• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I understand not wanting debate in a Life Advice thread and I get the removal of certain posts. But both mine and Fraxinus' posts were something we mentioned we originally thought about including in our original posts so they were direct replies to the topic. They may have came about in response to a different post, but I don't think they were necessarily a response to that post and meant to debate. Personally I someone seeing the original post which was out of line may feel worse about their situation if they don't see other encouraging posts that may have been prompted by the original (though not just direct dismissal of the original post looking to debate).
In that case I'll send each of you the text from the respective posts and you can choose whether or not it is relevant to make any necessary adjustments and post it as advice directly relating to the OP instead of in response to the deleted post.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
In that case I'll send each of you the text from the respective posts and you can choose whether or not it is relevant to make any necessary adjustments and post it as advice directly relating to the OP instead of in response to the deleted post.

Thanks. A mod already did so and I adjusted in a way I saw fit that hopefully is more in lines with not being part of a debate. That's mostly what I wanted to be an opportunity in the first place because I do care about helping people out and trying to counteract any harmful posts that may get to them. I appreciate that you saw my pov on the matter though, it means a lot!

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Wondering if it’s possible to fix the text colour above the selection wheel for inline moderation so that it’s legible. My eyes are so bad I don’t think I’ve ever realised that there was supposed to be text there before today.
rN86F15.jpg

Is there a way to edit the shoutbox addon's quote action so that it actually links to the user instead of just putting their name? Cuz it's a really annoying flaw that allows messages from ignored users to be shown if they're quoted by other users.

Wondering if it’s possible to fix the text colour above the selection wheel for inline moderation so that it’s legible. My eyes are so bad I don’t think I’ve ever realised that there was supposed to be text there before today.
rN86F15.jpg
I can't find this text to fix it, but my only inline moderation is the stuff on my blogs, so maybe I lack the permissions to see it. Jimmu may have to take a look. This is on Default Dark though, right?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
rN86F15.jpg

I think I've fixed this now so please let me know if it is still an issue.

Is there a way to edit the shoutbox addon's quote action so that it actually links to the user instead of just putting their name? Cuz it's a really annoying flaw that allows messages from ignored users to be shown if they're quoted by other users.

I'm not entirely sure what your exact meaning was with this but I was also getting annoyed by how when you click a username it just @s the person instead of linking to their profile so I've made it so that when you click someone's name it brings up their profile popup and when you click an @ symbol next to their name it quotes them instead. Hopefully people will find this solution useful and not too unsightly.

Is it possible to allow users to delete other users' replies to their blog threads or posts?

As of now, replies can be either moved or copied, but not deleted in any convenient way.

I've updated permissions so this should be possible from now.

I took a few pictures on my trip, and I was wondering if someone could consider starting a Photography competition. It's as much of an art form as drawing, writing, and music is, and I would love to see the wide ranges of unique pics people would take.

It's just a thought.

This is a great idea, I'll check with the CCs/volunteers to see if someone has seen this suggestion yet or not.
CC @Azure Sage and @Spiritual Mask Salesman

Maybe put the subforum Forum Tutorials and FAQs under Site Operations? It makes more sense to be there instead of Community imo.

I agree and this also makes my life easier so I have moved the section as per this suggestion.

Could there be a notification when a person whom you follow updates their status? And a option to turn it off if someone wants?

I can't see any simple implementation available for this at the moment and given that status updates are already shown in the sidebar of the index page (which also links to here) and there isn't a huge amount of status updates each day I think this isn't something I need to implement urgently as you can see recent updates through the homepage already easily enough.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
Is there some way to see exactly how many posts have been made within a certain timeframe? I can see all my posts from my profile, but it's kind of annoying to go through and count all of them within the month. If there isn't already a way to see that there should be, at least for ZD Champions and Legends to keep track and see if they've met the monthly requirements.

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Is there some way to see exactly how many posts have been made within a certain timeframe? I can see all my posts from my profile, but it's kind of annoying to go through and count all of them within the month. If there isn't already a way to see that there should be, at least for ZD Champions and Legends to keep track and see if they've met the monthly requirements.

If you tap the search button then go to advanced search, you can put your username in and the date you want to see your posts from, and then you’ll be able to see all the posts newer than that date you put in.

Gorozoron

wild ride
Could we add : at the end of the uh commands? for these emotes
:) :( :D and similar ones?
They're just really annoying because people usually want to use emoticons and these make them unable to do them correctly forcing people to type them like : ) : ( and that's just not the right way

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom