• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

N64 Has Finally Died...

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
So just a few minutes ago I went to play Super Mario 64 and found that my 64 has finally died. :( SADNESS!

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Wait....are you positive? Sometimes I'll hit the power on my N64 and it won't turn on, but then I shut it back off, blow on the cartridge and blow into the slot for it, readjust the battery, and after a few tries of doing this, it works again.

Did you try this? :) It might work still!

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
haha... when i first saw this post, i thought u meant the N64 in general. but yeah, blow on the cartridge and take out the memory card and blow on that to get all the dust off, then try again.

if it doesn't work, try un-plugging it and re-plugging it in after about 5 minutes.

good luck,
~Z

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
Those are the best ways to get your N64 back on and like Hylian Knight said you can still play the games on the wii. If it doesn't come back on you can always do that or get another N64 at a place like Play and Trade.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Oh, man. I hope mine doesn't do that! I just got it a few months back!

In any case, I'd go with what other peoples are saying.
If nothing works, I'd look for another online. They're really cheap!

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
But then again their are good titles that haven't made it to the VC.

Like the Banjo-Kazooie games and Perfect Dark to name some.

amaterasu

Writer
i thought you ment the actual 64 in general as well. lol. but yeah, just do what everybody else said.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Weren't those owned by Rare? Rare was acquired by Microsoft and they remade those games for the Xbox Live Arcade or so I recall. I don't think Nintendo owns the rights to those games anymore :/

Like above posters said, take out the cartridge, you could even try looking at your N64 to make sure there isn't anything in it. I remember my 3rd N64 had a cotton swab (q-tip in some countries) in it. Pretty weird, but the N64 still worked despite that!

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
Weren't those owned by Rare? Rare was acquired by Microsoft and they remade those games for the Xbox Live Arcade or so I recall. I don't think Nintendo owns the rights to those games anymore :/

Like above posters said, take out the cartridge, you could even try looking at your N64 to make sure there isn't anything in it. I remember my 3rd N64 had a cotton swab (q-tip in some countries) in it. Pretty weird, but the N64 still worked despite that!
I get what you're saying but Nintendo could easily put them on the VC since they were released on Nintendo Systems but maybe because of legal issues Nin can't and you've actually played Perfect Dark.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I played PD and Goldeneye 007, I think 007 was the best shooting game on N64 but that's just my opinion. I know both games used things that were in the other game but that's also because Rare helped in both of them. Umm...I'll look into whether Nintendo is still able to release those games, but I could've sworn I read an article that said Microsoft owns all of the rights..

Yeah, seriously, the N64 is well known for quirks like that. I can't remember how many times me and my friend thought the system or cartridge was broken, only to have it work again after ten minutes of blowing out the cartridge, unplugging/plugging back in the system, and turning it off and on. Sometimes it just takes a bit of patience, but I bet you a lot it will start working again if you keep trying.

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
Yeah everyone that has post all have the right answers. I does take a while to get back to be able to play it and depending on how many times you do it it may be broken which if so you just pay for a cheap one at a store or online.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
Hopefully you get it back up and running with the suggestions. Mine is about 14 years old now, but it still does fine. Now and then I have to blow on the cartridge when I put a new one in to play. I'm actually more worried about the only controller I have's lasting power than the console .. the analog stick is pretty worn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom