• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pet Peeves

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Another pet peeve of mine that is a major one for me is ignorance for Canadian culture. It really gets on my nerves when foreigners assume that we ride a moose to work or bathe in syrup or eat beaver for dinner. (exaggeration of course) We're really not like that. In fact, I've never seen a moose OR beaver in my life. Another thing is how people don't realize that Canada is the second largest country on Earth and that Canada is not freezing cold. In fact, right now the heat is scorching (and I live on the coast, where's it's cooler). One time my grandparents' taxi driver in Vegas heard that they were Canadians and he said "Wow, you might know my friend, he lives in Toronto." Canada has millions of people and he thinks it's a place where everyone knows each other.. I was also talking to this Australian on Omegle about the weather and he assumed it snowed all year round. He was shocked when I told him that where I live in Canada, it snows about 2 times a year and lasts for about a day before the rain turns it to slush the next day. He thought I was lying. It really annoys me. D: I know all the capitals of each state, why can't others learn something about us for once. :( I know it's not ALL people though.

Sometimes, that kind of ignorance is great, and can be used to your advantage. (See Talking to Americans)

Hrmmm... Let's see...
My major pet peeves are getting compliments from people I hate, people using improper grammar when speaking, overusing figurative language in writings, and people using boring fonts over-and-over again. Those are the biggest peeves I have, there are some others... but they don't annoy me as much.

Austin

Austin
Alright, two more things off the top of my head. One, people who try to shove birthday cake down your throat. Maybe I'm the only person on the forum like this, but I'm not a big fan of cake. Even in my early childhood I'd never eat cake, I've always found it too sweet and fillings. Anyway, the point is, today I found myself near a small office birthday party. Even though I didn't know anyone there they kept trying to force cake upon me. "Aww come on, don't you want any cake? You suuuuuuure? Come on, you totally do. How about now? How about a brownie? No? What about cake? Caaaaaaake.....". I wasn't being shy when I turned down the offer, I just didn't want any friggin' cake. And it's happened to me in the past multiple times as well.

Two, when you're in a room full of empty chairs, yet someone you don't know chooses the chair right next to you. It's creepy. It'd be understandable (but still annoying) if they did that to socialize or something, but if they do it and don't say a word, it's friggin' creepy.

Destiny

Single❒Taken❒Assassin✔
Dentists anoyy the piss out of me. It's like get your farking hands out of my mouth. I WILL END YOU. People stepping on the back of my shoe. People who don't know what they're talking about. I too, hate repeating myself. People who spazz out at me for being happy and nice all the time because I would rather not unleash my wrath or mope about all day. Braggarts. Oh, and smelly people and people's houses when they smell like cat pee. Keep your cats tidy D< I know I do. People who stick your their in your buisness. Random adults who think they have supreme control over all children because we are children.

I am Canadian too and I hate Ignorance of that. And your right, It is freaking hot right now.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
I generally dislike arrogant people. Sure I have pride and accomplishments, but I don't go around treating other people or their opinions as if they don't matter. When someone is being arrogant towards ME, however, that's when I get angry.

I also hate people who ask too many questions, especially when they first meet me. It just creeps me out... O.O

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
I also hate it when people try to force me to eat cake. I've never liked cake that much, or sweets in general. And I hate it when my Grandmother says that if I don't eat a buttload of food each and every day, that I'll die. I've never been a big eater, but I make sure to get my nutrients for the day. I hate it when people say I'm sick or whatever just because I don't eat a lot.

This one's silly, but I get annoyed when people add a 'U' to the word 'color', as in 'colour'. I know they're both correct spellings, but it just irritates me for some reason =/. Sometimes I think people just do it to sound intelligent. Same with spelling 'fairy' as 'faery'.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
Actually, the letter "u" is generally more prevalent in British spellings, generally wherever something ends in the letters "or" it is spelled "our." The same goes for "theater" versus "theatre" and "center" versus "centre." I figure this is because the United States House and Senate decided to pass a constitutional amendment to display their sovereignty from Britain by abandoning proper spelling. :P But I kid; seriously though, it is a difference in American spelling versus British spelling.

As for "faery," that is an archaic, Elizabethan spelling of the word "fairy."

Last edited:
One thing that gets to me is the squeaky sound that markers make. Kind of like scratching your fingers on a chalkboard. Ugh, just thinking about it makes me shudder

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
I can think of two things:

1. When people are playing music in their car so loud that you can hear them from a half a mile away. Seriously, there are kids doing there homework, parents dong there taxes, etc. HOW IS YOUR MUSIC THAT IMPORTANT!!!

2. Apparently whenever I say "I don't know" the words 'I' and 'don't' become lost when they're looking for the other person's ears and they think I just said 'no'.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
I am also extremely annoyed by all girly commercials.(Even though I am a girl) The next thing I am most annoyed with people is that some of them come up and tell you if they don't like your shoes or something. Finally, I hate it when people make opinions on the way you act or look.

G

gUtSLyOiR

Alright, so a couple things, mostly having to do with talking

Firstly, when i hear people say "im VERSING you in dodgeball" or "take this number, TIMES it by that number." it sounds so stupid, and its not even actual slang.
Secondly, when people use words like lol or rofl in real life... its kinda sad...
thirdly, on the internet when people go out of their way to t@1k l1k3 r3t4rdzzz.
and, also, the worst thing, which i see every day being in lowly grade 8: tools. 13 years old or younger, where the girls think that theyre grown women because they've began developing earlier, so they start dating the guys, which means awkwardly seeing a movie, where neither talks at all. im a fatass, and could never get a girl... like... ever. but that doesn't mean I want one, or feel the need for one... hell, ive got like 6 years before that kinda thing even becomes significant. I'm all for hanging out with girls at this age.. but... really?

thankyou very much for the opportunity to post my inner demons. i feel slightly less of a need to maim the majority of my classmates. ^_^

also, just anything that plays on HOT. i dont mind hip hop, but blatantly uninspried songs that are either "i disrespect women and have sex with several at any given moment" or "shes shaking her *** really nicely" or "i used to love you but now i dont and now we dont love each other and we're all sad"... that stuff is just crap.

well lets see, i can have a long list, i dont really want to explain them it would take forever
stupid drivers:people not using signals, not checking to see if im in the lane they are turning in, honking at me for no reason! (it happens) old people driving(sometimes)
people who dont do their job at work (drives me nuts)
when people say OMG or LOL in real life (yes they do it...)
txting me when im right beside you
when im on the phone with someone and they talk to a person who they are in the same room with (example my boyfriend talks to his brother when im on the phone with him like seriously you live with him!)
uhm... yeah there is more trust me but it would take much much to long to type out everything so there were a few quick things

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Guys being idiots in front of girls. It's just dumb lol! Well, being a guy I can understand that I'd want to impress my girl or a girl that I like, but would I really want to do a backflip off another guys back and break his AND my back just to slightly impress her? No.
Another wierd pet peeve is that when I have 2 bedcovers, I hate it when one bedsheet goes on this side more than the other. I like my bedsheets in synch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom