• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Night Hut Mafia - The Treacherous Neighborhoods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
****. Guys I was actually on Storm's side with this one and I'm actually really disappointed in how this has gone thus far. Now I don't think we should have kept neighborhoods hidden forever, but I don't think there was need to put the info out quite yet. This game is supposed to be about internal investigation into our huts, and the way I saw it revealing our hut mates makes the internal investigation more difficult. I would have liked to keep that information secret until we hit scum, then the hut mates in that scum's group come forward. But I guess that doesn't matter too much now. Idk. It just seems that we could have used our chats with neighborhood more effectively but now it just seems they are ways to confirm players and now ultimately don't matter as much. It just seems against the flavor of the game and honestly I don't like how quick Jamie was to propose the idea nor that he then did so within an hour into the game and also did so without clearing it with his own hut.
This is bullcrap. Scum would have already shared their huts. We don't have any internal investigation advantage by not sharing our huts publicly if scum knows who is in everyone's hut.

Explain using actual logic and reason where the advantage is to keeping our huts hidden. All I can see is that the Mafia has extra information that we don't, information that's extremely helpful for us. Here are all the ways:

1. If scum dies, everyone in their neighbourhood is cleared
2. If enough town dies in 1 neighbourhood, it's very easy to determine who is scum
3. If two people are acting close and they are in the same neighbourhood you know for certain they are not scumbuddies

It's just nonsense to say we'd have some special internal investigation. Again, explain with logic and reason why this is the case. Because that just sounds like nonsense. Me knowing that storm and Johnny share a hut does not inhibit my ability to find out which of you, DekuNut and Mido are scum. It's not even related.

Jamie

****. Guys I was actually on Storm's side with this one and I'm actually really disappointed in how this has gone thus far. Now I don't think we should have kept neighborhoods hidden forever, but I don't think there was need to put the info out quite yet. This game is supposed to be about internal investigation into our huts, and the way I saw it revealing our hut mates makes the internal investigation more difficult. I would have liked to keep that information secret until we hit scum, then the hut mates in that scum's group come forward. But I guess that doesn't matter too much now. Idk. It just seems that we could have used our chats with neighborhood more effectively but now it just seems they are ways to confirm players and now ultimately don't matter as much. It just seems against the flavor of the game and honestly I don't like how quick Jamie was to propose the idea nor that he then did so within an hour into the game and also did so without clearing it with his own hut.
Also why do you not want easy ways to clear players? Who gives a **** about the games flavour? I'm here to win. I'm here to kill all of the scum and win the game. And I'll manipulate what I can to get the win.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer

I just don't see how keeping that information hidden would help town any. Mafia will already have that info. There's no way they wouldn't tell each other who is in their neighborhood. Not revealing puts town at a disadvantage, information wise. Plus it'll actually help with internal investigation. Now we can look at the interactions between certain players, and compare it with who is in which neighborhood, which can give us information.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Okay. Jamie. I know youre going through a lot right now Take a step back and breathe. Drink a glass of water. We're here for you. I do agree with your logic, im just not sure you implimented it in the best way. We have to work together to find the Scum. Will you help us?

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
Also why do you not want easy ways to clear players? Who gives a **** about the games flavour? I'm here to win. I'm here to kill all of the scum and win the game. And I'll manipulate what I can to get the win.
I actually really think this raises a flag. I never said I don't want an easy way to clear players. I even said I thought hut mates should come forward once their scum mate was killed, thus clearing them. By revealing ourselves we've eliminated the need to talk to each other outside of the game thread because now there's really no incentive to.

Also, now mafia are probably more likely to make sure they kill everyone in a hut before they let their scum bud die in a hut to avoid giving information. Where as if we waited to reveal until death of a scum, suddenly we have a bunch of confirmed townies that mafia now have to deal with. I think this works out in their favor more.

Storm

Also why do you not want easy ways to clear players? Who gives a **** about the games flavour?

You see. A flavor is what makes a game fun to play. Without flavour, why even bother?

Its not about if you win or lose, its how you Lost The Game

Jamie

I actually really think this raises a flag. I never said I don't want an easy way to clear players. I even said I thought hut mates should come forward once their scum mate was killed, thus clearing them. By revealing ourselves we've eliminated the need to talk to each other outside of the game thread because now there's really no incentive to.

Also, now mafia are probably more likely to make sure they kill everyone in a hut before they let their scum bud die in a hut to avoid giving information. Where as if we waited to reveal until death of a scum, suddenly we have a bunch of confirmed townies that mafia now have to deal with. I think this works out in their favor more.
Mafia don't control when their scum bud dies. We do. Even if they did control it, it's no different now. If I'm Mafia, I'm assuming the town does what you say they would do if I die: they all come out and say they were in that player's hut so they are confirmed town. Scum knows who is in what hut. So it's the same then, they still have to kill all the town before one of them dies lest they give information after, as you suggested, all of the hut mates come out and are cleared. Literally how is it any different to come out before or afterwards? It's the exact same result. I really hope I won't have to make this clearer. Only difference is we also have the other 2 positives I listed, where we know 2 neighbours can't be scumbuds and we know if a town member dies there's an increased chance of scum for each person in their neighbourhood.

How is there no incentive to talk outside the game thread? Theres still a night period. Or rather, how was there an advantage prior to now? What's the advantage of talking in the private chat that we don't have now? That's just nonsense.

You are advocating less information for the town and saying that works in the scum's favour. That makes no sense. Let me reiterate from the top:

If we don't reveal now and a Mafia member dies, their hut members will come out. Either way, it's the same result. Confirmed townies. However, there are other advantages that I listed to having the huts be public.

There is never ever a time where more information = bad, that's just pure illogical nonsense and I think you really need to think it through again because I think you are factually wrong on this one.

Jamie

You see. A flavor is what makes a game fun to play. Without flavour, why even bother?

Its not about if you win or lose, its how you Lost The Game
No, it's about if you win or lose.

Jamie

Okay. Jamie. I know youre going through a lot right now Take a step back and breathe. Drink a glass of water. We're here for you. I do agree with your logic, im just not sure you implimented it in the best way. We have to work together to find the Scum. Will you help us?
I'm not talking to you in this game if you are going to be patronizing.

Storm

Not patronizing. Im Honestly concerned. You sound a bit angrier than usual. Your logic does check out. It always does.

Why do you play if you dont find this fun?

Jamie

Not patronizing. Im Honestly concerned. You sound a bit angrier than usual. Your logic does check out. It always does.

Why do you play if you dont find this fun?
I do find it fun, but I want to win.

Not angry at all, just find it frustrating when I believe I have very good logic and am right about something and others disagree, because if I am actually right, then all this back and forth is just counterproductive.

Storm

Yes

a b c d =1
If a=bad, bcd=good

Can I ask who you think is scum in your hood yet? All your mates Posted

Jamie

Yes

a b c d =1
If a=bad, bcd=good

Can I ask who you think is scum in your hood yet? All your mates Posted
I have it between DekuNut and Mido. Can't imagine scum would actually come out as passionately as Libk did about that.

Jamie

Bcd = good? So good*bad=1? I don't get your equation lol

Storm

Thank you.

If you find the bad apple in the box, the other apples are confirmed good

Perhaps we should wait til more people post. I mean none of my mates have Posted yet, abd they might have a lot to say. Especially Pen... Who's at work. Or Karu, probably getting ready for school, abd we cant forget Jonboy Sooshi. Doing what he do.

Vote count stays at me with 4 votes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom