• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Phantom Ganon's Purpose

I was confused about Phantom Ganon. Was use was he? He's one of the easiest boses in the three games he appears in. All you have to do is beat him at tennis. It's a good think Link plays "Wii Sports" all the time. :p

However he does how one power the other monsters don't have. Dispite being slashed with the Master Sword several times, he is not distroyed. Could Ganon have a more sinister purpose for his phantom than Link is aware of?

I came up with a theory. Ganon split his soul and used part of it to make Phantom Ganon. This means that, if his body was distroyed, he would still stay tethered to the living world because of Phantom Ganon. This may explain why Ganon has "died" so many times.

Ganondorf/Ganon is pretty much immortal due to having the Triforce of Power. Phantom Ganon is more along the lines of a spawn of Ganon. But yes it is actually proven that Ganon can possess bodies. Agahnim is also seen as a form of Phantom Ganon, he not only has the same moves but Ganon tells Link in ALttP that Agahnim was his alter ego.

Phantom Ganon was created by Ganon/dorf in OoT for whatever reason...but remember that once you beat Phantom Ganon in the Forest Temple, Ganon/dorf banishes him into the void, but later brings him back in TWW.
And yeah, he's pretty much a little servant.

a servant, yes, but he fights similarly to Ganondorf. The fight, beyond the horse part in OoT wasnt too different to the one in ganondorf's fight.

linkman8

True and Noble
A servant pretty much sums him up, but the Phantom Ganon is like a duplicate, yet weaker, version of Ganondorf that he sends around to guard places or attack Link.

actually, it may have been a sort of test. unlike the other dungeons, he seamed to be watching... maybe he was using phantom ganon to test link's ability as a new threat.

Ganondorf/Ganon is pretty much immortal due to having the Triforce of Power. Phantom Ganon is more along the lines of a spawn of Ganon. But yes it is actually proven that Ganon can possess bodies. Agahnim is also seen as a form of Phantom Ganon, he not only has the same moves but Ganon tells Link in ALttP that Agahnim was his alter ego.
But I'm presenting Phantom Ganon as an explaination for how Ganon could servive after he was seperated from the Triforce and killed. Twice.

Phantom Ganon was created by Ganon/dorf in OoT for whatever reason...but remember that once you beat Phantom Ganon in the Forest Temple, Ganon/dorf banishes him into the void, but later brings him back in TWW.
And yeah, he's pretty much a little servant.
I found out that Phantom Ganon is also in "Four Swords Adventure". So he has to predate the split in the timeline to exist in both. Unless "FSA" happened before "OoT", but that still means he exists in both timelines.

actually, it may have been a sort of test. unlike the other dungeons, he seamed to be watching... maybe he was using phantom ganon to test link's ability as a new threat.

I agree. You get that sense when listening to what Ganondorf says after you defeat the Phantom. Also, I don't believe the same Phantom Ganon is used in each game. It seems more logical that more were created, especially when Ganon banishes him to the void between worlds. Phantom Ganon wouldn't be "eternal", like the real Ganon seems to be, because he does not posses the Triforce of Power. He's just a clone.

Last edited:
G

Ganondorf11365

Yeah,I think the test thing was right.You did hear Ganondorf's voice after you beat Phantom Ganon in the Forest Temple of OoT.And then Ganondorf just banishes Phantom Ganon.So,it was pretty much like he was a servant or just a test.

T

Twilight warrior

Yeah he pretty much was a servant or a test Ganondorf said that he was just a useless creation when Link defeated him So I think he was a test.

Chris

It has been awhile...
Phantom Ganon is something ganondorf put together using the power of the triforce that he possess. Phantom Ganon cannot die because as being a phantom, he is already dead.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I was confused about Phantom Ganon. Was use was he? He's one of the easiest boses in the three games he appears in. All you have to do is beat him at tennis. It's a good think Link plays "Wii Sports" all the time. :p

However he does how one power the other monsters don't have. Dispite being slashed with the Master Sword several times, he is not distroyed. Could Ganon have a more sinister purpose for his phantom than Link is aware of?

I came up with a theory. Ganon split his soul and used part of it to make Phantom Ganon. This means that, if his body was distroyed, he would still stay tethered to the living world because of Phantom Ganon. This may explain why Ganon has "died" so many times.

That may just be. I always thought he was revived by his evil demonicness.

Zarom

The King

This kind of looks like Harry Potter, no? Think about it. Lord Voldemort splits his soul in 7 to stay alive... I tought it kind of looked like it.

Anyway, I don't agree at all with you. Phantom Ganon is just a creation of Ganondorf, he's not actually him. He's one of his numerous nasty monsters. :ganondorf: : :tektite: :wallmaster:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom