify. I like the OC option.

I'm not going to start drama in this game, but if you have issues with people you should contact them privately instead of passive aggressively insulting them in this thread.

I will say though, that you seem to be taking things a little too personally. This is a game, nothing is personal unless you make it that way. We're allowed to voice if we don't agree with certain aspects of the game. It's nothing against the people that do use those aspects. I even said that OC can be useful in some ways, but I can still dislike something because it goes against what I think the main points of the game are while still respecting people that use it.

if it's role madness then how do we even know that mf is town

It says in the role pm from Dom's lynch. They're both town aligned.

I also checked space and finally got the results. She's not worth a lynch yet.

I know you clarified after this that your result could be either a town or mafia role. But in your experiences, which alignment is more likely to have that role?

For now I trust midori with her results because they came back with how ever just a note is that space claimed befor midori gave me results.

So are you saying that the results and claim match up?

funnier6

Courage~
I'm not dissuaded on space, nobodys told me anything but I doubt it would convince me anyway.

On the off chance someone does tell me and convince me I'll probably switch to Jamie as he hasn't done things as promised. (I see you implied you were busy again so I'll wait impatiently)

Mint Elv

Fish!
The votes are on Pendio, why would you get lynched?
Meant more as a joke. But I keep being put in mafia theories. Basically music implied that it's possible space claimed and that we could be scumbuddiws and I said after she told me what she was claiming.

....that sounds confusing. It's no big deal though since I do plan on trying to prove myself.
I know you clarified after this that your result could be either a town or mafia role. But in your experiences, which alignment is more likely to have that role?
........Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm bmg has ruined roles for me. If it's like older bmg then town, and I would imagine town unless mafia has the same role.
I'm not dissuaded on space, nobodys told me anything but I doubt it would convince me anyway.

On the off chance someone does tell me and convince me I'll probably switch to Jamie as he hasn't done things as promised. (I see you implied you were busy again so I'll wait impatiently)
Gotta ask music. Up to them if they trust you. I'm cautious with information.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Rant aside, I dont like this random bus for Floppolio, Music did Emiya claim to you? Assuming he did, how do you feel about it?
No, I wasn't contacted by musicfan. In fact, it seems like another shall we say interested party beat him to it. We're mostly working individually though so it's not exactly a collaboration. I had no idea that musicfan was taking claims as well; but that most likely means that both Mason camps are using the OCs to communicate with confirmed roles, so the competition is interesting. Also, I should mention this, but when I said that Floppolio wasn't one of the "confirmed" people to vote on Garu, I meant that her role was never verified or brought up otherwise unlike the rest of the votes.

And on the topic of the OCs... To be fair, ZD has always restricted external communication aside from some assigned chats. Without that restriction in place, I know some bygone members who would have taken advantage of that and exchanged role information with their buddies. On top of that, knowing each other's roles kind of takes the fun out of scumhunting. Learning to read an opponent and understanding their meta is part of the enticement in ZD Mafia, but I can see the appeal in a collaborative group effort. I've just never seen the OC in action until now.

---

Between the Space and Pendio, I'm more inclined to go with the latter because Space has actually been contributing. Besides that, I vaguely remember Pendio's scumplay being to lay low until the opportune moment. With all of the claiming going on, he might be trying to fly under the radar.

Lone_Garurumon

Standing Out
Max! You're back! =O

If you are who I think you are, then that means you've also been in contact with...them. In that case, I'll be a bit more straightforward and iron out some little details. Due to the sheer rarity of the role, I didn't want to spend it on an early lynch. Yesterday's shenanigans was an attempt to make a unified lynch since once again the votes were being split down the middle. That's why Today I decided to go the extra mile and try really really hard to make the one shot count towards something. Despite how risky it is, despite the dangers I might face later on, I know we can do this together, as friends! ...Or I could just sense who's scum on my own, that might work.
But it's more effective to use it on a lynch that's straight down the middle. Getting the number of scum on a wagon is pointless if it includes the whole game. It's best to get a number from half the players, so that once the scum from the wagon are cleared off we know for sure who scum isn't.

Furthermore, if you are who I think you are, then you most likely caught on to my main subset of powers. While the role isn't exactly Town-aligned every time, you should know who I've been protecting this entire time. To call me scum is to call them scum.
Actually I don't. There are several towny people you could've been protecting. You've softclaimed both Doctor and Sensor, yet your Doctor is apparently infinite while your Sensor is 1x? Please tell me if I'm reading this wrong.

as far as I recall, we don't know anything about chef, right? Aka who garu's subbing in for.
This is true, Cheff did pretty much nothing before I subbed into him.

if it's role madness then how do we even know that mf is town

we had a scum/town mason pair here before, and no one expected it because we hadn't had it prior
BECAUSE MASONS ARE THE SAME ALIGNMENT! WE'VE SEEN DOMO'S PM! MUSIC IS TOWN! THE GAME HAS NOT BEEN ANNOUNCED BASTARD, SO WE HAVE NO REASON TO ASSUME IT IS!
I'm sorry. I'm just sick of people throwing this idea around.

No, I wasn't contacted by musicfan. In fact, it seems like another shall we say interested party beat him to it. We're mostly working individually though so it's not exactly a collaboration. I had no idea that musicfan was taking claims as well; but that most likely means that both Mason camps are using the OCs to communicate with confirmed roles, so the competition is interesting. Also, I should mention this, but when I said that Floppolio wasn't one of the "confirmed" people to vote on Garu, I meant that her role was never verified or brought up otherwise unlike the rest of the votes.
Music wasn't supposed to contact you, you were supposed to contact them. I pinged everybody in the post where I described the strategy, but saying it again won't hurt.
Music is confirmed as Town thanks to Domo's flip, all players should claim to them, and anyone who doesn't is a suspect because they have something to hide from a confirmed Townie. Music isn't relaying any of this information to the other Masons or any other players, since they're still not confirmed.

Rainami

locked away
I know what emiya's alleged role is but I'm not going to be the one to say anything. I have a fairly neutral read on him right now.

And on the topic of the OCs... To be fair, ZD has always restricted external communication aside from some assigned chats. Without that restriction in place, I know some bygone members who would have taken advantage of that and exchanged role information with their buddies. On top of that, knowing each other's roles kind of takes the fun out of scumhunting. Learning to read an opponent and understanding their meta is part of the enticement in ZD Mafia, but I can see the appeal in a collaborative group effort. I've just never seen the OC in action until now.
sort of. There's a significantly different playstyle when you can privately contact people. I do wonder if I'd be a little better at making reads and analyzing meta if I wasn't so used to having OC.

Analyzing claims has its own appeal tho, and you'd be surprised how far a mafia fakeclaim can go. This is a rather drastic example, but in one game I was in earlier this year, a mafioso (darthworf) managed to successfully fakeclaim cop in thread due to luck. The town believed him until garu subbed in a few phases later and called him out, after we had already all claimed to him. Even though the town still ended up with the claims, the mafia had them too, and was a really close game in the end.

but even playing bmgf games, things like reads and meta are things that I frequently see come up, whenever I actually play. Although relying on meta isn't really a good thing either, arguments based on meta often tend to be poor. Not that meta can't be useful, it definitely can be. When used well and in the right situations.

Between the Space and Pendio, I'm more inclined to go with the latter because Space has actually been contributing. Besides that, I vaguely remember Pendio's scumplay being to lay low until the opportune moment. With all of the claiming going on, he might be trying to fly under the radar.

sure

Unvote: Floppolio

Mint Elv

Fish!
I've seen meta arguments based on oc actually. OC has its own behavior, and you guys seem to think this OC heavier than it actually is. Back when I first started mafia on bmg it's was half the game or more in oc. Now it's more like a quarter and we have plenty of games with no oc.

Even so: oc has its own behavior and that's good to note and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom