• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pirates Mafia: Curse of the Black Pearl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Content counts too.

Dan
4 Posts
1 post which is pretty useless in my opinion.
1 post which is also pretty useless... and creepy. Can't tell if he's actually suspicious of me.
1 post defending himself in a joking manner, leading to robow87 to unvoting him.
1 post in which he's just joking around.

Heroine of Time
4 Posts
1 post countervoting Gumball during RVS (joke)
1 post saying that Draco plays suspiciously, but Marshal and my suspicions are sound.
1 post which is big, but passable as it's a catch up post after like 100 posts. She shows suspicion on Raindrop's list, and says Marshals the most scummy to her, but isn't sure.
1 post answering, and clearing up her post.

Keeseman
4 Posts
1 post defending Mido's Random Vote.
1 post apologizing for not recognizing sarcasm.
1 post clearing stuff up (smiley mafia, and Dan's post)
1 post warning people to be wary of someone being too friendly (me).

Sirmat
4 Posts
1 post saying he was late, and is not suspicious of anyone.
1 post saying I'm too helpful, and we should not trust anyone.
1 post apologizing for taking Dan's post seriously.
1 post giving excuse for not posting.

Darknut_Hunter
2 Posts
1 post saying he was busy.
1 post agreeing with Raindrop about liking "no name claim" games, an IGMEOY at me and Marshal (both defended).
1 post explaining his opinions about Marshal, musicfan, and Raindrop.
1 post commenting about Draco's meta, and then answering my question by voting Marshal.

Thareous
2 Posts
1 post in which he IGMEOsY musicfan, and a comment about Draco's meta.
1 post agreeing with my questioning style, agreeing with not being hasty, and warning people to be more careful.

Josh
2 Posts
1 post with a joking vote.
1 post with a backed up vote.

Eduarda

Out of the people who haven't posted much, I think Heroine of Time had the most substance in her posts. Then comes Darknut_Hunter, Thareous and Keeseman.

EBWODP

Did I just say that Darknut_Hunter made 2 posts, and then give links to 4 posts? o_O Sorry about that, guys. He made 4 posts :P

Last edited:
[video=youtube;TbzBrRUZ6hk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbzBrRUZ6hk[/video]

Hi.

I've finally procrastinated my Russian History class as far as I can, so now I have nothing to do and that's why I'm finally here.

First things first. You guys talk too much.

No, that's not mafia speak for you're onto scum. That's coming from someone who spent half his Tuesday night rereading a 17 page thread.

I've actually been reading this thread all day (you know that whole procrastination thing), but haven't taken notes on it (hence the whole rereading thing), so I've actually been paying attention. Not that it matters.

Second. Annie. You are a fantastic person. Whether you turn out to be scum or town, you are just beautiful at whatever you are doing right now. Whether your scum trying to act town, or town trying to act town, you are everything I am not.

Now, I'm going to take my select posts and rape them for all they are worth. Should take a while.

I find Dracomajora's play style to be extremely suspicious in general. At least, that's how it was in the last game. I think Annie and The Marshal's reasoning is sound, but that's kind of just his meta.

Okay, maybe I'm reading this wrong, but I'm soooo confused. You think Dracomajora's play style is suspicious, but then that's just his meta? His meta is suspicious? Is that good or bad to you?

It's just the style that some people play. Some play like mafia

Who on the Universe's green Earth plays like mafia? Noone but the Jester. Are you a Jester?

Ah, quite a game, quite a game, but alas, Keese is my friend, we would never want to kill each other just yet!

Now that is the scummiest thing I've heard since Austin's first post in Idol Mafia and I knew he was scum.

If you want to inform people about a couble post you can just do EBMODP (Edit By Means Of Double Post), it's easier for people to notice it was a double post. ;)

Well I don't think the day should be very long on day one because there's really nothing to go off of, but from day two on I think one week is fine, ynless something happens and we want to lengthen the day/shorten the day. :>

y o y do u ignore mii? I know I'm not a colorful character and all, but srsly, two votes and you don't even respond to my logic?

Alright, here's my point of view.

Since when does taking a single point of view into account means bandwagoning? If it was like this then everyone would have to work by themselves and not care about other opinions at all. Also, why does it matter how fast I defended myself? I was browsing the forum when that happened. Now obviously I can't write something on the second as I am not always on the forum. So even if it took me days to respond this would still be considered right away, since I did it as soon as possible. Or should I have stood silent the whole time and get deemed as trying to keep a low profile? That way its a lose-lose situation. Plus as it was already mentioned that defence is a natural reaction. Plus you are really determined to get me killed. Trying to hide something? :huh:

Also here are the some of the most likely outcomes if one of us is killed. Now obviously, I know my role but I would write outcomes for both sides.

- I am legit and get killed. Most of the of the suspicion would come down on you, since you are the one that pushed it the most. Not the others.
- You are legit and get killed. Now as I defended myself, I would be the next prime target.
- I am a criminal and get killed. Good, one less Mafioso/Pirate. This also would mean that the townies should rely on you.
- You are killed. That would mean that you were trying to cast suspicion on me the whole time, and I may or may not be considered legit.

If both of us are from the town, that means that by this they just lost two members.
If both of us are criminals, that means that everything is set up and someone is making a sacrifice, so the other would appear clean and would receive less doubt next time.

Now, if this stalemate continue for long, I could change my vote to myself and when I am dead and revealed on which side I was, the people could use this piece of information in the days afterwards.

Good lord what a scum post. But that point has already been butchered enough. By the way, third point is totes wrong. Look to your last point for why.

Im not shore. The early game is hard for me at least. Out of your list Marshel and myself have acted the most scum like. Compared to every one who was acused though we have all acted the same accept HoT and gumball although I think they were jokeing around with it.

A scum that admits he is scum, I like it!

But good lord what awful spelling. You're going in my noob (not scum) category.

Considering it's the first day, I said earlier that there really isn't anything to go off of so I can't say who I think is suspicious yet. What we can basically only get on day one is an RVS lynch. I usually don't vote on day one because I don't find reason to.

STOP IGNORING MY WILL

I did notice something earlier on what Josh said regarding his means for voting Rainy. Now it does seem a bit odd that she's diverting from the RVS pattern there, giving off the "Let's not be hasty" message, as musicfan said, but I haven't really seen enough yet to justify the means for now.

THANK YOU

(ha ha, fun game :>)

Quite frankly, no. I don't find anyone above my suspicious bar right now, as nothing worthy has really happened.

And it's not that I don't want to be hasty, because we're bound to lynch a townie on the first day, there's almost no avoiding that. But I would rather wait for something obviously scumy and then I would vote on the first day. Right now nothing is popping out in my face.

I disagree. I have no idea if there's some third-party ***** club in this game, but if there is, that's a lot of scummy people. Didn't you say later though that you would rather vote for someone on the first day then no one? Or am I confusing that with someone else?

I wanna say like Annie's town

I feel like Annie's acting pro-town

Like maybe too pro-town

Like she's trying too hard to be pro-town

Like she's scum

Scum trying too hard to be pro-town

Just a feeling

Yes.

Yeah I did RV in quite a few of those games, but I really don't RV if I come later (as in like the third page and on). I tend to not want to RV on the third page or whatever because by then I'm more serious and I want to actually look for scum. Although I did say it's hard to hunt scum on day one because we really have nothing to go off of besides "too pro or anti town", but I mainly hold my votes until I see something I believe is worth my while to investigate. Right now I see Annie asking questions, people accusing of too pro town which leads to either pro town or pro mafia looking like town (pointless), other investigations of "no defense" "too defensive" and other bla.

I still don't trust your reasoning. I see what you're driving at, but regardless, there's still so little happening on page three that I can't imagine anything good coming of not RVing. So you're pretty much just sitting back and waiting, hiding in the dark like scum, is what I'm getting from this paragraph.

So yeah, although I don't like to vote a no lynch on day one because I actually think it's better to lynch someone then no one, because lynches get you somewhere (although I'd like to make them logically orriented, as in don't willy nilly it).

WAIT

THERE IT IS

I WAS RIGHT

SHIFTING FIRST DAY LYNCH LOGIC

SCUUUUUUUUM

It's okay, it's not your fault. :3 Just throwing in a little dry humor.

Anyway, I'm bored, so a list of people and what I think of them. :D (which seems to be a trend in this mafia. Hmm.)

Dracomajora Suspicious playstyle in general, so I don't want to jump to conclusions. Until I get more from him, I'd say 50/50.

musicfan Sketch sketch sketch, but then again he hasn't played much. Sacrificed himself in Viral's Police Mafia, if I remember correctly, in order to help others find out what sanity they are. (cue the Good Guy Greg meme. :P) I'mma go with a 55% Mafia.

Sirmat Came in late, how convenient. :P That being said, hasn't contributed much. I believe he has posted all of 2 times, neither of which had much substance considering they were both 1 liners. Not enough evidence, so 50/50.

Viral Maze Not seen too much of him, but it's early so I have confidence he'll show his (perhaps drunken) face later on. Again, not much so 50/50.

robow87 Have you even posted? I'm gonna go check. **after checking** Okay, yeah, you were the really confused/confusing guy. You haven't said much since that confusing spot, so I'm gonna straight up ask you: Who do you think is sketchy?

Thareous I remember you. You little rascal. :P Back in Idol Mafia you had me thinking you were really a good guy, so hopefully I don't get duped twice. (I'm an elephant. I never forget. AND I NEVER FORGIVE.) You've been analyzing, which I appreciate, but I still don't trust you fully because of IM... 55% mafia.

Keeseman Jumped on me after I made a light-hearted comment, which I have conveniently shoved under the proverbial table for now. You seem trustworthy enough, but I haven't heard from you in a while. Mind speaking up? :3 55% town

A Link In Time Not much from you. You have been analyzing, which is good, but nothing definite from you yet. I really can't tell, so 50/50.

LittleGumball YOU ARE SO SO SKETCH 100% SCUMBAG I'M VOTING FOR YOU

Heroine of Time As I said previously, you haven't been doing much. Speak up, please. 50/50

Mido Nothing scummy. Not much substance, either. 55% town, even though you DO have a history of mafia... who knows? Maybe you changed your scummy ways. :P

Annie I stated myself before. 55% mafia because you're so intense. ;-;

Raindrop14 As I said before, you also have a rep of being a very good player. (as in seeming to be town.) BM7 hasn't escaped my memory though, so I can't fully trust you. Your neutrality kind of worries me, so 55% mafia. (although I DO agree with you in saying that day 1 really isn't the best of times to be making hasty judgements.)

Josh Say something. :P 50/50

Darknut_Hunter Not much from you, but you were late, I think. You just posted a list, which is cool, but I can't really judge you yet. 50/50

Dan Dan is just Dan. Only 2 posts, I think, nothing scummy, nothing town-y. 50/50

The Marshal Defensiveness is good, but it's also bad. Not enough defense is bad. Too much defense is bad. The spotlight hasn't drifted away from you yet, but it probably will, so don't worry your little head yet. That being said, 55% scum, mainly because of the "no matter what happens I'm guilty" line, as if you assumed you would never escape suspicion. You know what they say when you assume. ;)

Keyshe You've been active since you joined, which is good, because it means I can get some dirt on you. ;) You seem helpful, and I really like the beginning of your entry post. (not the one about "oh noez I joined late" but the one after.) You seem decent, but what do I know? I trusted Rainy while lurking BM7, and I trusted Thareous in Idol Mafia until he was proven scum. Either way, 55% town, because you seem pretty trustworthy.

So pretty much everyone's either townie or scum, huh? I never would have guessed.

Additionally, if we're bringing up those who are relatively inactive like myself, what about Josh? He hasn't said much at all. Dan and Thareous are also with me and Josh as the least-active posters on the thread at two posts each, though I'll be at three after this.

Okay, I've got to admit, why on earth did this take so long? I hate to draw attention to myself because then I'll end up dead for some reason, but seriously? I make two posts on the second page, then disappear for 10 pages and nobody cares? You all reference everyone but me! This may be my ego, but hot damn why does nobody care that I looked like I was hiding?

ALIT.... did you really reference BM7? Oh the forbiden love.....

go away, you aren't even in this game

Rob I think you should vote for someone else, I'm as innocent as the virgin mary.

So considering that never happened, you're guilty right?

/atheism

I've been thinking about the inactive a bit, don't think we will get much out of them this day, which is a little worry some.
Dan and Josh seem to be the kind of players who are hard to read as they play around a lot, have either of them voted yet past RVSing?

I'm a child at heart, I know.

EBWODP:
http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/f111/pirates-mafia-curse-black-pearl-42600-4.html#post713674 I really think this is still an RVS.. so I guess that's a no.

It wasn't, I assure you.

Lol :P

Well, I don't think it'll be any use asking them the famous question. But I'll try.

Josh and Dan, who do you think is suspicious?

Raindrop. I am going to keep my vote on her because I thoroughly believe she is the scummiest person on this day so far. I'm labeling musicfan as new and inexperienced, the Marshal as possible scum (but I'll probably leave that for later), and Annie as possibly trying too hard.

This is Dan's first game.

It's always hard to tell what's up with Josh because he's always so trolly, silly, cute and huggable.

I love you too sexylexy.

Sorta. I mean, thats why I voted Rainy, for acting all townie-like and doing nothing. Good to see Josh was on the same page as me (for whatever that's worth)

It means everything. And nothing.

Josh
2 Posts

Seek not the number of posts, but the quality of the posts, young padawan.

So this should count for like 10 :p

I hate telling our power roles what to do (and hate it more when other people say it), but those are all great vig options. Especially Josh (<3), and Dan.

I swear to nothing if I get viged tonight I will find a power role next game and kill whoever killed me.

No matter if I'm scum or not.

A'ight. That is my post. Love it or leave it.

I'm still voting for Raindrop because I still find her more suspicious than anyone. If you disagree, feel free to yell at me.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Sorry about my lack of input today Annie. AP testing sucks but I had to study this afternoon/evening. Anyway, I thought I had stated my question to Marshal but I guess I hadn't. So here it is. I'd like an answer because the whole thing is still in my head.

Marshal, why did you defend yourself so early with such a long post when people were only really RVing and the bandwaggon really wasn't much of one. You were basically defending yourself from an attack from nobody. It wasn't necessarily a normal defense for the situation.

Also I do think Raj has some validity to his statements. Rainy definitely is a mafia trickster, able to play her role on the scum side well, and this seems like her playstyle all over again. I'd like to see what she has to say.

Anyway, I've got another AP test tomorrow and I'll be staying after school so I won't be able to get on till 5:00 PM EST at the earliest. Then again, this game is technically gonna be closed since Day 1 will most likely be over.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Hi, I'm back. Had to go stop scummy pirates from marauding Tortuga...again. Er, I mean reading all the way through where I left off. >_>

Basically people are quoting Rainy's posts from other games... Sorry, but I fail to see how that's entirely relevant from this game. ALIT said it best when he mentioned it's just her diction asserts she's scumhunting; conversely, her phrasing has gotten her into trouble in the past, and mostly due to misunderstanding if memory serves right. That's where we should be most concerned, by just keeping an eye on her wording and not misinterpret it, in this game at that. ;)

That aside, I'm getting a feeling that Town is getting led into voting for one of their own. Viral Maze rather spontaneously started encouraging the vote on Raindrop before ever elaborating on his actual suspicions. Now, that's either me confusing that scenario with pure instinct, or it's Viral pressing a lynch because he found an easy target. My intuition is somewhat solidified by this post:

I hate telling our power roles what to do (and hate it more when other people say it), but those are all great vig options. Especially Josh (<3), and Dan.

Viral's referring to a list that Annie had made of all the low posters at the time. He mentions two names in particular: Josh and Dan. Why are these names of the most interest to him? Viral, I hope to see some clarification on that.

Eduarda

Thareous, can I ask you why there is an unkillable bug on my screen?

I'll get more serious tomorrow and reply to everything. I feel myself getting hyper for some reason. Good night ^^

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend

I'll get more serious tomorrow and reply to everything. I feel myself getting hyper for some reason. Good night ^^

Good night. ^^

Although I believe you mentioned you'll be busy with something else starting tomorrow and will be less active for several days.

Maybe that was someone else. Short term memory problems...

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!

It's a deadly computer virus that I shall unleash on the person who kills me, should that happen. Its name is Billy.

And with that, sweet dreams. >:B

Eduarda

Although I believe you mentioned you'll be busy with something else starting tomorrow and will be less active for several days.

Maybe that was someone else. Short term memory problems...

Busy with something tomorrow? I think you're talking about when I thought I won't be able to make it back home in time before the day ends, but Marshal corrected me. If not, then I think you're getting confused. It was today that I was supposed to be busy, but I ignored my work and concentrated on Mafia... again :P Oh well. I'll catch up when it's night in the game :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom