• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Play As Zelda?

Kazumi

chagy
What do you think of the idea of playing as Zelda at some point in the next game? I think it's possible that they could do it in some way. I've seen a couple people think up games that have the ability to play as Zelda. (Like me!!) I know I have in a way, where you are Link, but your in Zelda's body. Later in the game you can switch between Link and Zelda's bodies, yet the whole time your actually Link's soul. I also know that Zeldatwilight, in his game idea, has Link and Zelda's soul combined. So you get to play as both of them.

What do you think of playing of Zelda? How would you put it into a game? Would you like to play as Zelda? Would Zelda have other abilities, or would she just have the same items as Link?

I just don't see how this could work. I mean, maybe for a very short time, but still, how would you make it work? What weapons would she use? Light Arrows? Silver Arrows? Other than that, I don't see Zelda using any other weapon. Am I missing something?

I just don't see how this could work. I mean, maybe for a very short time, but still, how would you make it work? What weapons would she use? Light Arrows? Silver Arrows? Other than that, I don't see Zelda using any other weapon. Am I missing something?

Link could use his Item collection and Zelda can use her Spells. just think how big the spells would be making its return. When you use the spells, you play note, LIke OoT.

Last edited:

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I guess it would work. But I doubt it would be a success though. People are used to play as Link and I believe a lot of people would get dissapointed. Like Ver-go said maybe for a small part of the game and using spells would be rather fun but never as the main character (I know you did not say that, just want to clarify). But I guess a spin off game could do fine, one with lots of spells and magic and Zelda as the main character :).

zeldusfanaticus

im the puppet master
this notion of playing as zelda happened once, and it flopped. of course all the CD-i games flopped, so if nintendo did the whole thing it could work.

and yeah zelda would have a bunch of spells, but also a stick:)

Kazumi

chagy
I was more thinking that you would play as Link and Zelda. Sorda like the command melody in WW, but you just switch between them with a touch of a button/use of an item. I think Link and Zelda would just share an inventory, but Zelda could do some things Link couldn't, and Link could do some of the things Zelda couldn't, but they would work together.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
I guess I was a bit harsh in my other post. Well, we have seen how it can work in WW (but the command aspect would be a bit annoying if you put it too far). In TP it worked well playing both as a Wolf and Link (but I did not love it) and it could also work with Zelda/Link. And how can you know before you have tried it? I guess we´ll have to see what happens :).

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
I guess I was a bit harsh in my other post. Well, we have seen how it can work in WW (but the command aspect would be a bit annoying if you put it too far). In TP it worked well playing both as a Wolf and Link (but I did not love it) and it could also work with Zelda/Link. And how can you know before you have tried it? I guess we´ll have to see what happens :).

I guess that would work better in a Spin-Off, Like Super Princess Peach...
The game would end being scoffed for being another "The Adventure of Zelda", but, oh well...

Also, I don't think that she would have that much options, while Link has a huge arsenal, Zelda only has three spells, and, pushing it a bit, a bow and arrows.

Maybe playing as Zelda in a prologue in the game would work fine, imo

www.zeldainmypocket.com
First off, she'd use her sword that she carries in TP. Second, ever hear of Zelda's Adventure? You get to play as Zelda for the entire game! w00t!

I like the idea of playing as Zelda in a new game, though. Tetra would *also* work just fine. IDk, maybe go on a quest to save Link. (Don't worry, it would be very different from WoG!)

Amelie

Air Dancer
I think it would be fun to play as Zelda and maybe sneak around in Ganons castle kind of like how you play Peach in Paper Mario. I think it is a very fun part of those games. Maybe you could find clues and send them to Link some how or something. I know it sounds all to much like Paper Mario. But I think it would be fun to play as Zelda ^^

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I dont think it would make the series any better but they could add something to the game at the end, just so you won't stop playing it at the end of the game, and to add a little fun into the game.But playing as wolf link didn't bother me, but for some reason the idea for playing as zelda isn't as great, well for me.I still think we should control link beacause, it always takes a while to get used to another characters powers, this has no point, you'd get used to it someday.Btw wolf link took me forever to get used to.

I would love to play as Zelda. If Link/Zelda teamed up, it would add an extra layer of depth to the game, as you would have to figure out who would work best in the situation. Playing as Link/Zelda by themselves (as in, they only meet at a few points within the game) would be cool too, and would do better for the story's development.

If Zelda were made a playable character, here's what I think her moveset should be. There are two options.

If they make Zelda a warrior-type character, she would be light and fast. She would run faster than Link and attack quicker, but would be weaker than him. Her main weapon would be dual swords and her items would include a bow, a hookshot (both universal items usable by both characters), Deku Nuts and Hover Boots. I know the last 2 items have been used by Link in previous installments, but they seem to fit Zelda's moveset better.

If they make Zelda a sorceress, she would have no items as her spells would do all the work. She would be the one that has a magic bar. She cannot find hearts; she can only use healing spells and potions, so players will have to keep a close eye on the bar, which can be replenished by finding magic jars. An example of an offensive spell is Din's Fire (standard fire attack), an "assisting" spell (can't think of a better word) would be Farore's Wind (works like the Hover Boots) and a healing spell is Nayru's Love. Zelda could also enchant arrows to make them Light Arrows.

Well, that is my (rather lengthy) idea. What do you think?

I would love to play as Zelda. If Link/Zelda teamed up, it would add an extra layer of depth to the game, as you would have to figure out who would work best in the situation. Playing as Link/Zelda by themselves (as in, they only meet at a few points within the game) would be cool too, and would do better for the story's development.

If Zelda were made a playable character, here's what I think her moveset should be. There are two options.

If they make Zelda a warrior-type character, she would be light and fast. She would run faster than Link and attack quicker, but would be weaker than him. Her main weapon would be dual swords and her items would include a bow, a hookshot (both universal items usable by both characters), Deku Nuts and Hover Boots. I know the last 2 items have been used by Link in previous installments, but they seem to fit Zelda's moveset better.

If they make Zelda a sorceress, she would have no items as her spells would do all the work. She would be the one that has a magic bar. She cannot find hearts; she can only use healing spells and potions, so players will have to keep a close eye on the bar, which can be replenished by finding magic jars. An example of an offensive spell is Din's Fire (standard fire attack), an "assisting" spell (can't think of a better word) would be Farore's Wind (works like the Hover Boots) and a healing spell is Nayru's Love. Zelda could also enchant arrows to make them Light Arrows.

Well, that is my (rather lengthy) idea. What do you think?

I think the warrior idea would never work. But, having said that, I think the sorceress idea is a good one. I really can't picture Zelda with a hookshot, but it's easy to imagine her using the spells that you mentioned and the occasional light arrow if you get in trouble.

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
I don't really know I feel about this. I want to like the idea...But I don't know. On one hand, I think it would be an awesome change! Zelda would be such an interesting person to play as! But on the other hand it would kind of seem like what Nintendo did with Mario and gave Peach her own game. I have not heard anything else about that game. But knowing how good Nintendo has done with previous loz games, I know that if Zelda was the main character, it would still be a game we all play, we all talk about, and I bet alot of us would enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom