• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I don’t think anyone but Moe (Mikey) advocates for the opposite and wants for any of Roleplay/LL/Forum Games/Mafia to add to post counts.

I mean I'm not gonna make a fuss about it but I think it's dumb some sections don't count for posts. Post counts are just a number. They mean nothing. So why arbitrarily make some sections not count? I would personally like to see how many posts I have including mafia because that resembles the amount of time I've spent on this site. Every other site I've been on that has mafia makes it count towards post count (Bulba included). There's frankly no reason not to.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Our activity rankings would be worthless if we did that tho. I got 30 posts in a single day on forum games on Bulbagarden.

So?
Is someone who logs in once a year and posts 50 posts in that time more active than someone like me who logs in every day but mostly posts in mafia and occasionally outside of it.
Like you're still active playing forum games. You're still contributing to the site.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
This might already be an option but I only have one medal so I wasn't able to tell
Edit: profile>medals>sort
omg i love you
THANK YOU

Post counts are just a number. They mean nothing. So why arbitrarily make some sections not count?
I mean, this argument goes both ways right? If they're just numbers that mean nothing why not arbitrarily make sections not count?

And I kinda see where you coming from, but still.
Would a post count for these other sections be a solution? Although I'm not sure how viable that is.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I mean, this argument goes both ways right? If they're just numbers that mean nothing why not arbitrarily make sections not count?

And I kinda see where you coming from, but still.
Would a post count for these other sections be a solution? Although I'm not sure how viable that is.

I mean people wanting to see their accurate post count means more than people's rankings or whatever.

I think all sections should count yeah. Even Lorule Lounge. They're still posts. They should count towards your post count.

Gorozoron

wild ride
I mean people wanting to see their accurate post count means more than people's rankings or whatever.

I think all sections should count yeah. Even Lorule Lounge. They're still posts. They should count towards your post count.
but then someone could just spam. the post count wouldn't need to exist because any chump can just make a thread in LL and spam and get like a 1,000 posts in a day , we should only count posts that people actually put effort in not spam, spam doesn't contribute to the community

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
but then someone could just spam. the post count wouldn't need to exist because any chump can just make a thread in LL and spam and get like a 1,000 posts in a day , we should only count posts that people actually put effort in not spam, spam doesn't contribute to the community
I mean nothing is really stopping anyone from doing that in threads like "Which Song Are You Currently Listening To?" and "Things That Are on Your Mind", right? And these count to the post count despite not adding much to the community as a whole.

Just because someone could doesn't mean they will, probably.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer

Anyone who cares about post counts enough to spam is sad. But still what does it matter if they do? Oh boy they have a 1000 post count that they can't do anything with and everyone knows they're a sad person that only cares about an internet number enough to spam.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
Anyone who cares about post counts enough to spam is sad. But still what does it matter if they do? Oh boy they have a 1000 post count that they can't do anything with and everyone knows they're a sad person that only cares about an internet number enough to spam.
This is the correct take

Gorozoron

wild ride
Why have one in the first place if it's literally not to count the posts you make?

Also you just made 3 posts back to back in this thread that should have been one post. And because this section counts you got 3 posts added to your count for "spamming", which you're arguing against.
Well yeah whatever just saying why reward something pointless? yeah I mean all you get is useless internet points but still why get anything

Well yeah whatever just saying why reward something pointless? yeah I mean all you get is useless internet points but still why get anything
So I got a suggestion remove the post count related trophies since they're worthless

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I mean nothing is really stopping anyone from doing that in threads like "Which Song Are You Currently Listening To?" and "Things That Are on Your Mind", right? And these count to the post count despite not adding much to the community as a whole.

Just because someone could doesn't mean they will, probably.
Those threads technically have an unspoken double posting rule. If you post a song, we typically don't post another song 5 minutes later. It can be somewhat acceptable if there is a gap of a few hours and other people posted after you. Same applies to Things of your Mind.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom