• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Night Hut Mafia - The Treacherous Neighborhoods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
So like, it's not a night action. It's supposed to be at beginning of day 2. Idk. It's an odd one. I expected an attempt to skip day and get an extra kill and one more confirm town out of the way.
You realize this is an open setup...

Jamie

You realize this is an open setup...
Didn't even mean to post this. Was going to say like X player should be reading about these roles themselves etc but accidentally hit reply.

Jamie

Mido I don't see Johnny vaguely questioning my motives as a legitimate reason to hold any sort of suspicion against me after he dies. Especially since his thoughts would have likely changed after Tristan was revealed scum.

I feel like there's a lot of incriminating posts against you and even if some are wrong or misguided it is pretty overwhelming right now.

Jamie

Wait Minish_Link unvoted? Man I might be more tired than I thought.

D

Deleted member 14134

In his defense, sometimes such reads can come about. Perhaps I'm still sore about too-early reads and a bad vig shot spelling my end back in Avengers, but I'd like to argue they can happen (I'll be honest, I haven't quite examined the aforementioned reads since I've been slogging away on my more detailed thoughts of Jamie's plan).

Going back to Midos third post (which was a response to Dekus post saying how he has no idea how storm could have a read on Libk this early and his first post of substance) I noticed that Mido defended Storm about already having a read on Libk. Though unless there was any neighbourhood chat (which I strongly doubt since it was very early in the game) Libk had not made a single post yet so a read on him that early would be utterly impossible (unless he was scum which he turned out to be). I find the fact that he defended storms baseless read as a little suspicious.

I'm going to commit to a Tristan vote myself mainly because of Storm's earlier actions. I have seen some views in the thread about Tristan encouraging neighborhood discussion being scummy, but I can't say I'm quite sure about that being scummy in that of itself. I doubt scum would be so blatant about retrieving information in that manner. I think Tristan has made some interesting points, but early red flags lead me to this point, even if he himself did not raise them through his actions.

As others have pointed out already, I'm not sure why Mido voted so late in the day when Storm/Tristan already had 5 votes against him and the day was almost over. It does seem like it might of been a last minute attempt to join the bandwagon and gain some town credit after disappearing for most of the day after the first post of his I quoted. Why not vote earlier in the day then? He specifically says that "early red flags lead me to this point, even if he himself did not raise them through his actions." If his earlier actions were what convinced you why vote then instead of when it was already too late for him.

I'm going to commit to a Tristan vote myself mainly because of Storm's earlier actions. I have seen some views in the thread about Tristan encouraging neighborhood discussion being scummy, but I can't say I'm quite sure about that being scummy in that of itself. I doubt scum would be so blatant about retrieving information in that manner. I think Tristan has made some interesting points, but early red flags lead me to this point, even if he himself did not raise them through his actions.

This seems like a last minute attempt to distance himself from Storm possibly pretending that he doesn't know his alignment since Storm was already a sinking ship.

I'm going to post some more thoughts in abit about Mido but based off this and what I'll post shortly I'm getting a feeling that Mido is scum.

Vote Mido

I'd like to hear Dekus thoughts on the matter before the day ends as he is the only one in neighbourhood 3 yet to make a post today

Jamie

@Cslaught02 Where are you bro? If Mido wasn't such a stinky scum-boy I would be lynching the heck out of your inactive ass

D

Deleted member 14134

If your concern boils down to a lack of trust of Jamie, I can see your point, but I would nonetheless argue that Jamie's proposition does pose inherent disadvantages towards the anti-town factions since the plan entails a weeding-out process. Of course, this at face value does not account for the kicker that a mislynch presents given we only have so many opportunities (granted, this notion is sort of redundant).

Going back to Jamie, part of me does wonder whether the strategy proposal could be an attempt to not only gain potential town credit, but also use the proposed strategy to manipulate the town agenda? While I consider this, I ultimately find this unlikely at this time especially due to the strategy's systematic weeding-out mechanics. I don't think scum would want to risk posing something so potentially risky for the team if the town plays its cards right. This all being noted, Jamie's proposal does give me town vibes.

Haha I get it. As for Jamie, I'm not so worried about the fact that he revealed our hut, but just mildly wary of his motives, which at this point I'm willing to accept as well-intentioned.

I'm in agreement with both your assessments. Not too surprising that the Mafia would hunt down confirmed townies after Tristan's death confirming a neighborhood as town. Worked out even better for them given Johnny's role, which leaves our confirmed players sitting ducks at this point.

One thing I will point out is that I'm slightly less certain about my Jamie town read after Johnny's death among other small details.

To further support my vote on Mido I noticed that three times throughout the game that he has mentioned being suspicious towards Jamie without giving any real reasons. I think that this could be an attempt to try to turn some heads towards Jamie (and possibly away from Storm) as Jamie came out of the gate with a strong pro-town read and possibly a bigger (if not the biggest) threat to the mafia as he seemed to be scumhunting from the start. In regards to the last message I quoted of Midos it almost feels like he was hoping someone else would investigate Jamie and suggest something. Seeing how his argument towards Jamie turned out to be rather brief I don't see why he didn't suggest it immediately.

Pen

The game is on!
@Mido if you had to vote right now, who would you vote for and why? I understand if you might not have any strong suspicions but I would still like to know.

@Jamie do you have any suspects other than Mido and Cslaught02 at the moment?

@Libk what is your opinion on lynching Mido today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom