• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Sonic Game!!!

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I don't know. I've never been much of a Sonic fan; they all seemed the same to me and then Sonic Colors looked good but it was just disappointing. Any way I won't be getting the game because I don't have either of those systems!

Sonic was never much of a platformer. At least not to me. It was always about the speed of rushing to the end and defeating Robotnik. While I admire the chance taking of the platforming in Colors it just wasn't the same.

:?
Remember the original Sonic game on the genesis? Think about the ratio of levels based on speed to levels that aren't. You'll notice that a lot of the gameplay is like Sonic's prototype; Ristar, just swap the grabbing-mechanic with the rolling-mechanic. Heck, the spin-dash (crouch+jump) didn't even come until Sonic 2, and that's been Sonic's most recognizable source of speed ever since.
If you ask me, if this new Sonic game is at all going to fulfill the inclusion of the "original" Sonic design, then I believe it's fair to assume his speed will be dumbed down to the original game's amount.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
It looks good to me even though I can't seem to figure out ANY possible plot at all.... It could also just be a Sonic Collection Game!!!!! Sadly, I don't have a PS3 or an Xbox, so it seems like a no show for me.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Well I could of sworn that the article I posted said something about time traveling but that sounds pretty dumb. Then that would mean Sonic used to be small and fat.

jugglaj91

I am me....
Well I could of sworn that the article I posted said something about time traveling but that sounds pretty dumb. Then that would mean Sonic used to be small and fat.

He was small and fat. then he kept running through the years and slimmed down. And yes there is some weird time travel thing to go with the story. All in all I think it looks good with the "classic sonic" getting the 2D stages and "modern sonic" getting the 3D stages.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Meh. As a former sonic fan, I won't be buying it.

I used to love Sonic as a sidescrolling handheld game. It was great on the gameboy! But then with sonic heroes, it went down a bit, then with every game afterwards, the series just dwindled into an extremely child friendly series wrapped in bubble wrap and cotton. Sonic used to be one of the greatest game characters of all time. Lately, Sega has just destroyed the character with horrible games with terrible gimicks.

If only they'd realise what they are doing, and how many fans they're loosing. :(

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Like everyone else...I used to like some Sonic games and I simply have just lost interest. Sonic Colors was supposed to be great, but from what I have seen, people found it a huge dissapointment. I liked Sonic Rush, that was my last played good Sonic game. I also think other releases will be on the top of my buying list, so I don't think I would buy it anyway.

tetrafan

Zelda Fan Girl
I can't wait for this game! The last great sonic game for me was Sonic and Knuckles and I hope all the old characters are playable in their classic forms;) too including Amy Rose but I hope their isnt too many characters in the game.:S

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I can't wait for this game! The last great sonic game for me was Sonic and Knuckles and I hope all the old characters are playable in their classic forms;) too including Amy Rose but I hope their isnt too many characters in the game.:S

Well, from what I know, only classic Sonic and modern Sonic are playable at this point. Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow are in it though.

You speak the truth about Sonic and Knuckles. Even though I couldn't beat Sandopolis Zone until I got much older=\

And I was never the biggest Amy Rose fan. She and that big cat thing almost ruined Sonic Adventure. She might have been different in Sonic CD, but we weren't rich enough to afford the Sega CD, so i wouldn't know :lol:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Sonic Generations looks like it'll be an amazing game, the first amazing Sonic console game since...the Adventure titles in my opinion. Heroes was good, and Colors was good, but any other console Sonic game felt horrible to me. The only gripe I have is that Modern Sonic is using that boost mechanism from Sonic Unleashed and Colors. I just hate that system altogether and I wish we had the Adventure gameplay, where the only boosts came from the Spin Dash and the speed panels on the grounds. Still, besides that, it looks amazing and I hope it turns out great!

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Sonic Generations looks like it'll be an amazing game, the first amazing Sonic console game since...the Adventure titles in my opinion. Heroes was good, and Colors was good, but any other console Sonic game felt horrible to me. The only gripe I have is that Modern Sonic is using that boost mechanism from Sonic Unleashed and Colors. I just hate that system altogether and I wish we had the Adventure gameplay, where the only boosts came from the Spin Dash and the speed panels on the grounds. Still, besides that, it looks amazing and I hope it turns out great!

Have to agree with you on that one. They seriously need to mix the gameplay of Adventure and Colors to make the perfect balance for modern Sonic. Sega needs to perfect 3D platforming for Sonic and bring back the spin dash. The speed thing makes it feel like you're just blasting through a level mindlessly. I don't mind him blasting through areas from time to time in a level but not all the time. I also hate how the enemies are set up like bowling pins that Sonic just blast through, I want enemies that move and that are attacking. The only thing that seems to hurt you in recent titles is the level design and gameplay. The Adventure games had it right but it wasn't perfect and it could of been improved upon over the years. Unleashed was decent but still wasn't anything special. The Werehog thing was just a fail and the daytime levels weren't that great due to poor level design. Colors is a great game and improved upon the daytime levels previously seen in Unleashed. It found a balance of speed and platforming but it felt too much of a 2D game that its hard to believe that Sonic has evolved. He needs to be in a 3D space to platform and also needs to run in 3D space without speed boost because it just gets too out of control that its hard to move him where you want and even collect all the rings in his path. They need to tone down on speed, bring back his spin dash, make it a full 3D title, and add some difficulty enemy wise not poor level design wise and gameplay wise.

Other then that, Generations still looks pretty good to me from both sides but can still be fixed from the modern side. Still good enough for now though. I hope the 3DS version is a bit different and takes advantage of the 3DS. I was hoping for the untitled 3DS Sonic game to be a totally different 3DS exclusive (Sonic Adventure 3DS) but I guess this could work.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom