• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Overwatch Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I don't know if I made it clear before, but I know literally nothing about Overwatch. I haven't a single clue what the plot is about (I think there is some sort of plot, at least).
From what I know, the game is basically just Team Fortress 2 (with Super Special Ultimate Moves That Are Unique To Each Character™). Not much plot to be had in a game like that imo.

So yeah people who are most likely to be in are Tracer, Mercy, Reaper, and Widowmaker. Assuming there are two mafia I would assume that they would be Reaper and Widowmaker.

Potential roles are Commuter (tracer), Doctor (mercy (I'm betting hardcore the doctor is Mercy unless it's the other healer but it's probably mercy)), and Inventor (this Junkrat dude I always hear about, he's chaotic so he could be anthing), if there's a Vigilante it might be McCree? (IT'S HIGH NOON)

That's really the most I can come up with, sorry friends :umu: I'm not familiar enough with anybody else.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
From what I know, the game is basically just Team Fortress 2 (with Super Special Ultimate Moves That Are Unique To Each Character™). Not much plot to be had in a game like that imo.

So yeah people who are most likely to be in are Tracer, Mercy, Reaper, and Widowmaker. Assuming there are two mafia I would assume that they would be Reaper and Widowmaker.

Potential roles are Commuter (tracer), Doctor (mercy (I'm betting hardcore the doctor is Mercy unless it's the other healer but it's probably mercy)), and Inventor (this Junkrat dude I always hear about, he's chaotic so he could be anthing), if there's a Vigilante it might be McCree? (IT'S HIGH NOON)

That's really the most I can come up with, sorry friends :umu: I'm not familiar enough with anybody else.

You know about as much as me, so I'd say it still helps. Overall, I think those help with character analysis. Considering there are attacks and people have Ults, I'm willing to bet some are pretty useful depending on what they are.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Why is that? Do you trust every other player and their opinion more than your own?

It's not that I necessarily trust others, but I'd rather see someone lynched than not. I haven't formulated any opinion on anyone else, so I am not gonna be strongly against anyone's lynch, especially a day 1 policy lynch.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Initially I was thinking I would attack an inactive if, at the end of the day, we have no target. But on the other hand, this is a very small game, with only a few characters who potentially have very strong abilities. Do we really need a full death on the first day? Might be better to just spread out damage instead of focusing on one person and immediately mislynching a useful ally.

I know everyone on ZD hates no lynches with a burning passion, and I understand why, but even a mafia kill in the night and players' reactions to it can give us something better to go on than lynching an inactive. I'm not necessarily saying this is the best strategy, but I wanted to suggest it.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Enemy turret sighted!

A Turret pops up and shoots Tristan for 34 damage. The turret can be attacked.

Tristan: 34 damage
RegalBryant: 51 damage

Has attacked: DekuNut
Has not attacked: the rest.

Day ends at 1:30 PM EST on Thursday, August 11th

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Oh, okay? This is interesting. Is this a common thing in Overwatch or can this be indicative of a certain character?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
It's probably someone's power. I have one that replaces my attack - this is probably the same thing. A stealth attack that probably deals more damage than a normal one would be my guess, and on Tristan obviously because he's been inactive.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
It's not that I necessarily trust others, but I'd rather see someone lynched than not. I haven't formulated any opinion on anyone else, so I am not gonna be strongly against anyone's lynch, especially a day 1 policy lynch.

I don't necessarily agree, but I can see where you're coming from.

Also, I assume the attack on Tristan was due to someone's power like Deku said.
I looked at the wiki and it seems like there are two characters that could have turrets. I'd rather not say who (even though its easy to figure out) on the chance that Mafia don't have fake claims, and thus would be informed of a character that is in game (thus informed which character is not a safe fake claim) if it is revealed, or alluded to who Mr. Turret is.

@Heroine of Time Does anyone stand out to you, currently? Not necessarily as scum, but someone who you'd like to get more out of before day's end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom