• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Play As Zelda?

I don't know... I think it would kind of change the feel of Zelda a bit much for me. Perhaps if you played as her during a brief portion or certain moments of the game, sort of in the style of Kafei from Majora's Mask, as well as Medli and Makar from Wind Waker. I think something like this could be a good idea.

I suppose actually playing as her could be alright. As long as they did it right (and I know Nintendo could,) then it could be fun. I can't say I'd prefer it, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy it.

Personally, I think Zelda should stay as an NPC... I'd rather see a new hero replace Link than see Zelda as the main character for a whole game, or even a large portion. But that's just me.

Maybe is has to do with the fact that Zelda has always been a character, but Link was kind of intended to just be the player... that might be my reason why. *Shrugs*

T

Twilight_Link10

Well I for one think it would be a great change in the Zelda saga and like
Ver-go-a-go-go said "what items would she use?" I think that she would use the sword she used in TP and as for items I would go with what zeldatwilight said I think she should have epic spells like in OOT once again I think it would be great

basement24

There's a Bazooka in TP!
I think they might have to bring the character more out of her princess role and into a rougher adventurer role for me to be interested in playing an entire game as Zelda. She really is the stereotypical damsel in distress still, despite her ability to weild arrows and magic. I don't say this to offend, it's really, sadly, the truth. If she controleld somewhat how she did in Brawl, I think it would make for a disappointing gaming experience.

However, as I said above, if they toughened her up, and showed her princess exterior is a front to an adventurer's soul and ability, it could be interesting. She would probably have to have the ability to use a sword though, because all arrows might not be too effective.

One thing I always thought might work was to give the player temporary control over Zelda in a regular title. It might be interesting to have a boss battle litke the end of TP and have control of Zelda on Epona who has to fire arrows at Ganondorf. Link would be computer controlled in battle (just sort of a pre-structured battle playing out while you do your thing as Zelda) and you have to make the shot to make Ganondorf vulnerable. Once it happens, control goes back to Link for awhile. The cycle could continue like this for the duration of the battle.

Either this, or we could just have a game where Zelda was ALSO the next in the line of heroes. (But then she'd have two of the three Triforces...)

Shnappy

derp
No, never in a main series game. I guess you could control her for a little bit, as you do control statues in WW. Tingle has his own games in Japan, so I don't really see what's wrong with a spin-off in which Zelda is the main character. It probably wouldn't be that great, and it might not get out of Japan, but Nintendo could give it a try if they wanted too.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
I think that it would be fun to include the ability to be able to play as Zelda. However, I don't see how they could do it. As for the idea of 'Links soul possessing their bodies.' No, this is far fetched and outrageous. Also, way too similar to TP, but substituting Zelda for wolf Link.

Also, I do not think it would be acceptable to have Zelda and Link as a sort of 'crime fighting duo' WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too gimmicky. If Nintendo pulled a stunt like this, it would dirty the very name of LoZ.

The only way I believe this could be done would be if Nintendo were to include playing as Zelda, as something not storyline specific. In other words. Zelda could be used for side-quests, gaining rupees, maybe even a little bit of research on what is coming next for Link. For example, ask around and glean information on the coming temple, gain hints as to which item will be in there and hints as to how to defeat the temples boss.

This would make Zelda a little relief for those players bored of temples and playing as Link by giving them a change. It also means it would not annoy more hardcore LoZ fans who would rather stick with Link.

I think the way they could include this is by say, Link would go to an inn and Zelda would be there, maybe hiding. If you talked to her she's say something like 'Link you look tired are you going to take a rest?' then, if you selected yes, effectively, Link would go to bed, and then you would take control of Zelda.

I don't think I would like an entire game where you had to play as Zelda. To me, it wouldn't feel right without Link somewhere in it. Plus, Zelda rarely has any big roles in any of the titles. All she really does is get kidnapped. The biggest thing she done in a Zelda game was in Ocarina of Time, and most of that was done as Sheik.

I would like to play as her for a portion of a game, however. Perhaps there will be a part where Link gets hurt or captured, and Zelda has to rescue him. If only it was for one small part, I think it would be a nice twist.

I'm also all for Nintendo making some unlockable modes in the next Zelda title. It would be nice to beat the game and unlock Zelda's story, and possibly Ganon's story as well. It would probably only be a few short missions, but it would be nice to experience all points of view for once.

Well, in Majora's Mask, we were able to take controll of Kafei, so this is definately possible, however, I have to say nay for this one. Sure, Zelda is cool and all and has cool powers that would be fun to play around with, but, let's be honest, it wouldn't feel Zelda to me. Traditional Zelda's you play as Link. If you're saying for a long period of time, no. A short while is a maybe, I just don't like shying away from tradition.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
If there was a Legend of Zelda game in which you completely control Zelda, it would be quite odd. Controlling Zelda for perhaps a minute or so or possible a sidequest with her would be fine, but I don't see how I could fight massive monsters as Zelda, perhaps maybe if a LoZ game were to be two player in story mode, the secondary player could play as Zelda, and if note, Zelda could be a CPU.

Playing as Zelda would also feel kind of off, and afterall, she doesn't have the Triforce of Courage, perhaps if they powered her up, I wouldn't want to see a Tom-boy Zelda. (Well, I guess Tetra is, but she doesn't really count)

Seeing these games getting more and more for the 1st grade audience, Nintendo might even make a Zelda-based game for younger players, but I wouldn't really like that. Zelda doesn't really seem to be a playable character throughout a whole game to me.

Playing as Zelda would also feel kind of off, and afterall, she doesn't have the Triforce of Courage, perhaps if they powered her up, I wouldn't want to see a Tom-boy Zelda. (Well, I guess Tetra is, but she doesn't really count).

Well Zelda has always had the Triforce of Wisdom, so she does possess one piece of it. In that case, she would have different powers than Link, and would probably be powers of telepathy and more magic related skills. Link's courage basically only gave him the ability to complete the adventure, so in my opinion, he's always had the least most power of all three Triforce bearers.

This dosen't change my opinion on my previous post though. I still think an entire game played as Zelda wouldn't feel right. Which is why I suggested a small part, or missions, where you have to do certain things in the game's story.

For example, if you were to have been able to play Zelda's part during Ocarina of Time, they could have started it out by showing some opening scenes of her meeting Link, then switched to her and Impa being chased by Ganondorf on horseback. So you would start out Zelda's sub-mission by having to control the horse and get to wherever her and Impa were going to. After that, you would probably have to learn how to be like a Sheikah. Then, you would do some missions to learn the various songs which Sheik teaches to Link throughout the game. And eventually, you would aid Link in the final battle against Ganon during the part where she holds him down with her power.

B

blhand26

Yes Yes and Yes!!!!!

I think playing as Zelda would be SOOOO Awesome :zelda:!!!!!!
She could change into Shiek any time she wanted to. Her moves would be sorta like her moves on Mario Smash Brawl. Put of course much better and a little bit more complicated than just pushing 1 button. Her Items would probably consist of Her sword she had in Twilight Princess, the hookshot, bow and arrows, throwing stars (when shiek), boomerang maybe, bombs, and of course spells and magic. Now to have a WHOLE game to play Zelda would be a little odd. I think if Nintendo were to do a game where you play as Zelda they should either have it so you either play mostly as Link but in some cases for either puzzle solving or story reasons you would play as Zelda/Shiek. Or they should have it so you play the game the first time as Link and after you finish the game you can have the option to play the whole game over again Except this time you would play as Zelda/Sheik and play her story. :clap::clap: What do ya'll think?:nod:

I like the idea of it being a portion of the game, maybe even half of the game, like mentioned earlier Kafei's style, though if Link was not in the same room/place it would be better for me.

Now a game entirely playing as Zelda, for some reason I don't feel that fond of the idea, maybe a s a second quest after finishing the game, or something like that.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
Nah, I'd like to keep as it is: playing as Link. I don't think bringing zelda in to the series would add anymore cheers, maybe break some tradition ;).

R

RupeeBlue

I'd much rather have Link as the main character, but a little portion of the game might not be a bad idea. Think Gongoron in PH. But Zelda as a main character? Nawh.

Just lock her up in a tower to be saved or something. NPCs should know their place. :P

C

Caleb, Of Asui

Two of the CDi games had you control Zelda, and we know how horrible those ended up being. (Though, I'll admit, it wasn't entirely because of controlling Zelda in one of them.)

I'm for the idea of only a small portion of the game being controlled as Zelda. She doesn't have all the weapons that Link has, so it would make sense to limit her abilities, at least in comparison to Link's abilities. She might be allowed to do a few things that Link can't that allow her to enter some otherwise inaccessible areas. Maybe have her turn into an animal like Link being the wolf? >o>

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
I think playing Princess Zelda would be really cool. For years I've always been stuck playing Link even though this game is called "the legend of zelda" o_O. (*sigh* don't you think that Link should share the spotlight???)

Anyway, I strongly think nintendo could make it work. Just like square enix's Final Fantasy XIII demo, I believe they should allow players to play each characters story (Zelda and Link) separately, so that your not always stuck with one storyline. To be honest, It would be a nice change for this series.

As for her weapons/abilities? Well, of course her part of the triforce would be a must for this game. Her light and silver arrows would be good too. What else????? Maybe her own sword? IDK

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom