• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Night Hut Mafia - The Treacherous Neighborhoods

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
The question is open. you Feel I am Scummy. scummy enough to land a vote. Buena. @Jamie looking at your Hood, who do you feel is the Scummiest?

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
If you have a personal problem with me, you have my skype, you can always PM, or we could ruin another game by going back and forth with the posts.

I have a Town Read on you. and it's Strong. I'm feeling Libk in your Hood. In Bok's I'm not sure. In My Hood I'll probably be watching Karu, as I haven't played with her before
Why Libk? He hasn't even made a post.

Storm

For Reference

Storm
karu
Pendio
Johnny Sooshi

Prophecies About Bok Choy
Minish_Link
kokirion
Cslaught02

Jamie
Mido
DekuNut
Libk

As long as I'm alive I'll try to consistently update this list as the game goes on.

you and your Damn lists :bubsy:

Jamie

The question is open. you Feel I am Scummy. scummy enough to land a vote. Buena. @Jamie looking at your Hood, who do you feel is the Scummiest?
Nobody. No one has posted.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Can confirm what Jamie said. Those are indeed the four in our 'hood.
Vote: Storm
His reasons for not wanting to reveal neighbors are amateurish at best, and I have no idea how he could have townreads or scumreads already. And also I don't know how he could expect Jamie to have a suggestion out of our neighbrohood (purposeful mispelling) when only he has posted from our crew (well, I did, but there was no substance in that).
Storm, I don't think anyone is having personal beef with you right now. That is a legit scummy line of posts. It's possibly beef if there's nothing behind it, but you're the only one we have anything behind.

Storm

Why Libk? He hasn't even made a post.
that is true, but usually in these faction situations you get a feel from their disposition in the QT. I do not know how useful yours may be at this time, but based on the words in this game you have read, who do you feel?
Nobody. No one has posted.
actually Deku has Posted in your Hood. in fact he was first. that is 1 lie. and I was Ninja'd by The Deku, so the Question goes to you, Broham, Do you think Libk or Jamie is Scummy atm?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
There was nothing of substance in that post, so it's not exactly a misstatement for his point, Storm. And why name just Jamie and Libk? Why not ask about Mido as well?
I don't feel confident about any of them yet. Hell only one of them has posted. I have no opinions on them as of yet.

Jamie

I feel like I'm on an episode of Punked.

Storm

I feel like im on an episode of "Intervention" but thats just me.

I dont really want to ask about Mido. It always seems to be the go to answer. And since My internet pooped off im going to bed. Go ahead and Bandwagon me if you want, Jamie. I forgive you

Mido

Version 1
I disagree with this. what if you're Scum? you could frame anybody and be dishonest about your hood just as easily as anyone else can. sure we have 3 other people to corroborate we arein fact in their house, but confusion is the game and frankly I'm not quite Sure I should Trust you. for All I know, you're the Asshole

If your concern boils down to a lack of trust of Jamie, I can see your point, but I would nonetheless argue that Jamie's proposition does pose inherent disadvantages towards the anti-town factions since the plan entails a weeding-out process. Of course, this at face value does not account for the kicker that a mislynch presents given we only have so many opportunities (granted, this notion is sort of redundant).

Going back to Jamie, part of me does wonder whether the strategy proposal could be an attempt to not only gain potential town credit, but also use the proposed strategy to manipulate the town agenda? While I consider this, I ultimately find this unlikely at this time especially due to the strategy's systematic weeding-out mechanics. I don't think scum would want to risk posing something so potentially risky for the team if the town plays its cards right. This all being noted, Jamie's proposal does give me town vibes.

Can confirm what Jamie said. Those are indeed the four in our 'hood.
His reasons for not wanting to reveal neighbors are amateurish at best, and I have no idea how he could have townreads or scumreads already. And also I don't know how he could expect Jamie to have a suggestion out of our neighbrohood (purposeful mispelling) when only he has posted from our crew (well, I did, but there was no substance in that).

In his defense, sometimes such reads can come about. Perhaps I'm still sore about too-early reads and a bad vig shot spelling my end back in Avengers, but I'd like to argue they can happen (I'll be honest, I haven't quite examined the aforementioned reads since I've been slogging away on my more detailed thoughts of Jamie's plan).

Reflecting on this current discourse, I find the disagreement itself with Jamie's proposal raises red flags alone if my thoughts on the situation are correct. Given these circumstances, I'm done with my bi-gamely failed speedlynch attempt.

Unvote

I need to catch some Z's, so I'll reassess the situation in the morning.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
The idea to reveal the towns was a great one. It'll certainly help the town out later on. Plus, scum will already know who's in each others towns so it puts everyone on a level playing field. Seeing as Jamie proposed the idea and Bok seemed to also propose the same at the same time, those two have a slight town lean to them at the moment. Though as Mido pointed out, it could be scum strategy to gain town trust. Seeing as it's extremely helpful for town, I'll take it as town trying to help town for now, unless they do something to prove otherwise.

On that note, I do have to agree with others that Storm's disagreement with the idea and his actions afterword do seem a bit scummy.

I disagree with this. what if you're Scum? you could frame anybody and be dishonest about your hood just as easily as anyone else can. sure we have 3 other people to corroborate we arein fact in their house, but confusion is the game and frankly I'm not quite Sure I should Trust you. for All I know, you're the Asshole

This part really stood out to me. Confusion is the game for scum, but certainly not for town. Also, the reasoning for not revealing doesn't make sense. He points out that we'd have 3 other people to corroborate that the neighborhood lists are in fact true, but then still doesn't trust it? There would be no reason not to trust it, because we know for sure there are 3 town in each neighborhood who would absolutely point out if the lists were wrong.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I understand what you're saying Mido, but my vote stays. Scum no doubt would have shared their neighborhoods even if we hadn't, and that would just be more information that they would have that we would not. For me it's less the disagreement and more what not sharing would lead us to.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
****. Guys I was actually on Storm's side with this one and I'm actually really disappointed in how this has gone thus far. Now I don't think we should have kept neighborhoods hidden forever, but I don't think there was need to put the info out quite yet. This game is supposed to be about internal investigation into our huts, and the way I saw it revealing our hut mates makes the internal investigation more difficult. I would have liked to keep that information secret until we hit scum, then the hut mates in that scum's group come forward. But I guess that doesn't matter too much now. Idk. It just seems that we could have used our chats with neighborhood more effectively but now it just seems they are ways to confirm players and now ultimately don't matter as much. It just seems against the flavor of the game and honestly I don't like how quick Jamie was to propose the idea nor that he then did so within an hour into the game and also did so without clearing it with his own hut.

Storm

****. Guys I was actually on Storm's side with this one and I'm actually really disappointed in how this has gone thus far. Now I don't think we should have kept neighborhoods hidden forever, but I don't think there was need to put the info out quite yet. This game is supposed to be about internal investigation into our huts, and the way I saw it revealing our hut mates makes the internal investigation more difficult. I would have liked to keep that information secret until we hit scum, then the hut mates in that scum's group come forward. But I guess that doesn't matter too much now. Idk. It just seems that we could have used our chats with neighborhood more effectively but now it just seems they are ways to confirm players and now ultimately don't matter as much. It just seems against the flavor of the game and honestly I don't like how quick Jamie was to propose the idea nor that he then did so within an hour into the game and also did so without clearing it with his own hut.
Dont say you agree with me. They'll lynch you next. Its something i call the Sloth Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom