• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Sonic Game!!!

Zelda64

The Knight of the Wind
Hm...I noticed Old Gen Sonic had shorter hair and a more kiddish look than New Gen Sonic. I can't seem to figure out what the game might be about.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I'll be very disappointed if it's a compilation of levels remade in 3D or games. Even though the levels thing isn't that bad of an idea. But that teaser looks so epic that it should be a full fledged out game. It's just like Turtles Forever. Having different incarnations of the TMNT in one epic movie. I like the whole new skinny edgier Sonic in a game with his earlier pot belly days Sonic thing. It has something both new and old fans can enjoy and hopefully it takes place in Sonic's world like I always wanted it to be as you can see in the trailer.

H

HayGonJinn

Sonic has died in my heart because of what it's become. From a sidescroller of wonderment and fun to stupid 3-D and bad storyline is what killed it for me (I liked Sonic Adventure though. But this game looks like it might shed a little hope on old school sonic fans.

jugglaj91

I am me....
They just need to make a game that has the forward momentum brought on us from Unleashed (Day stages) and go with it. Nothing else. Not a story, not any new sidekicks, just go forward, unleash hell, and defeat Robotnik. That is all i want from a new generation on Sonic.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
They just need to make a game that has the forward momentum brought on us from Unleashed (Day stages) and go with it. Nothing else. Not a story, not any new sidekicks, just go forward, unleash hell, and defeat Robotnik. That is all i want from a new generation on Sonic.

It's called Sonic Colors my friend.

jugglaj91

I am me....
It's called Sonic Colors my friend.

No its not. There is way too much side scrolling with too much navigation in that game. Old school Sonic you could almost basically run to the right and know you're getting somewhere. In Colors you were going back and forth way too much for my taste.

I never thought a sonic game would excited me but seeing the teaser trailer for this new sonic game makes me over excited, seeing the old sonic right next to the new sonic make me geek out because i am a huge fan of the original sonic and seeing him come back is awesome. i am going to wait for another trailer with gameplay until i decide to get Sonic Generations.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
No its not. There is way too much side scrolling with too much navigation in that game. Old school Sonic you could almost basically run to the right and know you're getting somewhere. In Colors you were going back and forth way too much for my taste.

You're right. It isn't like Unleashed.

Sonic Unleashed was going in the right direction but messed up on many parts. The stupid Werehog thing, the talking to people thing (Hello Sega, this is Sonic not Zelda), the decent but not great day time levels, and the physics. Colors improved on all that. It didn't have a stupid gimmick, even though I wasn't a fan of the Wisps, but it also didn't take away from the experience either. It found a perfect pace between speed and platforming the way Sonic should have always been and it was straight to the point like a Mario game. Eggman was the villain, and it didn't have the overused Super Sonic in space fighting a giant creature. So yeah, it wasn't like Unleashed. It was better.

Last edited:
Definitely looks interesting. I haven't bought a Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.

On a small side-note...has anyone played Sonic 4 yet? Worth the purchase?

R

Rovin

I hope that it's either a "Partners in time" kind of game or just a retrospective of the series. I'll be really mad if they take the Zelda aproach and say it's a different Sonic in the older games, I'd be so mad, I think that would just ruin the series for me. Although SEGA has made many mistakes in the past, I believe that no game company is that stupid. I'm just surprised it's not on the Wii. Sonic Colors was the best 3d Sonic game in a while.

Sonic 4 is pretty good, but I liked Sonic Rush a bit more. Although I will admit, the homing attack is a nice touch. One thing I had wrong with the game was that it brought back alot of frustrating moments from the older games like the Labyrinth zone in the first game. If you're looking for a great new sonic game, I recomend Sonic Colors.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Definitely looks interesting. I haven't bought a Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2: Battle.

On a small side-note...has anyone played Sonic 4 yet? Worth the purchase?

Yes, I have bought it and started it recently. I really like it, it feels like the older games while still being new. I really recommend it if you're a Sonic Fan. Colors and Sonic 4 are proving that Sonic can still come back and be good. Hope this new one doesn't fail. I'm also a big fan of Adventure 2 Battle. It's one of my favorite Sonic games.

Also, I wonder if in this game old school Sonic is going to be more platform based while new Sonic is more speed based. Who knows, they're Endless Possibilities with this game. Yeah, I did that.:D

jugglaj91

I am me....
Sonic was never much of a platformer. At least not to me. It was always about the speed of rushing to the end and defeating Robotnik. While I admire the chance taking of the platforming in Colors it just wasn't the same.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom