• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild One thing I'm concerned about.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I don't have a Wii U, so which console I buy to play the game comes totally down to price. If I can buy a Wii U to play the game for a decent price, that's what I'll do. If I'm forced to buy a brand new console to play it, I won't likely get a chance to play it for a few years. So I have a hard time believing that releasing it for the Wii U too is a bad idea, because both versions will sell well; people who can't afford the Switch will buy the Wii U version, and people who can afford the Switch may choose to go that route. Framerate doesn't make or break a game for me, and I still don't give two damns if the Wii U version is slightly slower. If Nintendo does truly cancel the Wii U version (which is unlikely, but you never know), I will lose most existing faith in them. Their fanbase will hate them, and they will have a harder time recovering than if they just release it on both consoles. So in the interest of everyone, and their success as a business, it'd be stupid for them to not release the game on both consoles.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
The Switch hurt the Switch's success. My plan was to get the Wii U version, but I may eventually get a Switch a year or two after the fact and the Switch version of BotW then if it's not already dead. If there is no WiiU version, I'm not getting it. Just like how I didn't get a New 3DS to play SNES virtual console games. If Nintendo wants to play dirty to force sales, then kindly leave me out of it; I'm not going to enable them. Before they pulled N3DS exclusives, I may have gotten one eventually but now, no, I will never get one.
I don't understand how console exclusives are dirty tactics. Xenoblade Chronicles 3D for example could not be played on a regular 3DS. I suppose you expect Skyrim HD and other such games for the Wii U as well?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
:fpalm: [sighs]

I don't think you people realize how much of a burden the Wii U version will be and/or why canceling the Wii U version is a logical and very beneficial business choice for Nintendo. You people just need to face the reality that Wii U failed and Nintendo doesn't want the Switch to fail too. The Switch is the only hope now of survival! There is no point on releasing another game for a system that is already dead weight on Nintendo's shoulders. Paper Mario Color Splash was the last game to release before production of the Wii U ended. The Wii U is officially dead! So, it is too late for BotW to make it on Wii U since releasing a game for a system that has been officially dead for months by then and has no new units being sold for that same length of time, is completely illogical! Especially the company making the game is going through money issues!

That said, Nintendo needs to focus on their now system for the sake of their future, not waste their time trying to please a bunch of whining fans who wanted the Wii U version that was promised to them. Don't mean to rub off offensive or anything, that's not at all my intention, but we have to face the reality that the Wii U is dead and the Wii U version being so inferior to the Switch version is what makes the Wii U version nothing but a weak pointless burden. I know it sucks to face that truth, I would love for Nintendo keep their promise and give us BotW as a Wii U exclusive game like it was supposed to be. But we have to accept the reality that sometimes plans change. And in the case, BotW just wasn't ready yet during the Wii U's time, not mention that BotW is too big of a game to run on the Wii U properly, hence the framerate issues.

So, it is for the best to push BotW onto the Switch as an exclusive for better and proper experience. Besides, getting the Wii U version and playing the Wii U version will only make people see the Switch version as the game they wanted. It'll only just be an even bigger middle finger to Wii U version desiring fans, convincing them that Nintendo doesn't care about them. It'll basically be like a laugh in the face to them! Releasing the Wii U version will only make the people who buy it want to cringe knowing that version they don't have is superior and much better than the one they do have! Especially to those who could not afford a Switch!

With that said, the people who buy the Wii U version, overtime, will either come to want the Switch version anyways, or worse, cringe! So there is literally no logical or moral point to release the Wii U version at this point. Pushing BotW onto the Switch as an exclusive will overtime motive people to want to save up money for the Switch and BotW. Especially the more they see of the Switch version and it is more beneficial for Nintendo than the Wii U version ever was. Which is why, I'm definitely getting the Switch and the Switch version of BotW because the Wii U version is so weak according to what a lot of people who've played the demo at E3 have been saying based on experience. Heck even people who haven't played the demo like myself have noticed the bad framerate (even though the framerate seemed fine to me :dry:...at least...at first anyways). So I will admit that I didn't really realize the framerate problem until people started to bring it up more. And I could think was my experience the the WW HD digital copy.

If the game has that bad a framerate problem that it even occurs when your playing the physical copy, then, I'm afraid I'd have to go with the better version on this one. Especially since it is literally common sense that the Switch version is the only version that is actually worth it, beneficially.

So that's why it would be best for Nintendo to just cancel the Wii U version cause it will only get in the way as a weak burden! Seriously people, would you rather have a game that is constantly slowing down as you play or a game that runs perfectly smooth, fluent, and clean, with no problem(s) at all? Which one sounds like common sense to you?
Cancelling the Wii U version isn't going to somehow make the Switch version better. Both versions of the game are already done, they have completed development and has been in localization, bug testing, and polishing since pre-E3 2016.

Give people the choice of whether they want to plunge into the Switch with a better version. But Wii U owners will still get their game

Mario Switch, Skyrim, and other titles will sell the switch to Wii U owners.

You are ignoring the fact that Nintendo is releasing the game on Wii U. It doesn't matter how many paragraphs you write, it doesn't matter how much it "makes sense(which it really doesn't)". The fact is that saying you won't like a game just because it's released on another platform is downright petty. It has nothing to do with the game itself.

Do you want the better version of the game? Go ahead and make the Switch. But some Wii U owners will be happy to finally get their game.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
Wow! I can't believe people are that SIMPLE minded and LOYAL to a DEAD console! The Wii U is DEAD! There is literally NO point on releasing a game for a DEAD console! Especially when the game is TOO big for said DEAD console to run properly without any problem.

Hope you all enjoy a REALLY DISAPPOINTING experience with BotW! Cause I all that you're gonna. You what! FINE! I guess I'll just buy the Switch and the Switch version of the game so that I can LAUGH SO HARD at all the LOYALISTS who picked the WEAK version!

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Wow! I can't believe people are that SIMPLE minded and LOYAL to a DEAD console! The Wii U is DEAD! There is literally NO point on releasing a game for a DEAD console! Especially when the game is TOO big for said DEAD console to run properly without any problem.

Hope you all enjoy a REALLY DISAPPOINTING experience with BotW! Cause I all that you're gonna. You what! FINE! I guess I'll just buy the Switch and the Switch version of the game so that I can LAUGH SO HARD at all the LOYALISTS who picked the WEAK version!
You go ahead and do that....

In the meantime, people will be enjoying their game: whether it has frame drops or not.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator

Calm down. There is need to get so worked up.

If they didn't release a Wii U version I'd be majorly pissed off and would probably avoid purchasing a Switch for a long time as a result. When purchasing the Wii U I expected there to be a new main series Zelda game for the console, so if they decided to cancel the Wii U version I'd be enjoying my PS4 instead of the Switch from now on. I'm sure lots of other people also hold Nintendo on thin ice right now or hold similar feelings. I'm almost at the point of not caring if they go software only if the Switch doesn't land well.

VitaTempusN92

Calm down. There is need to get so worked up.

If they didn't release a Wii U version I'd be majorly pissed off and would probably avoid purchasing a Switch for a long time as a result. When purchasing the Wii U I expected there to be a new main series Zelda game for the console, so if they decided to cancel the Wii U version I'd be enjoying my PS4 instead of the Switch from now on. I'm sure lots of other people also hold Nintendo on thin ice right now or hold similar feelings. I'm almost at the point of not caring if they go software only if the Switch doesn't land well.

I'd hate to burst your bubble, but BotW was never going to make it on the Wii U as an exclusive anyways. The game is too big to run properly without framerate drops. Unless you want Nintendo to water down and down size the game to fit on the Wii U, would could result in another delay anyways, there is no way that BotW can ever be a true Wii U game at this point. BotW is a Switch game and that's reality that you're gonna have to face! Now grow up!

Also, maybe if Nintendo would've made Hyrule Warriors be a main series game instead of spinoff, that would be Zelda U, then BotW can be Zelda Switch without problem, and then we wouldn't have to worry about this. Now would we? It's Hyrule Warriors being a spinoff game that was the problem, not BotW being a Switch game. No matter what, BotW was clearly meant for the next gen system after Wii U (in this case the Switch), or at least a stronger Wii U (which didn't happen in favor of the Switch). So literally, the only way BotW could've been a successful Wii U exclusive, is if it release exclusively for a stronger Wii U (New Wii U).

That said, since there is no New Wii U, there is no way to run the Wii U version without the framerate issues. Thus, the Wii U version should've at least been dropped much sooner. Wii U version is too weak a game there is no point. The Switch version is the way to go. If you don't like that, than just don't buy the game at all. If you can't accept the truth, then that your problem not mine.

In the meantime, people will be enjoying their game: whether it has frame drops or not.

It's funny to see that someone like you saying that you actually enjoy framerate drops. You really know how make smart people like me cringe. You know that? How anyone can actually love framerate drops so much more than no framerate issues at all is so beyond me. All this illogical nonsense is driving me nuts. If I was a computer, I'd probably crash.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I'd hate to burst your bubble, but BotW was never going to make it on the Wii U as an exclusive anyways. The game is too big to run properly without framerate drops. Unless you want Nintendo to water down and down size the game to fit on the Wii U, would could result in another delay anyways, there is no way that BotW can ever be a true Wii U game at this point. BotW is a Switch game and that's reality that you're gonna have to face! Now grow up!

At which point did I suggest it was ever going to be a Wii U exclusive? Grow up? Pfft.

Also, maybe if Nintendo would've made Hyrule Warriors be a main series game instead of spinoff, that would be Zelda U, then BotW can be Zelda Switch without problem, and then we wouldn't have to worry about this. Now would we? It's Hyrule Warriors being a spinoff game that was the problem, not BotW being a Switch game. No matter what, BotW was clearly meant for the next gen system after Wii U (in this case the Switch), or at least a stronger Wii U (which didn't happen in favor of the Switch). So literally, the only way BotW could've been a successful Wii U exclusive, is if it release exclusively for a stronger Wii U (New Wii U).

That said, since there is no New Wii U, there is no way to run the Wii U version without the framerate issues. Thus, the Wii U version should've at least been dropped much sooner. Wii U version is too weak a game there is no point. The Switch version is the way to go. If you don't like that, than just don't buy the game at all. If you can't accept the truth, then that your problem not mine.

Can't accept what truth? They've stated it's coming to Wii U. They won't cancel it at this point. Sure, the frame rate won't be as good but it'll still be playable.

It's funny to see that someone like you saying that you actually enjoy framerate drops. You really know how make smart people like me cringe. You know that? How anyone can actually love framerate drops so much more than no framerate issues at all is so beyond me. All this illogical nonsense is driving me nuts. If I was a computer, I'd probably crash.

When did he ever say he loves framerate drops? Take a step out of your bubble for a second and consider that maybe there is another reason people want the Wii U version. You seem to assume that everyone can just walk up to their backyard money tree and pull off some bills. Not everyone is privledged enough that they can afford to pay for a Switch if they've already spent hundreds of dollars on a Wii U. Adults on a tight budget, kids who have parents who are on a tight budget etc. That doesn't seem like "illogical noncence" to me. Even if there is framerate issues, in that situation I think that most people would prefer to play the game with them over not playing the game at all.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
At which point did I suggest it was ever going to be a Wii U exclusive? Grow up? Pfft.

Can't accept what truth? They've stated it's coming to Wii U. They won't cancel it at this point. Sure, the frame rate won't be as good but it'll still be playable.

When did he ever say he loves framerate drops? Take a step out of your bubble for a second and consider that maybe there is another reason people want the Wii U version. You seem to assume that everyone can just walk up to their backyard money tree and pull off some bills. Not everyone is privledged enough that they can afford to pay for a Switch if they've already spent hundreds of dollars on a Wii U. Adults on a tight budget, kids who have parents who are on a tight budget etc. That doesn't seem like "illogical noncence" to me. Even if there is framerate issues, in that situation I think that most people would prefer to play the game with them over not playing the game at all.
Jimmu said this very well, nothing needs to be said at these points.

But I must say @VitaTempusN92, if you are complaining this much about frame rate, you are a hypocrite as a Zelda fan.

Both OoT, and MM run at 20 FPS and it often dips even below that. Yet you have seemed to adore the game despite this, claiming to be the hero of time yes? Well, that has an even worse frame rate than BotW.

Not only that but WW, TP, WWHD, and TPHD has frame rate dips like BotW as well. However, we have all enjoyed it.

And when have I ever said I am happy about frame dips? Nor that I will even play the Wii U version of the game. I have stated multiple times that I will be playing BotW on the switch. But that doesn't mean I don't want to BotW to come that system.

VitaTempusN92

That's just it! I can't take anymore of this backlashing again! I came back because Zelda Universe people were being a pain, hoping change. But that's just it! I keep giving the two sites more and more chances in hopes of someday everyone finally learning to actually respect me for a change, but every time I do, I've already ended up with same thing. Disappointment. That's exactly the problem. I've been way too forgiving towards you people because, in case you people didn't realize by now, I actually happen to have a heart, with feelings and emotions, unlike most people on these forum sites.

No matter how many times I said I wouldn't come back, but yet I did. That is because I actually secretly CARE about you people! All I've ever done was only to just to simply try to get along with you people, be friends, have fun, and most importantly, be helpful. But no matter how many times I try to share my wisdom, you people always seem to love tearing it apart, making fun of it, and just completely ignore it like it doesn't count, like I'm stupid or something, out of complete and utter disrespect.

Well I'm getting sick and tired of that! That's not how you treat your fellow Zelda fans. Heck, that's not how treat anyone for that matter. All you people have ever done every single time I try to share some of my wisdom and opinions, is be so disrespectful and rude to me. Like, literally everything I post just goes in one eye and out the other. That's how it always is! No matter what I would post, you people would always just keep disagreeing with me, even if what I said was plausible. You people never seem to care about anything that I say as you keep showing me with such disrespect that it makes wanna cringe.

You people have no idea how many times I've been so infuriated at you all and others like you. So many times that I've lost count. Now I won't repeat myself again, when I said that releasing the Wii U version of BotW would be a mistake, I was not kidding. That is literally common logical sense! The Wii U is DEAD! D.E.A.D! DEAD! So for last freaking time, releasing a game on that system is pointless now! Production of Wii Us has ended, so anyone who doesn't yet have a Wii U that wants the Wii U version, may have to get a Switch and get the Switch version instead. This especially applies to kids with parent(s) who don't really order from online that much or really hardly ever get used systems. Have you ever thought about that? Apparently not.

This is the last time I am typing in this topic. Maybe even in this forum site all together if I see anymore ridiculous responses from people. And if that's the case, than this time WILL be for REAL! I'm not going to waste my time talking to people who totally disrespect me, my passion for the Zelda franchise and love for Nintendo, my knowledge, and my common sense of logic. You people don't seem to understand that only just want to see Nintendo and the Zelda franchise (as well some of their other franchises like Mario, Metroid, etc) succeed!

And as keep saying, the most logical and beneficial way for the Switch and BotW to be a success is if they cancel the Wii U version. The Wii U will only just be a burden. There is no point in Nintendo keeping the Wii U version as a thing and releasing it. It will only just get in the way. Don't you people get that? Apparently not!

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
If you're so smart, can you tell me what narcissism is?

Loz said it before, the Wii U version is done. They're in the manufacture and distribution stage now. They've already spent lots of money on the Wii U version and they won't back down now, even IF it'll benefit the Switch. It'll be bad buisness. And a century old buisness will do what they have to to avoid bad buisness.

It's also important to note a large group (at least 30-40%) will most likely get both versions (both Switch and Wii U, which I'll be doing) like a lot of people did when Twilight Princess released on both GCN and Wii.

Zachie

Moo
All I'm going to say on the subject, @VitaTempusN92 is that not everyone can afford a Switch, and so they'll be more likely to get a pre owned or refurbished Wii U, which will still likely be sold for at least a couple of years still. Frame drops will happen in a lot of games, and I guarantee you that a lot of people won't care as long as they can play a game that they've been waiting such a long time for.

Secondly, you talk a lot about wanting respect, but respect is earned, and it definitely isn't earned by yelling at people for wanting a game that was announced on the Wii U to be released on the Wii U. If you want us to respect you, then you need to respect us. Even as a moderator, I will straight up refuse to respect someone who won't do me the same in return.

That's it. Make of it as you will.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
That's just it! I can't take anymore of this backlashing again! I came back because Zelda Universe people were being a pain, hoping change. But that's just it! I keep giving the two sites more and more chances in hopes of someday everyone finally learning to actually respect me for a change, but every time I do, I've already ended up with same thing. Disappointment. That's exactly the problem. I've been way too forgiving towards you people because, in case you people didn't realize by now, I actually happen to have a heart, with feelings and emotions, unlike most people on these forum sites.
Perhaps people would respect you if you would respect other peoples ideas. Instead you form walls of text against people using your "logic" and when people point out holes in that, you threaten/leave the forums.
[quote[
No matter how many times I said I wouldn't come back, but yet I did. That is because I actually secretly CARE about you people! All I've ever done was only to just to simply try to get along with you people, be friends, have fun, and most importantly, be helpful. But no matter how many times I try to share my wisdom, you people always seem to love tearing it apart, making fun of it, and just completely ignore it like it doesn't count, like I'm stupid or something, out of complete and utter disrespect.
[/quote]
Your supposed "wisdom" of this subject is kind of mute. Breath of the Wild has finished development at least 6 months ago, and now it is being localized. There is absolutely nothing you can do it.
Well I'm getting sick and tired of that! That's not how you treat your fellow Zelda fans. Heck, that's not how treat anyone for that matter. All you people have ever done every single time I try to share some of my wisdom and opinions, is be so disrespectful and rude to me. Like, literally everything I post just goes in one eye and out the other. That's how it always is! No matter what I would post, you people would always just keep disagreeing with me, even if what I said was plausible. You people never seem to care about anything that I say as you keep showing me with such disrespect that it makes wanna cringe.
Oh no. People disagreeing with you? Man nobody should do that. There is a fine line between "disrespect" and pointing out logical fallacies and disagreeing with other people. You didn't even say was plausible. You literally said that if the game released on Wii U that you would not get the game. Now you are going on a crusade about how the game won't come to Wii U... When it clearly is. We have literally seen the game running on the Wii U 3 months(I hope) before launch.
You people have no idea how many times I've been so infuriated at you all and others like you. So many times that I've lost count. Now I won't repeat myself again, when I said that releasing the Wii U version of BotW would be a mistake, I was not kidding. That is literally common logical sense! The Wii U is DEAD! D.E.A.D! DEAD! So for last freaking time, releasing a game on that system is pointless now! Production of Wii Us has ended, so anyone who doesn't yet have a Wii U that wants the Wii U version, may have to get a Switch and get the Switch version instead. This especially applies to kids with parent(s) who don't really order from online that much or really hardly ever get used systems. Have you ever thought about that? Apparently not.
They are releasing the game because
A. Development has already finished
B. The Wii U userbase is so laughably small that the Wii U won't compete with Switch Sales
C. Nintendo already has already lucrative exclusives, such as Mario Switch to entice Wii U owners to get the Switch.

This is the last time I am typing in this topic. Maybe even in this forum site all together if I see anymore ridiculous responses from people. And if that's the case, than this time WILL be for REAL! I'm not going to waste my time talking to people who totally disrespect me, my passion for the Zelda franchise and love for Nintendo, my knowledge, and my common sense of logic. You people don't seem to understand that only just want to see Nintendo and the Zelda franchise (as well some of their other franchises like Mario, Metroid, etc) succeed!
'Kay. Obviously you, a random person on the internet, knows what is best for Nintendo with no actual facts nor statistics presented, and ignores the facts used to counter him, knows what is best for Nintendo/
And as keep saying, the most logical and beneficial way for the Switch and BotW to be a success is if they cancel the Wii U version. The Wii U will only just be a burden. There is no point in Nintendo keeping the Wii U version as a thing and releasing it. It will only just get in the way. Don't you people get that? Apparently not!
The Wii U version isn't going to hurt anything. Just like the GameCube didn't do anything to hurt the Wii. People will still buy BotW for the Switch. The Wii U version will not be hurting a thing just like how: TP on GC didn't hurt anything, Shadows of Mordor on PS3 didn't hurt anything, GTAV on PS3 didn't hurt anything, ect. ect.
In fact, we have years of statistics of successful consoles showing exactly why you are wrong, while you only bring your supposed "wisdom".

BotW is coming to Wii U. There is nothing you or I can do about it. That is fact.
http://www.zelda.com/breath-of-the-wild/

VitaTempusN92

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom