• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

New Music or Old Music

Old Music or New?

• New

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Old

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EponaOwns

The Real Master of Epona
Do you like old or new music?

Here is my point of view on new music: HATE IT! It sends out bad messages to young kids. Oh no terrorists and stuff in music. and the rap just sends out bad vibes and make people weaker in their hope. And WTC are the Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana? Terrible musicians! Woops forgot, they aren't! All these other songs about bad stuff. The toon is just too weird and annoying. If you ever read the lyrics you would say that it is neither music or poetry.

Old Music: Thank God there is such thing as this stuff! Who knows what would be music if there were no Beatles, Queen, Led Zepplin or anybody! They made the music today. The lyrics can be happy or sad but the rhythm of it keeps it together. There will be no other era in music where it wasn't as good as this. What I like about this era is that there are only a few songs that send out bad things if you read the lyrics but you wouldn't noticed that in the music. Like in Love of My Life by Queen. That is a perfect example.

So as you can see I prefer old music:)

Amelie

Air Dancer
If I had to pick. I would pick old musik. All the new musik kind of sounds the same to me and it just does not have as much talent. There are very few "new" bands I like.. but they were influanced by old bands.

I hate most of the new "music" today. A lot of it is incoherent words and what-not. Some of it is fine, I mean, I like some newer stuff, but mostly older.

Then again, I tend to like lesser known bands. I like a variety of older music, from really old [I mean up to 600+ years old], to things that are 50-10 years old.

And I don't consider people like the Jonas Brothers or Hannah Montana musicians at all. They actually quite disgust me.

But I also don't consider talking about "terrorists", and things like that, in music bad. I listen to quite a few songs that talk about world issues and things like that, but it isn't sending out "hate messages". But there are some artists that do do that, and those I dislike.

Do you like old or new music?

Here is my point of view on new music: HATE IT! It sends out bad messages to young kids. Oh no terrorists and stuff in music. and the rap just sends out bad vibes and make people weaker in their hope. And WTC are the Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana? Terrible musicians! Woops forgot, they aren't! All these other songs about bad stuff. The toon is just too weird and annoying. If you ever read the lyrics you would say that it is neither music or poetry.

Old Music: Thank God there is such thing as this stuff! Who knows what would be music if there were no Beatles, Queen, Led Zepplin or anybody! The lyrics can be happy or sad but the rhythm of it keeps it together. There will be no other era in music where it wasn't as good as this. What I like about this era is that there are only a few songs that send out bad things if you read the lyrics but you wouldn't noticed that in the music. Like in Love of My Life by Queen. That is a perfect example.

So as you can see I prefer old music:)

I agree with this. Except:

EponaOwns said:
They made the music today.

The music today couldn't even come close to the music from before.

If I had to pick. I would pick old musik. All the new musik kind of sounds the same to me and it just does not have as much talent. There are very few "new" bands I like.. but they were influanced by old bands.

Yes.

I hate most of the new "music" today. A lot of it is incoherent words and what-not. Some of it is fine, I mean, I like some newer stuff, but mostly older.

Then again, I tend to like lesser known bands. I like a variety of older music, from really old [I mean up to 600+ years old], to things that are 50-10 years old.

And I don't consider people like the Jonas Brothers or Hannah Montana musicians at all. They actually quite disgust me.

But I also don't consider talking about "terrorists", and things like that, in music bad. I listen to quite a few songs that talk about world issues and things like that, but it isn't sending out "hate messages". But there are some artists that do do that, and those I dislike.

Yes.

I've listened to new music for most of my life naturally because I had to, but I've more been getting into the 60's and 80's, and 90's music which was actually still good.

linkman8

True and Noble
If I had to choose, I'd choose old music, but I'm a hypocrite in saying that, because most 80's band fans would reject me, due to my dislike of heavy rock bands. I can't stand today's music, like rap, pop, metal, the whole deal, and I don't like half of the old music because it's too heavy for my tastes. However, there are some great old bands, like Journey, Billy Joel, Phil Collins, Supertramp, etc. (Note they're all fairly light music with good instrumentation.)

In conclusion, I have my own group of songs I like. I couldn't be put in the category of old-music-fan, or new-age-fan. They'd both reject me.

DisappearingMist

Mrs. Caleb
I tend to like a lot more old music right now. Oldies from the 50s all the way to a few years ago. And like Oni, I don't care for the heavier stuff either (most of the time) I haven't even heard much new music lately for some reason. Probably a good thing.

I voted new. Aren't Linkin Park, Nickleback, Chevell ect. considered new? I'm not a huge fan of music that happens before the 90's so I don't think I can say I like "old" music.

Kitsu, I campletely agree with you concerning Hannah Montana. Her music is nothing but horrible.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
I love old music, mostly swing, rhythm, big band, jazz, 60s-80s rock.

This stuff could make you dance till no tomorrow and it provides the best dang boost on energy ever.

New music is so slow that I'm surprised anyone could try dancing to it. I also hate how most new music is being dominated by curse words and sex.

My Fake Ex: **** **** ***** get me some **** *** *****

Yea that turns me off a lot.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
i voted and preder the older songs... Classics like Black Sabbath, iron maiden, old metallica albums, etc ... even though I also like some newer/post 90's bands like Placebo, Muse, Linkin Park, etc, they can't compare to the great classics of music...
And music these days tends to be more commercial and with dumber messages... Not to mention all those Disney Channel pop bands and singers like Hannah montanna and stuff

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
While I do love a lot of old songs, I still prefer newer songs. I actually looked at the decades that the songs on my mixed CDs are from, and 2000+ had the most by a landslide. Sure there are bad songs now, but there were bad songs before. The stuff from today is much more my style.

LinkOwnsYou

LINK MAH BOI!!!
Old Music like 80's, it's just that I love them of course there are newer bands that I actually like, such as ColdPlay, Linkin Park, Green Day, My Chemical Romance etc. but I can't compare them to the greatest bands of the 80's like Queen, Guns 'n' Roses, The Police etc. well that's my opinion.

Most of the new age popular music does send out a bad message to us youngins'.
Face it. One of the most popular types of music today is rap, and a lot of those songs (NOT ALL) are talking about going out to do drugs and drink. There are a few great artists today that have great talent and set good examples.

You won't find as many immoral songs in music from the 70's or 80's. They have some great songs in that time period that are still very popular. (Don't Stop Believin' was 57th last time I checked on itunes)

There are some artists today that I really enjoy listening to but I have to say that I do like older music better than modern.

Well, no-one's specified years, so I don't know the cutoff point between "old" and "new", but I think I prefer new.

I agree that a lot of new music out there is absolutely terrible and fake. Particularly rap/hip-hop. Whoever thought rap as we know it could be considered music should be slowly and painfully tortured. However, you have good stuff too, like Snow Patrol.

I don't really like anything made before the '80s. I don't get all these '70s rock bands that everyone claims to be the best. '60s bands like the Beatles and the Monkees were not that great either IMO. So, I probably fall into the category of "new" music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom