• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Night Hut Mafia - The Treacherous Neighborhoods

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
There was a lot of bustling around during the night as various members of the huts scrambled to decide what was in their best interests. As he walked through the streets, Johnny Sooshi was caught off guard by a single bullet that entered his skull. He perished on the spot. His job was to lock people up, but now he will be the one eternally guarded in the jail known as the graveyard.

Johnny Sooshi was the Town Jailkeeper.

The Living (10):

@Cslaught02
@DekuNut
@karu
@kokirion
@Libk
@Jamie
@Mido
@Minish_Link
@Pendio
@Prophecies About Bok Choy

The Dead (2):

Tristan (replaced Storm) - Mafia Strongman (1-shot) (lynched day 1)
Johnny Sooshi - Town Jailkeeper (killed night 1)

Day 2 begins!

Day 2 ends on Sunday, January 29th at 12 AM EST.

D

Deleted member 14134

Can't really say I'm too surprised that the kill was from neighbourhood 1 since the three remaining members are confirmed to be non-mafia. I suppose now we should decide which neighbourhood to focus on next. I'll be heading to bed soon but I'll post more thoughts in the morning or more likely when I get off of work tomorrow.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
As I figured, scum would go after the confirmed townies in Storm's neighbourhood. Well, that leaves as at this:
karu
Pendio

Prophecies About Bok Choy
Minish_Link
kokirion
Cslaught02

Jamie
Mido
DekuNut
Libk

He has hardly posted yet this game and I don't like it so
Vote: Cslaught02

Mido

Version 1
I'm in agreement with both your assessments. Not too surprising that the Mafia would hunt down confirmed townies after Tristan's death confirming a neighborhood as town. Worked out even better for them given Johnny's role, which leaves our confirmed players sitting ducks at this point.

One thing I will point out is that I'm slightly less certain about my Jamie town read after Johnny's death among other small details. I'll reflect on this in the meantime, but at this moment, I want to carry over some concerns from the previous day. Pendio's now a lack as town, so my previous statement no longer applies. I'll move on to number two:

@Minish_Link, what is influencing your read of Bok in respect to this tidbit here:

Minish_Link said:
Besides myself, Bok is the other person in my hut that I'm leaning town for, but it'd be nice to hear others thoughts.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Hello, mortals. I will be providing assistance until the game is over. Now, let's put our best foot forward! YEAH!

Jamie

One thing I will point out is that I'm slightly less certain about my Jamie town read after Johnny's death among other small details.
Why? This doesn't make any sense. I'd rather you reflected on this immediately, you seem to be dropping weird nuggets like this. You're just going to say you're not certain for something that is relatively unrelated? What does Johnny's death have to do with me, this is relatively nonsense. Just a couple examples of half-assed accusations

If your concern boils down to a lack of trust of Jamie, I can see your point, but I would nonetheless argue that Jamie's proposition does pose inherent disadvantages towards the anti-town factions since the plan entails a weeding-out process. Of course, this at face value does not account for the kicker that a mislynch presents given we only have so many opportunities (granted, this notion is sort of redundant).

Going back to Jamie, part of me does wonder whether the strategy proposal could be an attempt to not only gain potential town credit, but also use the proposed strategy to manipulate the town agenda? While I consider this, I ultimately find this unlikely at this time especially due to the strategy's systematic weeding-out mechanics. I don't think scum would want to risk posing something so potentially risky for the team if the town plays its cards right. This all being noted, Jamie's proposal does give me town vibes.
You defend me here--but not really. Half of the post is telling them how I could have an ulterior motive.

Why did you literally put a vote on Tristan in the waning minutes of the day? Doesn't that seem pretty fricken meaningless?

Highlighting this again really quickly, since this point came about primarily from this post:

Perhaps a simple disagreement in philosophy is motivating me here, but I find Pendio's mode of operation interesting since he previously voted Libk. Not quite sure what that quite means exactly, just throwing stuff at the wall. Of course, these specific wall-throwings hinge on Tristan's alignment.
Now this bit I can't make heads or tails of, though. Scum would know that Tristan is scum, and so would know that accusing Pendio doesn't really make much sense as Pendio would be cleared. You knew at this point that Tristan was going to die, especially since for some reason you flung a vote on him out of nowhere. I find it hard to believe this is a move scum would make, but there's 2 things:
1. It could have simply been a mistake
2. You are smart enough to make a play like this to gain town cred

I do find you have a history in games in general to make half-baked accusations so I'm not really sure what to make of all of this. Just that I don't like it when people play with no conviction.

Due to that final nugget, the last post I quoted, I'm leaning town with you and so I'm leaning scum on Deku, but I want to hear other people's opinions, especially @kokirion since he is of the belief that Libk is the scum in our neighbourhood.

Jamie

Oh, I also don't like how Deku voted for Storm right after me like that. It stinks a little bit.

Jamie

Pendio's now a lack as town, so my previous statement no longer applies. I'll move on to number two:
Okay, now I really really don't like this. I thought your post about Pendio was townie before but the fact that you brought it up even knowing it's irrelevant makes me feel like you were pretending you didn't know Tristan's alignment to gain town cred. This is really, really bad for me. Don't like you pointing this out at all.
Unvote
Vote: Mido

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Unvote

I saw he just got another vote and I haven't read all the pages yet, so this is the best action for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom