• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pokemon Delta Emerald Mafia - BMGf Crossover - Endgame - 5/10/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did your vote need to be on a major wagon?

I just don't or do like posts. If I see multiple posts I don't like then I'll scumread, and usually push for a lynch on that person. If I see multiple I like then I'll defend that person. Simple as that. I won't pull up the posts because I don't really have time. I only do so when absolutely necessary and when I have time.

1) I am not scumreading you for meta. I don't scumread for meta. I get annoyed by overuse, which thankfully I really only have to deal with @Zexy overusing it. I'm scumreading you for scummy posts that don't relate to meta.
2) If you read the post you said you forgot to read and then quoted, then you would realized I said it almost never has use. Me being aggressive, and me not liking meta is something that is common of me regardless of alignment. Someone who does some weird softclaims regardless of alignment, thus cannot be called townie or mafia for softclaiming weirdly. In that case it's fine. But using it as a defense or to read someone as town or mafia is what I don't like.
3) One of those things I'll be doing is coming after you :)

Funny to see this come up now, after the other masons claimed, AND after Rainami pushed someone to claim to the masons. That's pretty strange to me. Why push someone to give information to your counterclaim?

Of all town I would say low. It's not as useful in an OC game.

We would be told if this game had multiple mafias or towns.

No you didn't. Because if you did something worth noting, I would have a stronger impression of you. And considering you apparently read my post, well assuming you read more than me talking about you, then you know not to bother with meta with me. Don't try to use it as a defense. Give me something other than your past ZD games because I don't care how you played in the past. I don't care how you'll play in the future. I only care about your actions this game. And none of them have me impressed.

This feels off. Confused. As though they did not know of the mason claim and plan to come out. Makes me feel stronger about my voting choice.

VOTE: Funnier6

I think he's full of it. He's had a few off posts, and I know from experience mafia can easily look town. So those off post are super important because I believe they're scumslips. I beleive I quoted them in my mega post too. I also don't buy the mason claim. The timing is off, and his partners actions make zero sense for it.

Too lazy to cut out the rest not pertaining to me, but my vote didn't need to be on a major wagon. I just wanted it to be. Despite acknowledging both Storm and YIGA as mislynch bait, a part of me hoped we would have a role that could make sense of the wagons at night.

Reading about Rainami's awkwardness quoted by Minish after music and Domo claimed masons on Day 1, I feel worse ablut her specifically, but I have a hard town read on funnier for what looks to be a very similar solving style to what he used last game, so it might be nerves on Rain's end. I think lynching a mason today is crazy. As far as I see it, they're a needed mislynch for the scum to win. If someone has a peek, feel free to put any anxiety you have about them to rest, but I'm not going to entertain WIFOM about what scum should or shouldn't do, and I'll accept the claims at face value because of music unconditionally reading Domo as town before his claim and funnier acting townie individually to me, which also places his partner as town to me, as having masons of differing alignments is a bastard mechanic.

Kuro

caw
I had no reason for doing so. It was completely irrational of me.

h7D4yO0.gif

Unvote

It looks like no one other than YIGA or Storm will be lynched at this point, so I'll go with YIGA. I think Storm's emo behavior is normal for his town game, as unfortunate as it is. YIGA vanished after his inside joke and has yet to reply to anyone. He could very well be town, but he made some awkward posts in Korra Book 3 as scum so I wouldn't rule it out completely. Plus, if we have a sensor, these fairly large wagons are juicy.

Even though I agreed with funnier that the wagons were mislynches, I failed to see a better wagon that could spawn in the last few minutes of the day, and I settled for YIGA as Storm's behavior was typical of his town game.

Too lazy to cut out the rest not pertaining to me, but my vote didn't need to be on a major wagon. I just wanted it to be. Despite acknowledging both Storm and YIGA as mislynch bait, a part of me hoped we would have a role that could make sense of the wagons at night.

Vote: Feenie

I mentioned her strange voting and unvoting on the Yigahim wagon yesterday, and she has yet to respond to others suspicions of her voting patterns.

5AMbLpu.png

A Link In Time said:
I find myself agreeing with you quite a bit, and I have a town lean in you currently, but the way you worded the start of your post potentially looks like distancing to me. Are you nornally a bit unsure of yourself? The start of your post reads like overjustification. I'd be happy to hear from other BG people about Feenie's play style as well.
I was okay with the thought of lynching Lone_Garurumon initially because I was suspicious of his vote on Mellow, and I thought it was weird, but after thinking on it I realized it wasn't such a good idea because a) he hadn't been on to defend himself as of my post there and b) he had actually been one of the few players on the lynch to try and give a reason no matter how shallow it was--hence the 'ehhh'. I hope that makes sense... I'm not usually unsure of myself, and I normally don't come across that way, but after reflecting on my vote (especially on a fellow BG member whom I should know how they play) then I realized I may be making a mistake.

Why did you unvote in this post? YIGA hadn't replied to your concerns get. What do you mean by "he kept the vote on right"?
Well I took it off because funnier mentioned how it was a joke, and I was thinking maybe I was wrong to be so quick to vote him because of him joking, but after seeing how yiga has been online and has not posted in the game since and could've but did not remove his vote from Mellow, I'm going to be placing my vote back on. I said that because I was wanting to make sure he never removed his vote from Mellow, despite saying it was a 'joke'. If it was really a joke, then you'd think at some point you would remove that vote. A joke vote stops being a joke when you don't remove it by the end of the phase.

VOTE: YIGAhim.

funnier6 said:
Why did this not apply to Yiga? I see your second reason was because garu had given a reason, even though you admitted the reason was very shallow.
Because of this
These [url="https://zeldadungeon.net/forum/thre...y-1-01-09-2017.60844/page-23#post-1110738]two[/url] posts were made well after the joke phase had ended. And yet, he still kept his vote on, despite clearly having been around.
He could've taken the vote off, yet he didn't. If I had known there was no activity from him since his last post in thread, that would have deterred me more. Lone however when I said that had not been on at all.
And you had even unvoted when I said it was a joke and then went back after it became more popular, simply because not unvoting Mez was apparently the scummiest thing you'd seen all day.

I put the vote back on because of what was said above--I said this in my original post when I voted him again, as well.
myself earlier said:
Well I took it off because funnier mentioned how it was a joke, and I was thinking maybe I was wrong to be so quick to vote him because of him joking, but after seeing how yiga has been online and has not posted in the game since and could've but did not remove his vote from Mellow, I'm going to be placing my vote back on. I said that because I was wanting to make sure he never removed his vote from Mellow, despite saying it was a 'joke'. If it was really a joke, then you'd think at some point you would remove that vote. A joke vote stops being a joke when you don't remove it by the end of the phase.

Pen

The game is on!
@Pendio READ CLOLOR needs to post more hasnt post anything of real substance unless I missed something in passing slight scum read due to meta

I would love for you to elaborate further on this, because right now it looks very vague. What exactly about my meta makes you think I'm scum?

VOTE: Libk

They may have been someone I don't like. I still don't like link but I'm curious if anyone caught his softclaim.

I have not caught the softclsim. You apparently did though, so why did you vote for him?

Maybe I'm being paranoid since I've never been in this situation before but if I were the host I would've pmed a second role pm with their true role and alignment? Otherwise I suppose we are all town.

Tell me, how suspicious are you of your supposed Mason buddy?

as having masons of differing alignments is a bastard mechanic.

What's to say this game doesn't utilise a few bastard mechanics? I've had little things that could be considered bastard in at least three of the games I've hosted on here, but those games were never viewed as bastard games. That being said I think the most likely thing is that all of the claimed Masons are Town, though I still don't want to rule out the possibility of one of them being scum.

funnier6

Courage~
Misconstrue: to interpret (something, especially a person's words or actions) wrongly.

The game has since moved on from that (as well as my own interpretations) due to the Mason claims, so I don't see much of a point getting sidetracked by what should be a mutual misunderstanding. Am I wrong?

Suppose not, just checking.
My amount of interest in this game is currently low, but anyone who played in my game on ZD last month should know that low activity from Day 2 onwards allowed the scum to sit back as town ate each other. Let's see some mored posting.

This is a way bigger game than what we normally have so I don't think it's a big deal until day three maybe.

Also would prefer if you led by example.

funnier6

Courage~
I would love for you to elaborate further on this, because right now it looks very vague. What exactly about my meta makes you think I'm scum?

I have not caught the softclsim. You apparently did though, so why did you vote for him?

What's to say this game doesn't utilise a few bastard mechanics? I've had little things that could be considered bastard in at least three of the games I've hosted on here, but those games were never viewed as bastard games. That being said I think the most likely thing is that all of the claimed Masons are Town, though I still don't want to rule out the possibility of one of them being scum.

My suspicions have been put to rest, from what the bulbagarden people said it's highly unlikely, especially since we received or roles at the same time.

Ya know considering the 25 people in this game I'm not sold that was a very good wagon to check. (I wonder if sensors also sense third parties?)

Vote: Feenie

I mentioned her strange voting and unvoting on the Yigahim wagon yesterday, and she has yet to respond to others suspicions of her voting patterns.

She responded to me, I think kuro quoted it a few posts ago.

This is okay, but if she doesn't come back because computer troubles we should lynch someone else, especially looking at what happened yesterday.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Meta isn't necessary to get a feel for players. I able to get a feel for players without using it. Like MEz I feel like they are the kind of player I just always want to lynch because they feel like the kind that jokes more than necessary or has more just frustrating posts regardless of alignment.
And there is no excuse for the past D1. It was busy and when D1 is busy then it is only slightly less than D2, just like D2 is slightly less than D3, because we gain a lynch and nightkill for each new day phase. That's the only difference. If it was a dead D1, then I would agree, but it wasn't.

Meta isn't necessary (I mean we don't have any meta on you BMG people so we can't really apply it to you all), but it can be extremely helpful and shouldn't be dismissed entirely because of that. Also, just saying, I don't think you're able to get a great feel for players without it since your thoughts about the type of player Mezlo is are way off base.

It wasn't a super busy day 1 actually. Sure it did end up getting serious, and when it did my posts did as well. But nothing super notable happened (besides the mason claims and that's only notable now because of the counterclaims). But I actually did something and contributed, so I don't see how I did nothing of note.

.............This contradicts itself. We have two different mason claims. So if one flips then will you lynch one? You're clearing them, but also saying a flip would make one side suspicious.

I know you were quoting Jamie here, but I think you slightly misinterpreted what he was saying there. I believe he was saying in a hypothetical situation where one of the mason pairs was actually just scum, then it was a risky play because the real masons could flip and there would be suspicion on them due to that. So therefore it wouldn't be as likely for scum to take that chance. Don't think he was stating what he would actually do if one pair did flip mason.

VOTE: Libk

They may have been someone I don't like.

This vote is really weird to me and I'm not sure I like it. You just voted Libk and said he MAY be someone you don't like. That's not even a reason to vote someone. Especially considering you're not even sure of it yourself. If you're gonna vote someone at least back it up with reasoning.

I did have a real case on Mez, (not a particularly good one) and I would have gotten information out of it, though that would involve the use of meta and his interactions with ZD people so I see why you don't see it. (Just realized that wasn't your question) We have no information from yigas lynch because he had next to no interactions with anyone and posted zero reads, so dissecting the wagon was the only way to salvage information and that wasn't very much.

Okay, I see you finally (kinda) answered this question that I've asked you a few times already. But I still don't think you answered it well. What were you going to gain from Mezlo's interactions that you couldn't gain from the votes on Yiga? Mez didn't even interact with a ton of people either, and seeing as he flipped town, what interactions he did have don't provide us a ton of info anyways, besides maybe providing his reads on people. Mezlo has flipped now, so you could still state what your case would've been for him as nothing has changed whether he was lynched day 1 or nk'd night 1.

Lone_Garurumon

Standing Out
And we've seen crazy mafia ploys on BMG.
*Olive flashbacks*

If they're really a Mason they have no reason to be suspicious. I don't see what this question accomplishes.

There's no Bastard mechanics because the hosts haven't said there are Bastard mechanics. We tend to react very negatively if we're lied to about that stuff.

funnier6

Courage~
Meta isn't necessary (I mean we don't have any meta on you BMG people so we can't really apply it to you all), but it can be extremely helpful and shouldn't be dismissed entirely because of that. Also, just saying, I don't think you're able to get a great feel for players without it since your thoughts about the type of player Mezlo is are way off base.

It wasn't a super busy day 1 actually. Sure it did end up getting serious, and when it did my posts did as well. But nothing super notable happened (besides the mason claims and that's only notable now because of the counterclaims). But I actually did something and contributed, so I don't see how I did nothing of note.

I know you were quoting Jamie here, but I think you slightly misinterpreted what he was saying there. I believe he was saying in a hypothetical situation where one of the mason pairs was actually just scum, then it was a risky play because the real masons could flip and there would be suspicion on them due to that. So therefore it wouldn't be as likely for scum to take that chance. Don't think he was stating what he would actually do if one pair did flip mason.

This vote is really weird to me and I'm not sure I like it. You just voted Libk and said he MAY be someone you don't like. That's not even a reason to vote someone. Especially considering you're not even sure of it yourself. If you're gonna vote someone at least back it up with reasoning.

Okay, I see you finally (kinda) answered this question that I've asked you a few times already. But I still don't think you answered it well. What were you going to gain from Mezlo's interactions that you couldn't gain from the votes on Yiga? Mez didn't even interact with a ton of people either, and seeing as he flipped town, what interactions he did have don't provide us a ton of info anyways, besides maybe providing his reads on people. Mezlo has flipped now, so you could still state what your case would've been for him as nothing has changed whether he was lynched day 1 or nk'd night 1.

I disagree, there's a big difference on whether he was lynched or night killed. After he flipped I would've been able to form much better reads from the votes on him (assuming others actually would've voted him seriously) And if he'd known he was going to die he would've claimed so I don't think we ever would've lynched him.

All I get from him being night killed is that I feel better about you and emiya (unless both of you have changed your game an awful lot) and that the mafia apparently saw him as a danger so I'm betting someone from ZD suggested it to the rest of the mafia team.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
If there really are "moles" in either Mason set, then that means they could transmit information back to the scum chat. But I find that entire supposition to be highly unlikely, mostly because I've never heard of a role that could do that. Surely their wincons would mention something like "seek out the double-agents and uncover their misdeeds" or something like that. But just be to certain...

@funnier Are you able to confirm if your alignment is Town or neutral? I believe @musicfan already said something about being Town, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom