• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

People Making Fun of You for Playing Certain Games.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
I'm always being made fun off in Pokemon and Tekken.
Tekken because I always lose (Go figure) and I can't even use a finishing move quick enough.

In Pokemon, well Pokemon in General. :/ The reasons are the same os most people tell others. It's for kids. It's not man enough. <_<
How could it be not man enough?

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I get made fun of for playing the Legend of Zelda and Super Mario series. My school is over run with Call of Duty fans and those dudes are the ones that always drag me down about the games I play. A few in particular just come up into my group of friends and start to make fun of us. The Teachers don't care they want us to solve our own problems. I will never get down about it because they are ignorant they only play Call of Duty because it is realistic and it is an FPS. I don't really care but some of my friends get really depressed about it. I have tried to stop them but they don't listen so I will just keep playing my games and they can keep playing their CoD.

Pokemon, Pokemon, oh, and Pokemon.

That's probably the game I get the most backlash from in general. So much that way back when I was in 5th grade, I was practically being bullied every day. I've learned to stop caring and enjoy my Pokemon. I was there launch day for Black and White and will continue to be there for each major Pokemon release. Who cares if I don't enjoy Call of Duty as much as other people? Just because the games I play don't contain buckets of blood doesn't mean they're bad games. God, many video gamers are so narrow-minded it hurts.

Edit: Oh, and I'm pretty much teased for playing any game that has an anime/Japanese style.

CyborgElfStephanie

Just a loser loving Legend of Zelda and anime
There was a kid at school who likes Call of Duty, Grand Theft Auto, Minecraft, games for the Xbox in general. I had a Link hat on and said, "I feel stupid." He replied, "Yea your stupid
for liking Zelda." Right in my face. It did hurt. Most of my last year at a high school I was hiding the fact that I liked Zelda because I was new to their school and was afraid that they will
make fun of me for liking Zelda.

Twilight Princess Wallpaper.jpe

Friend made fun of me for playing Kirby

reminded him of the fact he plays Euphonium, the instrument that literally no orchestra has openings for

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I can't even mention the word "Zelda" to most of my IRL friends without them laughing and making fun. So I hide the fact that I play Zelda from virtually all of my IRL friends.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
**** em, I've given up on caring about what games I play. @Dan will be proud of me. I'll play whatever the **** I want and if you don't like it then good for you.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
often get hate for being a huge barbie horse adventure 2 player, but honestly at this point **** the haters, im a proud independent DARK MASTER that doesn't afraid of anything! :turkey:

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I remember some of my friends and I being made fun of for still playing Pokémon, but sometimes we'd turn it around. Make them feel weird for not playing Pokémon :P

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
How the hell did this thread become again after 5 friggin years? Someone went through 5 years worth of threads just to post?
NecromancerCover_Springborg.jpg

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
In high school I think people give others crap for playing certain games a lo. Once you get into University (or to that age) hardly anyone cares anymore though, hell, many of the games that were viewed as "uncool" in high school become "cool" again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom