• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Night Hut Mafia - The Treacherous Neighborhoods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
@Minish_Link, what is influencing your read of Bok in respect to this tidbit here:

I think I might have briefly mentioned it in one of my earlier posts, but it's mainly the fact that he proposed the same idea as Jamie at the same time (though Jamie posted it just slightly before him). Both of them brought up revealing the huts, which benefits town greatly. I could see Jamie doing that as a possible way to gain town credibility as scum, but his other actions still make me lean more town for him. Seeing as this is only Bok's second game and he was town in the first, I don't think he would be as likely to pull a move like that as scum to gain town credibility. Unless it was influenced by more experienced scum partners, but I don't think they would have had time to come up with that plan that quickly.

Like others, it's no surprise that one of the confirmed townies died. It's really unfortunate that we lost the Jailkeeper already though.

With the reveal of Tristan being scum, some things that Storm said at the beginning of the game stood out to me. Not sure what to make of it, but seems like it could be of interest.

I have a Town Read on you. and it's Strong. I'm feeling Libk in your Hood. In Bok's I'm not sure. In My Hood I'll probably be watching Karu, as I haven't played with her before

Storm said he had a "strong" town read on Jamie. That could be because he was mafia and knew for sure that Jamie is town. Or it could be mafia trying to distance themselves from each other. However, I've already stated that I have a town read on Jamie, so I feel like it could be the former.
He also stated that he felt Libk might be scum in Jamie's neighborhood with no reasoning to back it up. For his he said Karu, and gave a reasoning there, but we know now that she isn't. He didn't even try to guess for my neighborhood, so why just guess Libk for no reason if he wouldn't do the same for another hut?

that is true, but usually in these faction situations you get a feel from their disposition in the QT. I do not know how useful yours may be at this time, but based on the words in this game you have read, who do you feel?

actually Deku has Posted in your Hood. in fact he was first. that is 1 lie. and I was Ninja'd by The Deku, so the Question goes to you, Broham, Do you think Libk or Jamie is Scummy atm?
There was nothing of substance in that post, so it's not exactly a misstatement for his point, Storm. And why name just Jamie and Libk? Why not ask about Mido as well?
I don't feel confident about any of them yet. Hell only one of them has posted. I have no opinions on them as of yet.
I feel like im on an episode of "Intervention" but thats just me.

I dont really want to ask about Mido. It always seems to be the go to answer. And since My internet pooped off im going to bed. Go ahead and Bandwagon me if you want, Jamie. I forgive you

These three posts are really interesting as well. So first Storm says he feels like Libk is scum in Neighborhood 3. Then when he asks DekuNut who he feels is scum in that hut, he only mentions Jamie and Libk. One of which he says he has a strong town read and the other a scum read. But he fails to even mention Mido at all, which Deku points out. Which leads to the final quote, where Storm says he doesn't want to ask about Mido. That's a really strange thing to say.

Knowing that Storm was scum, would he possibly not want to ask about Mido because he was fellow scum? I'd also like to point out however, that although he does ask for Deku's opinion on who might be scum in Neighborhood 3, he never once brings up Deku's name when asking people who they are suspicious of in that hut and doesn't give a read for him either.

Maybe others who have played more games with Storm and know his play style better could give their opinions on this matter.

Pen

The game is on!
No Johnny! Nooooo! D: You will be missed.

Out of all the votes on Tristan yesterday I think Mido's was the most odd one. Seemed like a vote that a fellow Mafia member would place in hopes of gaining town credibility. Everyone else on Tristan's bandwagon yesterday are leaning Town for me.

Some of the things that Jamie and Minish just pointed out about Mido make me further suspicious of him.

Vote: Mido

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I think I might have briefly mentioned it in one of my earlier posts, but it's mainly the fact that he proposed the same idea as Jamie at the same time (though Jamie posted it just slightly before him). Both of them brought up revealing the huts, which benefits town greatly. I could see Jamie doing that as a possible way to gain town credibility as scum, but his other actions still make me lean more town for him. Seeing as this is only Bok's second game and he was town in the first, I don't think he would be as likely to pull a move like that as scum to gain town credibility. Unless it was influenced by more experienced scum partners, but I don't think they would have had time to come up with that plan that quickly.

Like others, it's no surprise that one of the confirmed townies died. It's really unfortunate that we lost the Jailkeeper already though.

With the reveal of Tristan being scum, some things that Storm said at the beginning of the game stood out to me. Not sure what to make of it, but seems like it could be of interest.

Storm said he had a "strong" town read on Jamie. That could be because he was mafia and knew for sure that Jamie is town. Or it could be mafia trying to distance themselves from each other. However, I've already stated that I have a town read on Jamie, so I feel like it could be the former.
He also stated that he felt Libk might be scum in Jamie's neighborhood with no reasoning to back it up. For his he said Karu, and gave a reasoning there, but we know now that she isn't. He didn't even try to guess for my neighborhood, so why just guess Libk for no reason if he wouldn't do the same for another hut?

These three posts are really interesting as well. So first Storm says he feels like Libk is scum in Neighborhood 3. Then when he asks DekuNut who he feels is scum in that hut, he only mentions Jamie and Libk. One of which he says he has a strong town read and the other a scum read. But he fails to even mention Mido at all, which Deku points out. Which leads to the final quote, where Storm says he doesn't want to ask about Mido. That's a really strange thing to say.

Knowing that Storm was scum, would he possibly not want to ask about Mido because he was fellow scum? I'd also like to point out however, that although he does ask for Deku's opinion on who might be scum in Neighborhood 3, he never once brings up Deku's name when asking people who they are suspicious of in that hut and doesn't give a read for him either.

Maybe others who have played more games with Storm and know his play style better could give their opinions on this matter.
Storm is impossible to read. Him saying he feels Libk is scum could be a tactic similar to one's he's used in previous games where he busses his buddies to gain credit. But him not mentioning Mido is also suspicious. To be honest, I don't feel we can gain much from reading him, but maybe that's just me.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Storm is impossible to read. Him saying he feels Libk is scum could be a tactic similar to one's he's used in previous games where he busses his buddies to gain credit. But him not mentioning Mido is also suspicious. To be honest, I don't feel we can gain much from reading him, but maybe that's just me.
No I agree with you. Storm is just far too crazy to get a read. I still can't believe he bussed his team and claimed cop in an open set up gane with 1 cop only.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer

I figured he might just be impossible to read, but wanted to point all of that out just in case. But your point about him having a scum read on Libk being similar to other games where he's bussed other maf is interesting and the type of info I was looking for on the matter. It was a thought I had, but I dunno, I'm still leaning town for Libk.

I agree that Mido's vote on Tristan does feel odd. He and DekuNut are the ones I've felt most suspicious of in that hut, but his vote along with what I pointed out make me feel more suspicious of him than Deku right now.

Vote: Mido

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
I have received an important question today about one of the roles in the game that I failed to clarify in the role PM.

Question: Will the hot potato disappear when the person holding the hot potato is killed?

Answer: No. The hot potato can only disappear when the same person receives the hot potato twice in the game.

Do not discuss this question in the thread. If you want more clarification, please PM me.

kokirion

Just like you. But cooler
Due to that final nugget, the last post I quoted, I'm leaning town with you and so I'm leaning scum on Deku, but I want to hear other people's opinions, especially @kokirion since he is of the belief that Libk is the scum in our neighbourhood.
Logically my opinion hasn't changed. To the contrary, storm/tristan flipped scum. Storm had similar opinions with Libk about things such as whether the neighbourhoods should be revealed and Storm also supported Libk when he disagreed with my proposal to focuss on one neighbourhood at the time. Storm flipped scum for quite similar reasons I accused Libk for (although I never accused Storm so far because he is so goddamn unpredictable, unlike Libk in my eyes), so that in fact only strengthens my suspicions about Libk. I'm actually a bit amazed that no one else of the currently leading players in the discussion group (like you Jamie) finds this any bit suspicious. Why was Storm suspicious but not Libk? To be fair, Storm is more of a wildcard than Libk, I'd say that evidence would even have a higher value against Libk than against Storm. I think it is strange that Libk gets away with things he says so easily, and makes me wonder whether he is being protected.

On to the next topic. About the Jamie-Mido conflict:

I was hesitant at first about Mido. I am very interested in his opinion about Jamie and I will await that. At first I found Jamie's vote to be just an OMGUS. But you bring forward a very credible point. Storm didn't mention him. Storm is a wild card, always, it is never really clear whether he is scum or not. But WHEN he is scum, he tends to leave a lot of trails. Now that we know he really was scum, doing such an archive research is very profitable. And You may have found good trail there. I will not yet vote for Mido, enough people are already voting for him to pressure him and there is no need to speedlynch him. Instead, I am really curious about his ideas about Jamie.

kokirion

This is a very scummy sentence though (especially the second half).

I do not rule out that Mido is currently being framed. I am suspicious of him, but the mafia got a heavy blow and if they still want to win they will HAVE to take control over the lynching process now. Mido could be linked to Storm so could just be an easy target, even if he flips town afterwards.

Mido started getting attacked when he said he was suspicious of someone else. I wonder if he would now also be attacked if he did not do that.
Anyway. I think some people are very quick to jump on the bandwagon. I am personally going to keep my options open, at least till he has given his own opinion.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Logically my opinion hasn't changed. To the contrary, storm/tristan flipped scum. Storm had similar opinions with Libk about things such as whether the neighbourhoods should be revealed and Storm also supported Libk when he disagreed with my proposal to focuss on one neighbourhood at the time. Storm flipped scum for quite similar reasons I accused Libk for (although I never accused Storm so far because he is so goddamn unpredictable, unlike Libk in my eyes), so that in fact only strengthens my suspicions about Libk. I'm actually a bit amazed that no one else of the currently leading players in the discussion group (like you Jamie) finds this any bit suspicious. Why was Storm suspicious but not Libk? To be fair, Storm is more of a wildcard than Libk, I'd say that evidence would even have a higher value against Libk than against Storm. I think it is strange that Libk gets away with things he says so easily, and makes me wonder whether he is being protected.

On to the next topic. About the Jamie-Mido conflict:

I was hesitant at first about Mido. I am very interested in his opinion about Jamie and I will await that. At first I found Jamie's vote to be just an OMGUS. But you bring forward a very credible point. Storm didn't mention him. Storm is a wild card, always, it is never really clear whether he is scum or not. But WHEN he is scum, he tends to leave a lot of trails. Now that we know he really was scum, doing such an archive research is very profitable. And You may have found good trail there. I will not yet vote for Mido, enough people are already voting for him to pressure him and there is no need to speedlynch him. Instead, I am really curious about his ideas about Jamie.
For an OMGUS it'd have to be a reactionary vote. I didn't even vote Mido and in fact said he had a town lean until I noticed he pointed out his Pendio post again which made me feel he was trying to gain town credibility.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
This is a very scummy sentence though (especially the second half).

I do not rule out that Mido is currently being framed. I am suspicious of him, but the mafia got a heavy blow and if they still want to win they will HAVE to take control over the lynching process now. Mido could be linked to Storm so could just be an easy target, even if he flips town afterwards.

Mido started getting attacked when he said he was suspicious of someone else. I wonder if he would now also be attacked if he did not do that.
Anyway. I think some people are very quick to jump on the bandwagon. I am personally going to keep my options open, at least till he has given his own opinion.

Not sure how that sentence is scummy. The first part was just agreement with what pretty much everyone else had posted about the night death. Which I don't think is weird because it was pretty much a given that everyone had already agreed would happen the day before. I can see where you're coming from about the second half, but it would be kinda risky if I were scum to be the first one to mention his role and how big of a blow it is to town that he died.

Who did Mido express suspicion towards before everyone started pointing out odd things about his posts?
I've been saying for a while now that I was suspicious of him (and DekuNut for that matter), and after Tristan flipping scum, more things stuck out to me. I'm open to hearing his opinion, and that might change things, but seeing as there's no majority lynch, I don't see the harm in voting already, especially since these days are so quick.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
I never disagreed with on you on focusing on one neighborhood at a time. All I was trying to do was get a clarification from you which you never gave. I explained how both strategies work out in worst case scenario for town and asked you if you thought we should spread our focus instead of just going one neighborhood at a time if mafia follows our strategy of one at a time. YOU YOURSELF SAID WE SHOULD DO THE OPPOSITE STRATEGY OF SCUM. All I was saying was that we needed to wait to see what mafia would do in order to know what strategy we should use. And you're taking that as disagreeing about a strategy that we honestly couldn't commit to until we knew how scum would play their night phase? That makes no sense to me.

The fact you said that we need to do the opposite of what scum is going to do, AND said we should focus on one neighborhood at a time as if you knew for sure scum would spread out, AND you said we shouldn't play adaptively, that doesn't sit right with me. Disagreeing with me about playing adaptively when you suggested we play the opposite strategy of scum, that's a contradiction. The only way to play opposite strategy of scum is to go through a night phase. There's no way you could know scum plans were to spread out unless you are scum and know their strategy.

Now that said, they have to focus on clearing out the confirmed. So are we going to play opposite their strategy now? Or are we going to clear another neighborhood out?

So yeah I agree Mido is a bit strange there as well, but I still stand by a koki lynch.

Vote: Kokirion

kokirion

For an OMGUS it'd have to be a reactionary vote. I didn't even vote Mido and in fact said he had a town lean until I noticed he pointed out his Pendio post again which made me feel he was trying to gain town credibility.
not necessarily. He said he didn't trust you. Whether he has an active vote or not is not so important.
Look. You have so far on my probably town list. Mido at the other hand, I agree with you that it is strange that he already accuses you without presented evidence. Why? He could've just as well waited till he had time to post everything at once. Now he is making you look suspicious with nothing to back it up.
however, I disagree with your point that he was saying that to you to gain town credit. Let's face it, you're not the most easy player to attack. You question people sharply and are not always super nuanced. I don't give a damn, but if I would be trying to gain town credit, I would NOT attack you. Adding to that that I think your position in the game is already rather strong, why the hell would Mido make you look suspicious to gain town credit? He is not an inexperienced player, he would not do that.
Nonetheless, I dislike his way of first accusing and later coming up with evidence. And Minish made a good point about possible links between Mido and Deku. But I am not going to vote Mido before he has made his point. And I do find your original vote an OMGUS, because Minish' point was not made yet back then. Your vote was based on him trying to gain town credit, but I find that a debatable claim. I can imagine him trying to get rid of you if he were scum, but not to gain town credit. So that you so quickly see that alone as evidence enough to vote for him, yes I think that is an OMGUS. but OMGUS is imo not a scum or town tell. I know plenty of good players who use it all the time, as a tactic to scare people away from targeting them. So I'm not saying that as an accusation that I do not trust you, but I do disagree with your vote at that time.

Not sure how that sentence is scummy. The first part was just agreement with what pretty much everyone else had posted about the night death. Which I don't think is weird because it was pretty much a given that everyone had already agreed would happen the day before. I can see where you're coming from about the second half, but it would be kinda risky if I were scum to be the first one to mention his role and how big of a blow it is to town that he died.

Who did Mido express suspicion towards before everyone started pointing out odd things about his posts?
I've been saying for a while now that I was suspicious of him (and DekuNut for that matter), and after Tristan flipping scum, more things stuck out to me. I'm open to hearing his opinion, and that might change things, but seeing as there's no majority lynch, I don't see the harm in voting already, especially since these days are so quick.
Mido was accusing Jamie, he said that Soosh's death made him think Jamie might not be town. But he did not yet present his evidence for that, so for now it is just an empty claim.

And about that sentence. Sometimes mafia members try so hard to look town that they make many such public claims, like "so said we lost our cop!! T.T". Not everyone who says that is scum, but scum more often tends to say that then town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom