• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

This thread is where you, the Forum community, can post your ideas (or responses to other's ideas) about what you think we should do here at the forums or even at the various network sites. Our goal is to get a view of what our regular members here would like to see added, changed, or even removed from the sites or forums. Not all suggestions will be carried out, but they will be reviewed and taken into consideration by our staff members. Hopefully, this thread will prove beneficial to all those here at the forum. The only thing I ask is that the suggestions posted, as well as responses to those suggestions, are reasonable and serious. Also, make sure to include whether it is a suggestion for the sites or the forums.

Note: Please ensure suggestions given here are suggestions that impact on the forum and the community. Suggestions related to a personal matter should be directed to staff through private channels rather than posted here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
Hello forum and reviewers to the Zelda Dungeon community,
I've noticed that the setup for the new version of the layout, included a white and blue background. This background is a nice new addition, however, it makes for a fairly unpleasant forum experience. Some avatars and profile pictures seem like they are not compatable to the new changes. Many forums online have a plain and bland white backrounds for forums and threads. I think keeping simply just the old version's more subtle brown background keeps signatures and posts more vibrant and easy on the eyes.

*I'm not entirely sure if it was a computer bug on my part, but when I loaded the new layout, my avatar dissappeared.

* Thanks for listing the optional backgrounds below, I didn't notice them =p

Many Thanks,

Last edited:

Austin

Austin
Hello forum and reviewers to the Zelda Dungeon community,
I've noticed that the setup for the new version of the layout, included a white and blue background. This background is a nice new addition, however, it makes for a fairly unpleasant forum experience. Some avatars and profile pictures seem like they are not compatable to the new changes. Many forums online have a plain and bland white backrounds for forums and threads. I think keeping simply just the old version's more subtle brown background keeps signatures and posts more vibrant and easy on the eyes.

Many Thanks,

What do you mean by not compatible? Also, we do have a few themes you can choose at the bottom for the forums.

changeskin.png

Also, we may add more forum themes in the future. If you have a color preference for a forum theme, we would like to hear it. If you have any ideas for a plugin/addon, we do have a personal programmer/developer, and may add it if we find it to be beneficial.

This is from the Zelda Dungeon Forum FAQ:
Mases said:
There is a legend near the bottom of the site in the 'What's Going On' section. The Webmasters are the overlords over the Zelda Dungeon website. The Administrators are the ones in charge of ZD Forums. Super Moderators can moderate any section of the forum, as well as the Shoutbox. Moderators are in charge of making sure everything runs smoothly within the topic threads and the Shoutbox. Hylian Knights are distinguished members for being loyal forum users, or just simply great members of the community. Hylian Nobles are the highest ranking members of ZD Forums and are represented as the leaders of the forum community.

For more information on the Hylian Knight and Hylian Noble rankings, click the link below:

http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4572
Is the link referenced in this quote the thread that explains about the requirements for Hylian Knights and Nobles? Every time I click the link, it'll say I don't have the right permissions to view it. If it is, could the permissions be switched so regular members can view this information? This is assuming that regular members can't view it.

If not, then I think a thread about the requirements for Hylian Knights and Hylian Nobles should be somewhere in the forum. I've seen some regular members ask the higher ranked people on how to get the promotions and I feel a thread about it could prevent questions like that and/or any future spammy threads in the Community Forum section.

This is from the Zelda Dungeon Forum FAQ:

Is the link referenced in this quote the thread that explains about the requirements for Hylian Knights and Nobles? Every time I click the link, it'll say I don't have the right permissions to view it. If it is, could the permissions be switched so regular members can view this information? This is assuming that regular members can't view it.

If not, then I think a thread about the requirements for Hylian Knights and Hylian Nobles should be somewhere in the forum. I've seen some regular members ask the higher ranked people on how to get the promotions and I feel a thread about it could prevent questions like that and/or any future spammy threads in the Community Forum section.

Actually, that is in need of updating. The thread that did explain those requirements has since been deleted as those requirements have changed. Soon, we'll post a new thread with this same information. I'll go ahead and remove the link.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Maybe it doesn't matter, but I think the colors for the usergroups should be toned down. The Administrator red image isn't so bad, but the Hylian Noble green is very, very bright and hurts my eyes. Maybe just tone the green down a bit?

I have a suggestion for the site itself.

I was thinking maybe of a review system where users can submit their reviews for a Zelda game. If that's too much, maybe the staff should write the reviews.

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
Remeber when the old site would have posts and if you looked very closely there was a faint pattern or design as the background? I would like to see that back because all this white and blue seems... empty

LANZZ

Scarecrow
I'd like to see many upgrade and content add for the main site:-

1) 'Four Swords' (GBA) guides and walkthrough.

2) 'Four Swords Adventure' (GC) guides and walkthrough.

3) Spin-off and other Zelda games section.
- Link's Crossbow Training
- Navi Tracker
- Tingle's Balloon Fight DS
- Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
- Color Changing Tingle's Love Balloon Trip
- Too Much Tingle Pack
- BS The Legend of Zelda
- BS The Legend of Zelda: The Ancient Stone Tablets
- CD-I Zelda - Link: The Faces of Evil
- CD-I Zelda - Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon
- CD-I Zelda - Zelda's Adventure
- Zelda Game Watch
- Zelda Game & Watch

4) Fan Games section.
- http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?7710-Let-s-Trying-This-Game..........

5) Secret and easter egg page for every games.

I hope Zelda dungeon will have all of this in the future.... :)

:) PLEASE GIVE ME A FEEDBACK....

Last edited:

Austin

Austin
For the main site I think it would look better if the news was more towards the center, as opposed to the extreme left.

What do you mean exactly? The news & side bar are centered. Would it be too much to ask if you were to take a screen shot, open it in paint, and draw/point out what you mean exactly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom