• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Overwatch Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mido

Version 1
2 is a good bet or 1 mafia and 1 3rd party.

I'm at work, so I can't exactly check, but how large is the Overwatch roster? 9 characters or more?

The Overwatch roster I believe totals somewhere in the early 20s, so I assume Libk chose some of the big guns to flesh out the roster for the game. As for the Overwatch faction, I cannot say.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon

I'm at work, so I can't exactly check, but how large is the Overwatch roster? 9 characters or more?
yeah there's hecktons of characters

Tracer is probably in because Tracer

Reaper is another memer that i'm aware of that is probably in

everyone else i'm not sure they're important enough to be in or i have no idea who they are

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Looking at the numbers, this game could be over Day 3 if we have only one kill per night, so I find a vig or SK unlikely. Just to add to that.

Mido

Version 1
The Dollhouse Mafia being the coolest one, I'd wager. :cool:

Oh wait, I realized now that you were not in Dollhouse! My apologies!

Looking at the numbers, this game could be over Day 3 if we have only one kill per night, so I find a vig or SK unlikely. Just to add to that.

If anything, there could be a potentially high damage/one shot kill role in this manner, but this remains to be seen, of course.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Yeah, I'd assume that there aren't really any roles that can kill every night outside of probably the mafia. There might be a one-shot vig like Mido suggested, but I doubt there's anything constant. I'd wager more of the night actions are attack based.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
I'm not Mercy but I'll be your waifu :bubsy:

Oh my :umu:

yeah there's hecktons of characters

Tracer is probably in because Tracer

Reaper is another memer that i'm aware of that is probably in

everyone else i'm not sure they're important enough to be in or i have no idea who they are

Yeah, I can see 2 vs 7 or 1v1v7

Betting Tracer, Reaper, and Widowmaker at the least. Those were the hyped pre-launch characters. But maybe Libk wants it to have some curveballs so who knows. I'm not super knowledgeable about the game, but I know enough.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
The one thing I dislike about these attack based mafia games; the inability to pressure vote... It's almost a hindrance.

@RegalBryant if this were a normal voting game, would you cast a pressure vote on a player based on their past play-style/meta and if so, on who?

For the sake of transparency, I'd probably place a preliminary vote on Heroine because she's notorious for being inactive >.> I'd like to think my vote and other's on her would encourage more posts from her.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
The one thing I dislike about these attack based mafia games; the inability to pressure vote... It's almost a hindrance.

@RegalBryant if this were a normal voting game, would you cast a pressure vote on a player based on their past play-style/meta and if so, on who?

For the sake of transparency, I'd probably place a preliminary vote on Heroine because she's notorious for being inactive >.> I'd like to think my vote and other's on her would encourage more posts from her.

This is something I've disliked about them as well. Despite the intensity behind attacking and making them count, losing a vote is detrimental. That being said, I'd be willing to follow an FoS system or pseudo vote in order to identify the best candidate for attacking. If I were to vote right now, it probably would only follow RVS, but I could see voting for Heroine because she does become inactive in games. If not, then Mido for similar reasons.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Just want to say I'll keep this in mind if I design a game with attacking in the future.
It has its pros, too, however. Forces people to be more careful and less willy nilly about their suspicions. Votes/attacks are more refined, and its easier to build cases against scum teams as scum is less likely (though still not 100% unlikely) to attack their own buds, especially earlier on.

Though, I may say, we should experiment with shorter days in these games. I think it may allow the game to be streamlined, and has less inactivity. Just food for thought.

@LittleGumball you've played Overwatch, right?

Mido

Version 1
This is something I've disliked about them as well. Despite the intensity behind attacking and making them count, losing a vote is detrimental. That being said, I'd be willing to follow an FoS system or pseudo vote in order to identify the best candidate for attacking. If I were to vote right now, it probably would only follow RVS, but I could see voting for Heroine because she does become inactive in games. If not, then Mido for similar reasons.

:(

Well, I suppose I did issue an ultimatum in that regard back in TF2!

Mido said:
Here's an ultimatum, guys: If I go inactive at any point, speedlynch me. It's time I fix the root of the problem once and for all! :cool:

This all being said, I'm in!

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...

If I were to vote right now, it probably would only follow RVS, but I could see voting for Heroine because she does become inactive in games. If not, then Mido for similar reasons.
Hah, thanks for the vote of confidence, guys. Not that I really blame you. I'm kind of hoping it'll be easier to stay caught up though when there are way fewer people in the game.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Just want to say I'll keep this in mind if I design a game with attacking in the future.

They have good aspects too. I think overall we're still getting used to games like this and to have 3 all at once is a big jump from never really doing it before.

:(

Well, I suppose I did issue an ultimatum in that regard back in TF2!
Hah, thanks for the vote of confidence, guys. Not that I really blame you. I'm kind of hoping it'll be easier to stay caught up though when there are way fewer people in the game.

Prove me wrong guys :bubsy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom