• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pendio Mafia XI

I also think breadcrumbing is meh, and the fact that Fig only started breadcrumbing when people called them mafia is extra super meh.

I know that. That said, a healer is the most important player in the team due to be a main source of healing/reviving depending on the game (not mafia related). Which is why I'm saying again, I didn't want to claim, but Ragnarokio is persistent that they are right in me being scum.

This really isn't true. A doc has very little chance of actually having an effect, a weakened doc even more so. Your character can't even clear a single person if there is a shot blocked since you have two targets and won't know which was targeted.

Investigative roles are most important, followed probably by KP roles. Docs are fine, but most important player? No.

Fig

The Altruist
If there's another healer beside me that is potentially more effective than me, then I'll die for town as I stated earlier. If I'm the only healer and there's no other healing role around, then town is absolutely screwed. Claiming as the doc/healer is always the hardest gamble, especially when it's me considering I know the impotence of keeping doc alive, even though it is possible to win without the doctor at endgame.

the rules also says role PMs are not admissable as evidence, so disregard it i guess?
I think that means you can't post your own role PM, as is standard. Since this is a semi-open game though and all the roles have descriptions on the old games, I'd guess looking at those old role PMs is not breaking that rule.

I mean I've read none of the roles in the list but presumably there would be better healing roles to fake?

meh

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Doc is a low value role outside of specific contexts, and your role is lower value than a vanilla doc in those contexts. There are 13 players besides you. Assuming mafia hits randomly you have a 1/13 chance of preventing a kill. Assuming the game has four night phases, that means there's a less than 1/3 chance of you affecting the game at all, and even when you do its only a moderate impact.

Docs are more valuable when they're able to protect high-priority targets (ie: claimed cops) although in balanced setups mafia will have a way around this (ie: roleblockers or framers) and so in games by experienced hosts like pen they're unlikely to be exploitable in that way.

With that said If there is any other doctor in the game they should probably counterclaim, since its unlikely we have two. If nobody counters I'm inclined to believe your claim for now.

Fig

The Altruist
Doc is a low value role outside of specific contexts, and your role is lower value than a vanilla doc in those contexts. There are 13 players besides you. Assuming mafia hits randomly you have a 1/13 chance of preventing a kill. Assuming the game has four night phases, that means there's a less than 1/3 chance of you affecting the game at all, and even when you do its only a moderate impact.

Docs are more valuable when they're able to protect high-priority targets (ie: claimed cops) although in balanced setups mafia will have a way around this (ie: roleblockers or framers) and so in games by experienced hosts like pen they're unlikely to be exploitable in that way.

With that said If there is any other doctor in the game they should probably counterclaim, since its unlikely we have two. If nobody counters I'm inclined to believe your claim for now.
Well you only have 15 minutes to find someone who is willing to counterclaim.

Also @Seanzie I don't think an extension automatically means we have to use the time to vfr

although admittedly vfr-ing the inactives is probably good anyways? Gives context to future ti results and could maybe result in a cc

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
deadline is in a little over 2 hours

This really isn't true. A doc has very little chance of actually having an effect, a weakened doc even more so. Your character can't even clear a single person if there is a shot blocked since you have two targets and won't know which was targeted.

Investigative roles are most important, followed probably by KP roles. Docs are fine, but most important player? No.

Assuming the PMs in all of Pen 1 through "Pen Ten: The Omniverse" are all the exact same, It's possible that some roles can be used together.

Also @Seanzie I don't think an extension automatically means we have to use the time to vfr

although admittedly vfr-ing the inactives is probably good anyways? Gives context to future ti results and could maybe result in a cc
What does vfr mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom