• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Play Through

Clash

Super Melee Brawler
I've played through the game 3 times. Oddly, I made up three characters, one per file. They are as follows:

Link: Always wears green, no matter what upgrades are available. He exhibits a balance of offense and defense. In Oot, he wields the Master Sword (so he can use both the sword and the shield at the same time) and the hylian shield (to complete the generic Link appearance, as per my tradition). In OoT, as a child he makes use of the deku shield.

Clash: Wears red. Uses almost completely offense, rarely raising his shield (the mirror shield in OoT). He loves fire, and often uses the spell Din's Fire in OoT. He is brash and often rushes into things without thinking. Clash lives for the battle. In OoT, he wields the Biggeron Sword. In OoT, as a child he uses no shield.

Knight: Wears blue. Uses mainly defense. He often raises his shield (the hylian shield in OoT) Knight thinks things through a lot, maybe too much. He follows a code of honor that he made himself. He usually does things the hard way, as he believes this to be honorable. He often uses Nayru's Love for protection in OoT. In OoT, he wields the Master Sword, but uses the L-targeting switch option so he can hide behind his shield (although "hide" may not be the best word, as Knight believes hiding to be dishonorable.) In OoT, as a child he wears the hylian shield.

Yes, I named my profile on this forum after Clash. I also use these characters for my other Zelda games. If there are only two profiles, Knight gets left out, sadly. I have grown quite attached to these characters. I couldn't bring myself to delete any of their profiles, so my amount of times I've completed OoT probably won't go over 3.

Last edited:
I actually first beat the game when I was about 4 years old. My cousin was playing something and when I went to look, I immedietally knew I loved it. What's funny is that he was stuck on the spirit temple, and when he let me try(he was shaking his head, thinking I wouldn't be able to do it) I beat the temple in 5 minutes. However, my favorite part would be actually beating Ghoma for the first time. When I first played the game, I could get to her very easily, but I was always scared of her when she jumped off the roof. Eventually my family got me to do it, and let me just say, I did HORRIBLY. When I finished off Ghoma, I only had a quarter of a heart. Anyways, I've problably played through the entire game about, hm, I don't know........about 48.7(I'm at Ganon's Castle right now) times.

Um.....Clash? I think you just described green/red/blue Link from the Four Swords manga.

Last edited:
1 playthrough, and I had a fun time. My favorite moment was volleying the electric ball with Ganondorf. Reminds me of Tennis in Wii Sports.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't even know how often I've played through the several different releases of Ocarina of Time . Assuming Master Quest is counted, as well as the 3D remake...I would assume I played OoT at the very least around 100 times; repeating runs and simply trying to do no damage runs just wasn't easy back in the day, but it kept me coming back for more each and every single time. :)

Between my cartridges and friend's cratridges, I had beaten in 21 times (I used to count) when I was younger (that was from around it's release until about 2001 when I was in first grade). After that, I stopped counting, and I've played it many more times, including on Gamecube and just recently got the collectors edition on eBay for N64 that I did my first 100% run for.

New Link

Link's Reincarnation
I have played the game 5 times

twice (one on VC one on 3DS)
once for 100%
and a race with my friend
I am In the middle of a three heart run

caleb11roy

Hero of Rhyme
I love playing as kid Link! I wish he had more things to do, which is why they made MM. However I played through this game more than i can remember I play it at least 3 times a years, and now more since 3DS. I love the Deku nuts the most!

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
I'll play it at least once a year since 2000, so at least 12.

Favorite part was everything from Gerudo fortress to the spirit temple. The music/ theme of the whole region just appeals to me.

Igos du Ikana

Maldorok
I can't say exactly how many times I've beat it, but I would say at least 15 times. My favorite parts are the final boss battle, the scene in the sky and when Navi leaves and Link goes to Zelda. The ending of the game had always made me sad and made me regret beating it because it has always left me with the feeling of "Wow, this is really the end. What happens now?".

caleb11roy

Hero of Rhyme
I can't say exactly how many times I've beat it, but I would say at least 15 times. My favorite parts are the final boss battle, the scene in the sky and when Navi leaves and Link goes to Zelda. The ending of the game had always made me sad and made me regret beating it because it has always left me with the feeling of "Wow, this is really the end. What happens now?".

MM happened!

more times than i can count haha i love ocarina its my favorite game of all time so i find myself returning to that game for another play through whenever i feel the need to play my favorite game one more time

Oh jeez, how many times HAVE I played OoT? Hmm... I'm going to say it's in the 20-40 range, but I really don't keep track.

My favourite part was always the intro to the game. I have no idea why, but I've always loved the music and scenery. For me, it sets the stage, essentially saying, "This is going to be one of the greatest games that you will play. Prepare yourself."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom